supersaver

Author Topic: Book  (Read 4673 times)

Offline Gauge

Book
«: August 29, 2007, 04:45:03 PM»
OMFG i traded him 2009 gryffe for a runescape account, i logged on right now and it says invalid password..
unfortunatly i dont have any logs, but in trade reason i put trading gryffe for rs account, is there any way i can get it back?

Offline Ambi

Book
«Reply #1: August 29, 2007, 05:25:18 PM»
Furcadia doesn't support trading digos for non-Furc related items, so I have a feeling there's a very rare chance you'd be getting the gryffe back. Good luck, though.

Offline Gauge

Book
«Reply #2: August 29, 2007, 05:26:07 PM»
thanks =/

Offline SLASHERS.

Book
«Reply #3: August 29, 2007, 05:28:48 PM»
You probably should have tried to log into the account before you traded the gryffe, or made him set his trade reason to the password of the account, and then try it, before pushing trade accept. I'm not trying to be rude, and I'm so sorry you lost your gryffe. ;_;  I'm just saying, for future refrence. <:/

</no help>
you know what, if you don't like it, get on the internet and complain.

Offline Gauge

Book
«Reply #4: August 29, 2007, 05:30:00 PM»
No, i traded him yesterday, and then earlier todayi got a whisper from him saying "Hey hows the acc :]" and now i know why he said it

Offline Cironir

Book
«Reply #5: August 29, 2007, 05:39:58 PM»
Well, it depends. We don't support trades of this kind, because we can't enforce them and don't have any ways to verify what happened. He could, for example, claim that you got the account and now try to scam him. That is why we don't support it, not because we are being difficult or uptight about these things.

The flipside is that we have very little desire to allow scammers to use our game to take advantage of our players and benefit from trickery. I am going to see if we have anything else on this player and his alts. Logs would really help. There really is no reason not to set Furcadia to logging sessions, even if it's only the last ten, especially if you engage in risky trades (then I would also take screenshots).

What I don't understand is why you went first.

Offline Gauge

Book
«Reply #6: August 29, 2007, 05:46:10 PM»
I checked all my logs, let me check again though.

Offline Gauge

Book
«Reply #7: August 29, 2007, 05:56:46 PM»
kay found logs :)

[ You whisper "hey" to Book. ]
[ You whisper "lets just whisper stead of FAM" to Book. ]
[ Book whispers, "O.o" to you. ]
[ Book whispers, "Hi." to you. ]
[ You whisper "Loo is slipknot on FAM" to Book. ]
[ Book whispers, "Book nods." to you. ]
[ You whisper "whens the mem expire?" to Book. ]
[ Book whispers, "Im unsure. 3-4 months." to you. ]
[ You whisper "may i log onto it now to check it out?" to Book. ]
[ Book whispers, "Sure. the password is ******" to you. ]
[ You whisper "kk one sec" to Book. ]
[ Book whispers, "Very paranoid tbh. :/" to you. ]
[ You whisper "whats tbh" to Book. ]
[ Book whispers, "To be Honest." to you. ]
[ You whisper "oh, dont worry i just wanna check the stuff on it" to Book. ]
[ Book whispers, "It's got a bank pin x_x" to you. ]
[ You whisper "no worries tell i wanna check like the stats and everything, like its membership and stuff, then ill ask you the pin when we trade" to Book. ]
[Book whispers, "Mk." to you. ]
[ You whisper "very nice i like" to Book. ]
[ You whisper "ill summon you so i we can trade" to Book. ]
[ Book whispers, "One thing." to you. ]
[ You whisper "ya?" to Book. ]
[ Book whispers, "Im gonna have to ask for a little bit more. It has 11 glories, 11k pure essence, 150k cash, 375 lobbies, a rune scim, and more." to you. ]
[ Book whispers, " :/" to you. ]
[ You whisper "but this is all i have" to Book. ]
[ Book whispers, "Hmm." to you. ]
[ You whisper "i have a ported alt aswell?" to Book. ]
[ You whisper "say look ironwing" to Book. ]
[ Book whispers, "Named?" to you. ]
[ Book whispers, "Could you xfer half of the glories and the cash and rune scim to my pure after the trade?" to you. ]
[ You whisper "uhhh sure" to Book. ]
[ Book whispers, "Actually.. Id actually rather just xfer all my stuff. dangit" to you. ]
[ You whisper "so you'll accept the gryffe and the ported alt?" to Book. ]
[ Book whispers, "Id rather just the gryffe for the plain account" to you. ]

[ You whisper "you can trans your own stuff i have to be on one and you on the other" to Book. ]
[ You whisper "cant*" to Book. ]
[ Book whispers, "Ill put all the stuff i need transed in invy so we can trans the stuff before the trade" to you. ]
[ You whisper "kay" to Book. ]
there

Offline Cironir

Book
«Reply #8: August 29, 2007, 06:03:54 PM»
You shouldn't post logs here without his permission. It would have been fine to send them to the Guardian address, though.

So, you had access to the RS account at some point. I'm not familiar with RS, but couldn't you have changed the password after giving him the Gryffe?

Offline Gauge

Book
«Reply #9: August 29, 2007, 06:16:50 PM»
Yes, i did but a day later he used Recovery questions, which he set, and thats how he got the account back

Offline Cironir

Book
«Reply #10: August 29, 2007, 06:24:43 PM»
Is this something that can be reported to RS (by you)? Like I said, I'm not familiar with it, so my knowledge about their policies is fairly limited.

Offline Gauge

Book
«Reply #11: August 29, 2007, 06:25:20 PM»
I well i dont really care about the rs account anymore, i just want my gryffe back =/

Offline Cironir

Book
«Reply #12: August 29, 2007, 06:34:05 PM»
Might be easier to get the RS account back than the Gryffe, though. What character was the Gryffe on?

Offline Gauge

Book
«Reply #13: August 29, 2007, 06:37:13 PM»
Loo

Offline Cironir

Book
«Reply #14: August 29, 2007, 06:42:52 PM»
Okay, I see you mentioned the conditions in the trade reason. I will look into this, but I cannot make any promises. Please check with me on the weekend (in the game) for updates. There may not be much that can be done, but we will see.

Offline Gauge

Book
«Reply #15: August 29, 2007, 06:43:50 PM»
like saturday?

Offline Winston

Book
«Reply #16: August 29, 2007, 08:02:22 PM»
Unfortunately i did not hack the account. I now only play on my pure, Headshot--Ko. The only other person who has recoveries to the account is my friend Joey. I will question him about it. I did not hack the account, and don't expect to see me on it. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Im very puzzled, and im currently going to have a long conversation with Joey.

I am not a scammer. I never have been, and I never will be. >.>

Offline Gauge

Book
«Reply #17: August 29, 2007, 08:03:26 PM»
Ya ok, until i get the pass back, ill believe you. now its time for me to go

Yasutora

Book
«Reply #18: August 29, 2007, 09:56:22 PM»
Fastest way to recover recovs:

Get the current recovs, then select recover a lost password. Then select someone has my recovs. Then fill in all the info, the pass wont change right away but in 3 days you'll get the account back with the new pass and the recovs will be removed so you can set them.

Offline Hugo

Book
«Reply #19: August 29, 2007, 10:36:07 PM»
On a sidenote; if you report this to RS they will just ban you as trading accounts is against their TOS.

Offline Cironir

Book
«Reply #20: August 30, 2007, 07:07:57 AM»
Okay, so  I'll wait a couple days before I "officially" look into this case. :) Please let me know on Saturday or Sunday if the situation has been resolved or if the Gryffe needs to be returned, if the account cannot be gotten back and the trade completed.

Offline Gauge

Book
«Reply #21: August 30, 2007, 02:36:50 PM»
Alright, if Book talks to this "Joey" and gets me my pass back i'll whisper ya cironir :)

Fiery

Book
«Reply #22: August 30, 2007, 05:15:57 PM»
From my wisdom, I'm 88% sure "Joey" doesn't have the password.

Offline Gauge

Book
«Reply #23: August 30, 2007, 07:16:31 PM»
Quote from: "Cironir"
Okay, so  I'll wait a couple days before I "officially" look into this case. :) Please let me know on Saturday or Sunday if the situation has been resolved or if the Gryffe needs to be returned, if the account cannot be gotten back and the trade completed.

Yeah i whispered him now and he says that this joey was mad because he sold his account, so he got it back and changed pass, and now blocked book off of msn and refuses to speak, so may i have my gryffe transferred back to me, if you do. I'd like it on my alt MurderDolls. thankyou. :)

Offline Winston

Book
«Reply #24: August 30, 2007, 07:19:52 PM»
Quote from: "Slipknot"
Quote from: "Cironir"

Yeah i whispered him now and he says that this joey was mad because he sold his account, so he got it back and changed pass, and now blocked book off of msn and refuses to speak, so may i have my gryffe transferred back to me, if you do. I'd like it on my alt MurderDolls. thankyou. :)

[ You whisper "It's not my fault he hacked you. >.> Stop acting like it is." to MurderDolls. ]
[ MurderDolls whispers, "It sorta is you told him you sold him, which provoked him to hack it back. " to you. ]
[ You whisper "No. It's not. It's not my fault ><" to MurderDolls. ]
 Someone has left South Harlem, They're not tough enough to make it here.....
[ MurderDolls whispers, "I already asked Ciro to give me my gryffe back so.. bye :)" to you. ]
[ You whisper "Thanks for being a royal jackass." to MurderDolls. ]

No. It's not my fault. When you bought the account it had recovery questions on it. It's not my fault Joseph decided to hack it. Im doing everything in my power to get it back for you. Your the one who took the risk, and i don't plan on getting burned.

supersaver