supersaver

Author Topic: Be wary of Fergi  (Read 2004 times)

Offline io

Be wary of Fergi
«: October 10, 2007, 04:13:56 PM»
I don't have logs, because I didn't get permission to post them. But the user 'Fergi' whispered me on my alt Trixy (who had digos turned on) and asked me to hold onto her life dragon (which it didn't look like she had) so she could download Furcaida next week or something. I asked her if she'd rather ask one of her friends to do it, as she didn't know me and shouldn't really trust someone she doesn't know. She said she didn't have any friends. She then asked for my Furcadia passwords and e-mail. I got a little defensive and told her she was trying to pull a scam, but she then tried telling me it would be easier with the e-mails. I told her all she had to do was secure trade. She asked me again if I would watch her dragon, then I told her I didn't want to take part in the situation. Then she kind of stopped talking after that.

I know this isn't a scam, but I just want to make sure no one falls for this.

Offline Julie

Be wary of Fergi
«Reply #1: October 10, 2007, 04:17:29 PM»
LOL FAIL

Offline SLASHERS.

Be wary of Fergi
«Reply #2: October 10, 2007, 04:20:47 PM»
Well that's ridiculous. If you re-create your digo'd charachter with the correct password, the digo's should still be on it, she didn't need anyone to "hold" it unless she just wanted to make things complicated. What a douche. #SJ
you know what, if you don't like it, get on the internet and complain.

Offline Mychelle

Be wary of Fergi
«Reply #3: October 10, 2007, 05:20:34 PM»
Something like this should be reported directly to Cironir in my opinion. Despite the fact you didnt have permission to show the logs, I'd still find them and send a report in to make sure this person -doesnt- scam anyone with this supposed 'trick' they have come up with.
Im letting my alts rot. So dont ask.

Offline Cironir

Be wary of Fergi
«Reply #4: October 13, 2007, 04:21:21 AM»
Looked a bit into it. The person does not have a history of doing that frequently, but they have literally a hundred of throw-away alts that were used a handful of times each and never confirmed. No digos whatsoever, so Zippy's caution was right on target. Yes, I think I would like a copy of the log -- the part about asking you for your password deserves some attention, I feel.

Offline io

Be wary of Fergi
«Reply #5: October 13, 2007, 02:02:37 PM»
Quote from: "Cironir"
Looked a bit into it. The person does not have a history of doing that frequently, but they have literally a hundred of throw-away alts that were used a handful of times each and never confirmed. No digos whatsoever, so Zippy's caution was right on target. Yes, I think I would like a copy of the log -- the part about asking you for your password deserves some attention, I feel.

All right. Here's the the logs up to the part where she asked me for my passwords. The rest is her trying to cover it up.

[ Fergi whispers, "Hi erm would you look after my life dragon for me i'm going to reload furcadia nxt week so can i transfer it now" to you. ]
(You see Fergi.)
> Catch as wisper a secret true and alway remember I HRT you J' Battie M' None
[ Fergi whispers, "this is kinda random" to you. ]
[ You whisper "Yes, I see. I dunno, would you really trust someone you don't know?" to Fergi. ]
(You see Trixy.)
>
  • Aw, somone left! D:

Dream Standard: T+ Environment
  • You've entered Acropolis, a socializing area for furres that just want to chat, make friends and meet others from around the world. Please, no Roleplaying or Persona Play here. Keep conversation suited for all ages. It's important to respect others, here and everywhere in Furcadia. Use F3 to move between multiple points around the dream.

Dream Standard: T+ Environment
  • Allegria Island is a place especially rich in dream-energy. Just find a spot you like, and press Ctrl-T to upload your dream. AI has a Teen+ environment. Make sure you check out our special Silver Showcase dream. Use F3 to move between multiple points around the dream. You can warp to Keywi Island and Home Island by clicking these links.

[ Fergi whispers, "well i yer so would you if you just give me your furcadia password and email i can tranfer it to any character" to you. ]

Fengo

Be wary of Fergi
«Reply #6: October 23, 2007, 02:53:05 PM»
I've had this before but with a different person, can't remember their name. Some people really think anyone would do that. Aha.

Offline sht

Be wary of Fergi
«Reply #7: October 31, 2007, 08:53:33 PM»
Okay yeah, most likely trying to scam you.
Why would she ask for your password and email?
And no freinds? Come on. Fergi must have AT LEAST had one.
I saw her once in AI. Next time I see her again I'll ask Ferg if she actually has a life dragon, if she says no, I'll drop by.

Jinxchu

Be wary of Fergi
«Reply #8: November 28, 2007, 04:27:11 PM»
LOL
what a fail of a scam

Offline Glory

Be wary of Fergi
«Reply #9: November 28, 2007, 07:45:17 PM»
Quote from: "Jinxchu"
LOL
what a fail of a scam

This hasnt had a post since October 31st o_o; almost a month later now. Dont post in dead topics unless you have new information i think.
I don't use this website much.

supersaver