supersaver

Author Topic: Trading alts in the new second dreaming.  (Read 136 times)

Offline Skywalker

Trading alts in the new second dreaming.
«: August 19, 2016, 05:10:28 PM»
I don't know if I'm posting the wrong section or if maybe I'm just missing the obvious but how are we going to trade alts with the new second dreaming model? We no longer have to type in unique passwords as far as I can see. To create a new character I have to log into my actual furc account, so any ideas? Maybe some of you have already traded and if so how did you do it?

Offline Captor

Re: Trading alts in the new second dreaming.
«Reply #1: August 19, 2016, 05:50:08 PM»
INI files still exist, which is what I've been using. Once you download the INI file and place it in the character folder you can choose "Log in with .INI" from the new menu!

For characters without INI files, the seller could change the alt's email to the buyers, which would trade the alt over.
Contact|| Sollux & Latias ||

Offline Kono

«Reply #2: August 19, 2016, 10:31:56 PM»
Even for alts that do not have INIs because they were made with the new web/account based character creation process, you should be able to create an .INI using the Change Lost Password page and then the .INI Retrieval page. The setemail command works as usual for pulling it off of your account e-mail before giving it to a buyer. Then of course there's the character import tool for them to get the character fully onto their own account.

This is all temporary, of course. Eventually .INIs won't be a thing, but hopefully by then we have other, supported ways of handling things.

Offline Monster

«Reply #3: August 20, 2016, 10:41:47 AM»
You can still change the passwords for separate .ini files even with the new client. All you have to is go here and do the usual thing. Then you go to the .ini file and put in the new password in the password section and hit save. But make sure you've changed the email to ensure whomever you bought the alt from doesn't get the changed password email. From then on the client should recognize the new password on the separate .ini file and you should only be able to download it with the new one.

So far I've not encountered an alt that can't be retrieved as an .ini file, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem getting one from a recently made alt that's been sold.