supersaver

Author Topic: SOLVED - No Scam (Misunderstanding): Life Gryffe Scam  (Read 4172 times)

Zero Kinree

• Topic Author
SOLVED - No Scam (Misunderstanding): Life Gryffe Scam
«: September 21, 2007, 10:49:42 PM»
Just letting everyone out there know to keep from trades with Paw. Was supposed to buy a life gryffe from her but after sending money by paypal she disappeared in game and has not responded to any forms of communication.

Offline Kelly

«Reply #1: September 21, 2007, 10:51:57 PM»
Do you have any logs/screenies or anything to back this up with? >:
personal message me for attention

Zero Kinree

• Topic Author
«Reply #2: September 21, 2007, 10:56:57 PM»

There be Paw online not responding to my whispers at all. I also have the log from last night when the deal was supposed to happen.[/img]

Offline Jenni

«Reply #3: September 22, 2007, 12:57:14 AM»
Well, I don't know anything about this situation, since you haven't provided any proof of the 'scam', but I -JUST- did an absolutely perfect trade with her. /: And, not only that, I had to put her to wait for some time due to paypal problems on MY part, but it ended out all smooth.

From what I see, I see no proof. No logs or screen shots, since the one you provided barely says anything about the situation, moreso simply saying you have no GFL, whispered Paw, and need to download the little update for the desctag. n_n

Zero Kinree

• Topic Author
«Reply #4: September 22, 2007, 01:01:39 AM»
Entering AFK Mode
Paw is now Online.
Leaving AFK Mode
[ You whisper "Hey there." to Paw. ]
[ Paw whispers, "Hi :-)" to you. ]
Paw requests permission to join your company. To accept the request, click here or type `summon and press <enter>.
Paw joins you.
Zero Kinree: Finally I see you on. lol
Paw: :-D
(You see Paw.)
> with the wings of an angel and a devilish grin.. {♡♥♡BFTPSNX}
Zero Kinree: Noice.
Paw: The for-life tag is in my desc
Zero Kinree: So I see.
Paw: My PayPal address is *******@gmail.com.. I'm logging in now
Zero Kinree: 85 right?
Paw: Yessum
Zero Kinree: All sent.
Myrkky is now Offline.
Zero Kinree: Did you get it?

Kapow! Proxy 10.09.07 by Shaun Dreclin
[!] News Channel on.
Welcome to Furcadia! Press F1 for help.
Winver v5.1 b2600 d9.0
Dream Standard: T+ Environment
Kapow! Proxy 10.09.07 by Shaun Dreclin
  • Allegria Island is a place especially rich in dream-energy. Just find a spot you like, and press Ctrl-T to upload your dream. AI has a Teen+ environment. Make sure you check out our special Silver Showcase dream. Use F3 to move between multiple points around the dream. You can warp to Keywi Island and Home Island by clicking these links.

(You see Zero Kinree.)
>
Paw is now Online.
(You see Paw.)
Zero Kinree stretches his arms as he waits.
Zero Kinree pokes
(You see Paw.)
Entering AFK Mode
Leaving AFK Mode
Online Furres:
Paw
[ You whisper "Where'd you go?" to Paw. ]
You are not a gryffe. Please visit http://www.furcadia.com/digomarket/ for information about how to order one.
[ You whisper "When will I be getting the lifer?" to Paw. ]
Sorry, you may not look at that player right now.

Your request has been sent to Paw.
  • Main Hall

[ You whisper "Is there a reason why I don't have the life gryffe yet after sending the requested amount, as well as no responces on here or aim?" to Paw. ]
Sorry, you may not look at that player right now.

Need anything else from the log of this transaction? I have no problems giving you pm's or even paypal info to prove that money was sent and that I still don't have said life gryffe.

By the way the little box with the X in it is for voting Ninja for Pirates Vs Ninja. Good try on the little update thing though.

Offline Sync

«Reply #5: September 22, 2007, 01:28:06 AM»
you sure they didn't freeze and then disconnect or something?
from the logs, that good be the possible situation.

Zero Kinree

• Topic Author
«Reply #6: September 22, 2007, 01:33:43 AM»
Yeah I'm sure. Sent multiple messages during the time of the transaction over  a pm here, whispers that day of and today as well as sending messages to the aim name associated with the account here. No responses at all after money was sent. I'm pretty sure it wasn't the problem of freezing.

I didn't want to have to take this route and post something like this here but after 2 days of no communication whatsoever I felt like I had to do something. No one enjoys losing money. If there was a problem with the transaction or Paw freezing / disconnecting then I'm sure she would have told me through pm or aim, but as I stated no communication has been made back to me either day that I have tried.

Offline Cironir

«Reply #7: September 22, 2007, 04:52:14 AM»
You should get in touch with Paypal and see if you can get the money back. Time may be of essence here, (Provided she did scam you, which I have no way of verifying.) I guess I can also look into this if there is no progress, but I cannot get anyone's Paypal money back. (Good example why you should buy digos from us -- may cost a bit more, but it is perfectly safe.)

Zero Kinree

• Topic Author
«Reply #8: September 22, 2007, 01:42:21 PM»
Already a step ahead of you with Paypal looking into it. I try to cover myself on both ends when doing any kind of deal over the net.

I just want to know why she won't respond in any way, even to this topic. You'd think if she wasn't scamming then she'd at least say something in here. I just want what I paid for and all this will disappear.

Zero Kinree

• Topic Author
«Reply #9: September 26, 2007, 12:16:16 AM»
No updates as of yet on this topic. Paw still dodges any form of communication that I try to have with her and Paypal is still looking into the dispute/claim.

Everyone still be careful when dealing with Paw until this can all be cleared. Don't need anyone else being scammed by her.

Offline Hugo

«Reply #10: September 26, 2007, 11:05:53 AM»
I saw Paw online last night being completely responsive and talkative in FurN.

Offline Dupre

«Reply #11: September 26, 2007, 11:45:47 AM»
I was reading through the forum before and saw someone do this...

Couldn't you get on an alt that Paw wouldn't recongnize and whisper them and see if they responds? If they do then maybe they are dodging your other whispers. =/

You can even inquire about the lifer for sale again I guess to see if they're still trying to sell it.

I'm only suggesting this because I saw someone else on FAM do it and thought it might be a good idea in this case. ^^;
Contacts: Dupre

Zero Kinree

• Topic Author
«Reply #12: September 26, 2007, 11:53:18 AM»
Yeeah already tried that. I told a friend about what happened a day or two after it did. She whispered Paw and acted like she saw posts on here from her about wanting to sell the lifer. She also didn't get any responses back from her. My guess is she'll dodge the subject about the Life Gryffe all together if someone whispers her about it.

Would be nice if Paypal gets me my money back and she loses the lifer over all of this, buut now its just a waiting game I guess while all ends check into this (Paypal, Guardians, etc.).

Zero Kinree

• Topic Author
«Reply #13: September 26, 2007, 10:46:42 PM»

Ran into Paw since I was told she was in FurN the other night being all talkative. Guess what happened a few minutes after I sat next to her? That's right she vanished once again.

Buut as all can see there's the lifer tag in her desc.

Offline Cironir

«Reply #14: September 27, 2007, 01:58:02 AM»
I sent her an email and asked for a statement on the matter. She does have a few days to respond back to us. Also refer to the email I sent you earlier today.

Offline Kiwi

«Reply #15: September 27, 2007, 09:55:37 AM»
Additional information: user is attempting to sell the alt.
Furcadia Contacts: Kiwi                                                
Contactable for any reason.
FAQ

Bam

• Topic Author
«Reply #16: September 27, 2007, 09:59:17 AM»
Not to mention the starting post on there was last updated a day AFTER this thread started, with the life gryffe tag still in it, saying she's selling. :/

Offline Kiwi

«Reply #17: September 27, 2007, 10:04:39 AM»
Quote from: "Requiem"
Not to mention the starting post on there was last updated a day AFTER this thread started, with the life gryffe tag still in it, saying she's selling. :/

Exactly. What a shame too. It would have been neat to have the AIM SN Sabbath.

To all just catching up and skipping the first page: The warning is to avoid trading with Paw because Zero Kinree paid Paw $85 paypal for a life gryffe, was never given the gryffe and has been avoided.

The matter is being investigated.

Thanks for catching up.
Furcadia Contacts: Kiwi                                                
Contactable for any reason.
FAQ

Bizzare

• Topic Author
«Reply #18: September 27, 2007, 11:48:33 AM»
Emily (Paw) is known for this kind of behavior; on going since Where banned FAM kids go.
She emailed DJ to retrieve the username "sabbath" after I bought it.

Offline Cironir

«Reply #19: September 28, 2007, 12:19:05 AM»
Quote from: "Kiwi"
Additional information: user is attempting to sell the alt.

In light of this, I froze the character.

Edward

• Topic Author
«Reply #20: September 28, 2007, 08:12:35 PM»
hmmm. just adding my two cents. i purchased a dragon from paw about a month ago and had no problem at all getting the dragon. i paid for the dragon with scales and was given the dragon immediately after i sent payment. reason why i find this whole issue really bizarre to begin with.

Offline Sync

«Reply #21: September 28, 2007, 08:16:13 PM»
Quote from: "Edward"
hmmm. just adding my two cents. i purchased a dragon from paw about a month ago and had no problem at all getting the dragon. i paid for the dragon with scales and was given the dragon immediately after i sent payment. reason why i find this whole issue really bizarre to begin with.
well, paw got screwed so i guess it doesn't matter anymore lol.

Offline Hugo

«Reply #22: September 28, 2007, 08:19:55 PM»
If you buy with scales, the dragon is part of a secure trade so no duh they weren't able to log off on you.

Edward

• Topic Author
«Reply #23: September 28, 2007, 08:47:36 PM»
Quote from: "Hugo"
If you buy with scales, the dragon is part of a secure trade so no duh they weren't able to log off on you.

it doesn't stop people from trying. there are people just dumb enough to do crap like that hugo. remember, this is furcadia and it's inhabited by idiots as much as it's inhabited by rational people.

Zero Kinree

• Topic Author
«Reply #24: September 28, 2007, 09:47:43 PM»
Thanks to everyone who has provided information on this subject and thanks to those who are looking into it. I really appreciate it.  There's no new news on my end. Paypal is still looking into it all.

supersaver