supersaver

Author Topic: Frig, I got scammed out of life classics. ):  (Read 3077 times)

Moni

• Topic Author
Frig, I got scammed out of life classics. ):
«: August 25, 2007, 10:20:36 AM»
I did a trade with Swaki: five spaces for an alt with life wings, two filled ports, and a ferian. The moment I got the alt, I transferred everything on it with SS (ferian to Jam, wings to the alt Kagome-chan), and everything except the life classics is here now. Not to mention, Swaki has been IMing me constantly asking how the alt was, and the one time I reported I wasn't on it because of babysitting, pop, there goes my lifer.

I was only trading for the digos, not the alt itself (I cleared the supposed stolen ports off it to save Swaki the drama so I could give the alt back), and stated this to Swaki prior to the trade to clear anything up, because I wanted the classics and they weren't transferrable at the time. It seemed like Swaki didn't trust me, so I didn't trust Swaki too much either, and therefore saved every paypal receipt/screenshot/AIM conversation. (Swaki= Liferz on here by the way); anyone think there's a way I could get compensated for my wings, or am I gonna get a big "LAWL NO" from the furc. peoples? ):

Anyone who wants proof of this can IM me/e-mail me and I'll give out all the proof I gots.

update: What the- I just got two pop-ups, notifying me that my classics and a space were stolen from Kana Sweetfur ... first off, I didn't even get a space in the trade, it was my port space that furcadia just took back. I'm going to contact Kana Sweetfur as soon as possible to talk this out, but this is ridiculous.

[ screenshot ]

Trading stuff:

1. Digo market checkout (link)
2. me buying the digos to show Liferz on AIM (link)
3. everything still on Swaki (link)

Offline Belial

«Reply #1: August 25, 2007, 10:26:12 AM»
It would appear that he canceled the paypal order which, is actually bannable from what I understand. That sucks Moni. ;_; -hug-

Offline anathema

«Reply #2: August 25, 2007, 10:27:27 AM»
honestly, that.. wasn't smart. it's one of those cases of "too good to be true." FIVE spaces for life wings+? i think that's a little fishy.

Moni

• Topic Author
«Reply #3: August 25, 2007, 10:33:12 AM»
I know, I thought the same thing, until he/she said she wanted $50 equivelence, and said either 5 spaces, a gryffe, or a phoenix ... I used the sale to pick the lesser of the three.

Offline Usagi

«Reply #4: August 25, 2007, 10:57:34 AM»
Quote from: "Morgan"
honestly, that.. wasn't smart. it's one of those cases of "too good to be true." FIVE spaces for life wings+? i think that's a little fishy.

I agree, bad Moni! You should know better.

Still, this is fucked up. ):
Not active on Furc but I'm keeping my alts.
Best to not ask or bother me about any of them.

Moni

• Topic Author
«Reply #5: August 25, 2007, 11:01:58 AM»
*headhang*

Too bad I have to go to work in an hour and a half. I'm tempted to call in sick so I can watch what develops here - I'd rather not receive the "LOL U LOSE" message when not at home to cry and complain about it. ;_;

edit: It also strikes me as kinda silly that this Kana Sweetfur-chick gets to claim that I have something stolen from her, and it gets taken back without anyone even bothering to contact me first. I mean, they obviously have the alt name and the e-mail it's on, but there's also my FAM and PMs and AIM and even my phone number that I've left with digo market. D: All of it ttly useless because some girl says so.

Offline Kratos

«Reply #6: August 25, 2007, 11:59:14 AM»
this is bullshit Moni. :[

i can understand why she took the 5 spaces thing if she said she wanted $50, although that's a bit low for an alt with more than just life classics.
some people still value spaces at $10, so Moni probably decided that and went with it instead of 10 spaces.. but how long of a gryffe/phoenix did she want? that'd be a key red flag as well.

even though this is related to alt trading, i think that the guardians would do something because of the digos involved.
i'm sure Cironir will look at this thread - so just wait it out til then and see what he says about it?
i'd send an e-mail still, just to be safe, and to make it look like you DO give a crap.
if you wait a few days to send it, they might think differently.
attach all the screenshots you took, including the popups you got on furc, etc etc, and explain the situation.

Moni

• Topic Author
«Reply #7: August 25, 2007, 12:10:51 PM»
Gonna send the e-mail at 7:00 tonight when I get home from work, because I only have ten minutes to get ready and no time to send it to them, but I did contact a guardian/leave Cironir a message ingame/a PM to boot ... hopefully he doesn't kill me for tormenting him.

Also, she wanted a 2 year phoenix/gryffe, which is like $40-ish if I remember correctly? I've seen used classics go for $50 all the time, so I didn't question that part.

Offline Kratos

«Reply #8: August 25, 2007, 12:22:29 PM»
Quote from: "Moni"
Gonna send the e-mail at 7:00 tonight when I get home from work, because I only have ten minutes to get ready and no time to send it to them, but I did contact a guardian/leave Cironir a message ingame/a PM to boot ... hopefully he doesn't kill me for tormenting him.

Also, she wanted a 2 year phoenix/gryffe, which is like $40-ish if I remember correctly? I've seen used classics go for $50 all the time, so I didn't question that part.

yeah, im not questioning the classics price but..
it was ported, had a ferian, and other stuff, not just life classics.
i'd imagine the going price would be higher than $50.

i sold my 2yr phoe for $30 personally, and my 2yr dragon was going for $25 because i'm cheap like that.
but 30-40ish is about right, and still low.
i wouldn't have trusted that.

Moni

• Topic Author
«Reply #9: August 25, 2007, 12:28:43 PM»
It was ported twice with two questionable ports that they claimed to have "found", so I figured them to be a poor little kid that uploaded art without realizing the penalty for it (I know I did it a long time ago). When I did it and got yelled at, I wanted rid of the alt as soon as possible, so I guessed they were going through the same thing. *shrug* Anyway, I got SS the same minute I got the alt (had digo market open and hit confirm), and then cleared the ports that instant and moved them, along with everything else on it with hopes of giving the actual alt, Swaki, back, since I told them all I wanted was the classics and maybe the spaces -  I considered the ferian an unwanted bonus, since I hate that thing.

*shrugs* I just wish they had asked me first, I would've gladly worked something out with this Kana-girl, but since I have to wake up to find that everything's gone and I get diddlyshit, it's a lot less satisfying. I've also heard that she doesn't even play anymore, which only adds to my suspicion that Liferz concocted the whole thing from the start, and is probably Kana's alt/knows her/helped plan this. ):

Offline Cironir

«Reply #10: August 25, 2007, 01:45:51 PM»
It's always good to discuss these matters on the FAM boards before even writing to the Guardians or speaking to me.

Kana SweetFur had her wings and a portrait space stolen by Club/Spyce/Liferz/Swaki. It is not a claim, it is a verified fact. Swaki was a throw-away alt. From Swaki they went to Kagome-chan. Portrait spaces have unique IDs, so there is no question that this wasn't your space, but the one stolen from Kana.

Let me be clear on something: I'm going to start to suspend people who access characters that they did not create and use a SS to transfer stolen items to themselves. It assists scammers and thieves and thus encourages scams and thefts. You have no business transferring any items from any characters that you did not create. It's also very dangerous, because the owner of the alt can report you for theft, and the server will back up that claim. Especially if a deal is unrealistically attractive and a player behaves suspiciously.

I know you, Moni, did not steal the items, but you could have guessed that the items were stolen. If *anyone* offers an entire character because items aren't transferable, and it's not even a player that is known by anyone, then it's reasonable to expect that people's alarm clocks go off. There is never a reason to log on other people's alts and transfer items that are on those characters.

Send me an email with info on the portrait spaces you paid. I would like exact dates, destination alts and target alts. I may be able to fetch those back. The transfer fee is the price for this lesson.

PS. Kana is the victim here. There is nothing to "work out" with her, and I suggest not to harass her. You made the deal with the thief, not with this player.

Offline anathema

«Reply #11: August 25, 2007, 02:09:09 PM»
Quote from: "Cironir"

Let me be clear on something: I'm going to start to suspend people who access characters that they did not create and use a SS to transfer stolen items to themselves.

pff, you already did that to me once, what do you mean "start" doing it now? ;p

Offline Cironir

«Reply #12: August 25, 2007, 02:29:15 PM»
Did I? :) I don't remember, because I don't normally do that if I am reasonably sure that the transferring person isn't the thief. If that can't be determined without doubt, I tend to freeze all involved characters to prevent further complications before a situation has been sorted out. In Moni's case I suspect that the thief already traded/transferred the portrait spaces by now (or rather: traded the alts), which adds complexity. Very little can't be traced, but additional "layers" contribute to how long it takes me to track everything. This, by the way, is why we added delays between portrait space transfers. Hunting down scales is particularly enjoyable if scammers or thieves split them up. (Increases the suspension.)

Offline Hugo

«Reply #13: August 25, 2007, 02:32:37 PM»
I think Moni assumes the best in people as do some other people on Furcadia. Just because someone transfers items off a new charcater they have received it does not mean they know the items are stolen. Digos do not come with name tags.

I think it is wrong to suspend people for things they cannot be aware of.

Offline anathema

«Reply #14: August 25, 2007, 02:56:51 PM»
Did I? :) I don't remember, because I don't normally do that if I am reasonably sure that the transferring person isn't the thief. If that can't be determined without doubt, I tend to freeze all involved characters to prevent further complications before a situation has been sorted out. In Moni's case I suspect that the thief already traded/transferred the portrait spaces by now (or rather: traded the alts), which adds complexity. Very little can't be traced, but additional "layers" contribute to how long it takes me to track everything. This, by the way, is why we added delays between portrait space transfers. Hunting down scales is particularly enjoyable if scammers or thieves split them up. (Increases the suspension.)

yeah, i dunno if you remember the whole dart300 thing, but you suspended morgan for a month when i didn't steal the name. you didn't suspend the real theif, though. lol. i never did get the 5 spaces that was scammed off me in the first place back, though. :L

edit: shit, i still have the logs from that transaction, even. haha.

Offline Cironir

«Reply #15: August 25, 2007, 03:11:55 PM»
Quote from: "Hugo"
I think Moni assumes the best in people as do some other people on Furcadia. Just because someone transfers items off a new charcater they have received it does not mean they know the items are stolen. Digos do not come with name tags. I think it is wrong to suspend people for things they cannot be aware of.

I don't feel that it's unreasonable to expect people to be a little careful. If someone who has never been seen around offers life items for an unusually low price and behaves suspiciously and impatient, even the most trusting person should stop and think. They should stop and think about the possible risks, and not only consider how unbelievably good a deal seems.

Our rules are clear: You cannot own a character that you did not create. It is in our user agreement. You can get suspended for simply logging on a character that you didn't create. Changing the password of a character that was created by someone else is worse, and taking their items leads almost always to a suspension from the game.

No, digo items don't have name tags (actually, they do, the first owner's name is attached to them and the server keeps track of their transfer history), but everyone knows what characters they have created. Don't transfer digos from characters that you didn't create, and you have nothing to worry about. Ask the other person to transfer the item, and if an item isn't ready, be patient or don't do the trade. If people don't agree to this, the caution was most likely justified. It's better to miss out on a trade than to get suspended or obtain a Guardian record.

Offline Havoc

«Reply #16: August 25, 2007, 08:21:40 PM»
A bit off topic, but Swaki's port in that screenshot is stolen from Akela Taka

-scampers off-

Moni

• Topic Author
«Reply #17: August 25, 2007, 09:39:04 PM»
I'm sorry, everyone, I didn't mean for this to become such a massive drama train - I just really wanted my life classics back (something I've pretty much given up all hope of, now).

I also didn't mean to point fingers, I was just a little angry that I wake up with nothing and wind up at the butt of the blame when I have no idea who Kana Sweetfur is or how it is her digos were stolen, but I had just wrongly assumed they were mine when I paid. Sorry.

This can be locked or deleted - I feel dumb enough as it is. ):

Offline shelburne

«Reply #18: August 29, 2007, 08:21:38 AM»

Our rules are clear: You cannot own a character that you did not create. It is in our user agreement. You can get suspended for simply logging on a character that you didn't create. Changing the password of a character that was created by someone else is worse, and taking their items leads almost always to a suspension from the game.

lol there goes half of your beekin force if you actually hold up to that rule and suspend people who log into alts that arent theirs.  :roll:
http://altmarket.net/index.php?topic=20789.0 nice alts for cheap ok promise

Offline Cironir

«Reply #19: August 29, 2007, 08:49:48 AM»
If the creators of the characters reported them for theft, that is what would happen. We don't monitor alt sharing or trading. It requires a report for us to look into something. Quite a few Beekins had their badges removed for putting them on characters that they didn't create, by the way. But, as I said, that only happens if there is a report from the character's creator or if the server notices irregularities (i.e. the characters of a player that is considered their owner having more than two badges).

Offline Zodiac

«Reply #20: August 29, 2007, 12:25:58 PM»
So is this considered solved or no? Moni did you get back what you paid, or?

Offline ali

«Reply #21: August 29, 2007, 12:39:26 PM»
I don't think it's solved, but she said it could be deleted and locked?

Offline Cironir

«Reply #22: August 29, 2007, 12:43:47 PM»
It is solved. Moni got her spaces back, the scammer/thief was suspended, and I also reversed all follow-up trades that I'm aware of. (If anyone else was affected by this and has not gotten their stuff back, please talk to me in the game, but I covered all first and second layer follow-up trades.)