supersaver

Author Topic: Solved  (Read 2422 times)

Offline Asher

Solved
«: September 14, 2007, 07:09:03 AM»
Disclaimer: While I'm not sure if Tan(on FurC) is the original buyer of the dragon digo, I am putting this on here because she was the last person that I traded the dragon for.

On 7/27/07 I bought a dragon digo from Tan for GDs that was supposed to last until April of next year. Last night after coming home, I discovered a message that basically said that the dragon digo was cancelled and lo’ and behold when I’m logged in the dragon digo is gone along with the GD’s I paid for the digo almost two months ago.

My question is how can an order be cancelled if the wait period has been this long? I didn’t even think that it was possible given that the digo was rightfully mine and done under a secure trade. Shouldn't the person that have paid for the digo have no more rights into what is done with the digo?

Offline Cironir

Solved
«Reply #1: September 14, 2007, 09:04:23 AM»
It is only possible if the credit card holder claims theft or unauthorized use, and it is not something we are responsible for (our money-back guarantee is only fourteen days). You emailed in about that, but didn't include your character name, so please drop us another note with complete information. The name you mentioned in your email also was not Tan.

Offline Sync

Solved
«Reply #2: September 14, 2007, 09:20:08 AM»
tan doesn't have a credit card...

Offline Asher

Solved
«Reply #3: September 14, 2007, 10:16:43 AM»
Quote from: "Cironir"
It is only possible if the credit card holder claims theft or unauthorized use, and it is not something we are responsible for (our money-back guarantee is only fourteen days). You emailed in about that, but didn't include your character name, so please drop us another note with complete information. The name you mentioned in your email also was not Tan.

I did include the name of the character at the end of the message (it was bolded =/) . I digged up Tan's name after looking through my DP archives this morning, I will resend the information today.

Offline Kratos

Solved
«Reply #4: September 14, 2007, 10:54:34 AM»
whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa wtf i just woke up to see this.
i remember trading a dragon for.. 15gd? to someone that had a name i cant remember.
i think thats the only dragon ive sold, so you must be this person.
i do not buy ANY of the digos i trade off, and im trying to remember for the life of me where i got it from.
i will search through logs to try to find who i got it from, although i dont think that person bought it originally either.
if im correct, the dragon was given to me by Lily (Trust on furc) who hasn't been on in god knows how long, but i might be wrong.
ill snoop through logs for confirmation.

Offline Kratos

Solved
«Reply #5: September 14, 2007, 11:16:55 AM»
Extra: Dragon, tradeable in 74 days, expires on 2008-04-17/03:02:03/Thu

expiration date of the dragon, or.. supposed expiration date.
and i was wrong.
it wasnt Lily.
i have no idea if the person bought the dragon or not, because i know she paid for the SS on her alt with paypal/CC etc etc.
the original alt that had the dragon was Cera (now in Apostrophe's possession).
she gave the alt to me stating she quit (i have emails to prove this) and said i could do what i wanted with it.
it sounded fishy, but after a while my paranoia died down because nothing seemed to be wrong.
her e-mail is the only way i know how to contact her currently because i don't speak with her.

edit: ive sent her an email asking why the dragon was canceled.
i also got a kitterwing (expiring same exact time) from the alt.
i don't know where it went but i'm worried it was also canceled.
):

Offline Cironir

Solved
«Reply #6: September 14, 2007, 01:29:35 PM»
Tan got the dragon from the person who bought it: Cera. Cera is also the one who charged back the money. Paypal took the money out of DEP's account, so the items were removed. Cera is the responsible party here. We will take care of this on our end since it is not quite all right to do this, and it causes us problems and expenses as well. It is unlikely that you will see Cera again in the game.

All items of the order were cancelled, including the triwings.

Just to clarify: The alt "Cera" was, when the items were purchased, not in possession of Tan. That person seems to have left Furcadia in June, it seems. I'm not done looking into this yet, but Tan doesn't seem to be responsible. She couldn't have possibly known that this individual would back charge the money several months later.

Offline Kratos

Solved
«Reply #7: September 14, 2007, 01:33:18 PM»
fsjfsd
you arent getting rid of uh.. new owner of Cera, right?
you're basing it off the IP of the original creator/owner of her?
i dont want the alt Cera itself banned because i'd feel horrible about Apostrophe's loss of half of a trade in that case.
anyway, thanks for the confirmation. <3

Offline Cironir

Solved
«Reply #8: September 14, 2007, 01:46:30 PM»
And, Parlay, I am going to give you a dragon.

Disclaimer: This is only being done because the order was placed five months ago. If it had been two weeks or so, I would not do this. This is also not a new policy, and it is only me, not DEP, doing it. It may never be done again, this can't be demanded on, and there are no guarantees of any kind. (Phew!)

Offline gg

Solved
«Reply #9: September 14, 2007, 02:00:24 PM»
And, Parlay, I am going to give you a dragon.

Disclaimer: This is only being done because the order was placed five months ago. If it had been two weeks or so, I would not do this. This is also not a new policy, and it is only me, not DEP, doing it. It may never be done again, this can't be demanded on, and there are no guarantees of any kind. (Phew!)

bawww. how sweet. <3

Offline Tyler

Solved
«Reply #10: September 14, 2007, 03:45:31 PM»
It is unlikely that you will see Cera again in the game.

well damnit. and it's obvious and blatantly apparent i wasn't involved in any of this, except for trading the alt nectar for cera some time ago.

win some & lose some, i guess ...  :roll:

so, cera + all the port art and port spaces and wings and whatever else was on there goes down the drain and there's no way i can recover any of those? not even just the port spaces..?
· you are a b u f f e t of manliness ·

Offline Gauge

Solved
«Reply #11: September 14, 2007, 04:10:59 PM»
I think he means the original owner. Not you  :wink:

Offline Tyler

Solved
«Reply #12: September 14, 2007, 04:13:01 PM»
Quote from: "Slipknot"
I think he means the original owner. Not you  :wink:

well unfortunately, i own the alt cera right now, and if "frozen" means trying to log onto the alt and getting a pop up that says " Goodbye. " and no successful log in, then my alt is frozen. with all the other stuff on it.

so my inquiry remains.

Offline Cironir

Solved
«Reply #13: September 14, 2007, 04:25:28 PM»
Ah well, just keep using it. There were no wings on it -- unless they were the ones that she ordered. Those were also cancelled by the buyer. (Can't replace those since that is her character.)

I guess nobody really cares about the fact that we don't support alt trading.

Offline Usagi

Solved
«Reply #14: September 14, 2007, 04:27:57 PM»

altmarket.net

>>;; We care...but we still like it. Kind of like eating McDonald's when you know it's bad for you.
Not active on Furc but I'm keeping my alts.
Best to not ask or bother me about any of them.

Offline Cironir

Solved
«Reply #15: September 14, 2007, 04:42:40 PM»
The thing is, it isn't bad for anyone as long as I keep fixing issues of this type. What I "should" do is to let people learn the hard way, but it's not so easy to not help if I have the ability to. The question is which way is, in the long run, better for the community. I can think of pros and cons for both "schools of thought".

Anyway, this situation is different. The fact that alts changed hands is only a minor aspect. If Cera had only given the items to Tan and not the entire character, the topic starter would still have lost the dragon. Though I guess it would have been reasonable to not fix the alt trading aspect of the issue.

This does show one of the dangers of alt trading (if Cera now contacted us and said her alt was stolen and that this is why she cancelled the items that were on Cera, Tan would face a long ban from Furcadia for character and digo theft) ... but, see the first paragraph.

Offline Tyler

Solved
«Reply #16: September 14, 2007, 05:28:54 PM»

exactly my point when i read over the entire ordeal that was going on, tried to log onto Cera, and didn't flip my shit and get pissass when I realized I couldn't log onto her anymore, like i've seen so many users do. sure i did nothing wrong and i would have pretty much a valid arguement ( to an extent ), but i know the risks involved in alt trading. trust me, you've drained yourself in telling us the risks over and over.

"win some lose some" was/is the sort of attitude i have about this, since I understand the dilemma about alt trading around furcadia. If you would've answered "no, there's nothing i can do. it's gone. " alright, that's cool. you're the boss in this situation, after all. i was just curious, since i've never been involved in anything pertaining to this.

tan, don't worry about trying to repay me for the wings, that's just dirt under the carpet as far as i'm concerned. ( or however that saying goes.. )

i'm just glad the ordeal got resolved. ( or it did from what i see, in any case..? )

thanks cironir, for dealing with the issue ( and all the other ones ) and handling it as you do.

Offline Asher

Solved
«Reply #17: September 14, 2007, 08:02:36 PM»
Thank you so much for your help Cironir ^^

And Tan, I didn't think that you cancelled the order, that's why I put they disclaimer up at the begining of this thread