supersaver

Author Topic: Changes to the Finished Thread Policy  (Read 155 times)

Offline Zim

Changes to the Finished Thread Policy
«: October 18, 2016, 04:34:15 PM»
Hello FAM!

For a long time, we've asked that users change their thread titles to "delete" when you're ready to have them removed. We have also asked that users do not use the phrase "don't delete" in their titles or post bodies, because we do not ever delete threads we are not asked to, and it messes up our searches when we go through to prune old threads.

However, despite all our requests and title changes, we have had many users continue to use "don't delete" or "remove" (the latter instead of using 'delete').

Because of this, we will now be removing ANY thread with "delete" in the title, regardless of what else is present. Please take the time to change your threads to an appropriate title to avoid getting caught up in the sweeps. We will allow for a few days for users to get their things in order before we start running sweeps again.

Alternatively, mods can be PMed directly for thread removals.

tl;dr:

- Mods will NEVER delete a thread unless we're asked to.
- We will be deleting ANY thread with "delete" in the title from now on, including "don't delete" because they are messing with our searches.
- Threads with "remove" in the titles will likely get overlooked and not deleted unless we see them during regular thread browsing, and we will not be filtering for this anymore.
- If any of the above will be an issue, please take the time to change your thread titles/post bodies so they don't get swept up or overlooked when we start doing sweeps again.

We will give users about a week to fix things up before we go back to sweeps.

I'm only mean out of necessity.

Offline Raigne

Re: Changes to the Finished Thread Policy
«Reply #1: October 22, 2016, 06:53:24 PM»
I noticed while looking through them, the rules posted at the top of both junkyard forums actually tell you to put "Please Remove" or something similar in the thread title if it's finished and no longer needs to remain in the forum. Perhaps it should be changed in the stickies?

Offline Zim

«Reply #2: October 22, 2016, 07:50:42 PM»
I noticed while looking through them, the rules posted at the top of both junkyard forums actually tell you to put "Please Remove" or something similar in the thread title if it's finished and no longer needs to remain in the forum. Perhaps it should be changed in the stickies?

You're right! I completely missed them! I will be changing it to reflect this. Thanks!

Offline Hayden

«Reply #3: October 22, 2016, 07:53:19 PM»
That's the problem with hiring irkens, you see, they gum up the gears and all that...

Offline Zim

«Reply #4: October 22, 2016, 11:10:29 PM»
That's the problem with hiring irkens, you see, they gum up the gears and all that...