supersaver

Author Topic: Photobucket blocking images  (Read 133 times)

Offline Marve

Photobucket blocking images
«: July 26, 2017, 06:29:18 PM»
So I have noticed that as of today, anyone who is using photobucket to show designs or ports, that it's showing up to me like this

It seems photobucket has changed it's policy so that now you have to pay to view images from other people. I don't really wish to pay for photobucket to see pictures online so I'll be sticking with good old imgur.

Just a heads up to other people in case anyone else is encountering this.

Offline Zim

Re: Photobucket blocking images
«Reply #1: July 26, 2017, 11:02:50 PM»
Thanks for the heads-up! I noticed it myself and had to re-host my sig, but I completely overlooked posting about it.

Imgur is a good alternative, though there are plenty of others (such as Tinypic) if you don't like it! Just make sure that wherever you're hosting allows hotlinking, so you don't end up with something like that blocking.

I'm only mean out of necessity.

Offline Sapphirus

«Reply #2: July 26, 2017, 11:51:08 PM»
Yeah, it's also best download your albums from it too and save all your stuff, before it gets worse of more stupid policies. As I was advised since what they're charging for you to show images is expensive, I think 400$ annual fee? Correct me if im wrong. Photobucket's got worse over the years in general, resizing pics smaller, so I lost some memorable images because of it. Imgur is my fav now over it tinypic, since one you can upload NSFW privately and can link, and not get it taken down since it's not community public, and one possibly removes it. Both are still more effective than PB is, so yeah. =)

(Sorry if this is an admin responding area only, just mentioning. >.<)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 11:53:33 PM by Sapphirus »
IGNIS! COMING UP WITH YOUR DAILY RECIPEHS AND KICKING ASS THE SAME TIME!
Furcadia contacts: Sapphirus/Ignis Scientia/Chuck Norris

Offline Mayim

«Reply #3: July 27, 2017, 11:03:51 AM»
Tacking onto this-- Tinypic is owned by Photobucket, hence TP has also been changing over the years. Imgur remains a good source for hosting, and allows not only various privacy settings but allows direct linking (aka hotlinking).

Offline Zim

«Reply #4: July 27, 2017, 12:02:27 PM»
Tacking onto this-- Tinypic is owned by Photobucket, hence TP has also been changing over the years. Imgur remains a good source for hosting, and allows not only various privacy settings but allows direct linking (aka hotlinking).

... and also folders like PB had, if you have an account, so you can keep your stuff organized!

I'm only mean out of necessity.

Offline Walter

«Reply #5: July 27, 2017, 03:10:16 PM»
If you're not a fan of any of the above, there are lots of other free services for image hosting. You can evaluate the perks and benefits of these sites here, as well as make decisions based on the drawbacks of what each site has to offer.

https://www.lifewire.com/free-image-hosting-sites-3486329

This article covers 12 different free image hosting sites. Depending on which sites may or may not be to your liking, there are plenty of options available on the worldwide web for you to host images if photobucket and tinypic aren't preferable options.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 03:11:53 PM by Walter »

Offline Sapphirus

«Reply #6: July 27, 2017, 03:56:56 PM»
I noticed, when trying to download my other albums, I get errors on photobucket today, hope they're not trying to lowkey lock ppl out of getting their images also. Was able to get my biggest album downloaded, but that was weeks ago. Anyone else having issues?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 04:08:53 PM by Sapphirus »
IGNIS! COMING UP WITH YOUR DAILY RECIPEHS AND KICKING ASS THE SAME TIME!
Furcadia contacts: Sapphirus/Ignis Scientia/Chuck Norris