supersaver

Author Topic: Issue when Posting  (Read 183 times)

Offline Shailyn

Issue when Posting
«: January 25, 2016, 06:08:07 PM»
Hey, finally found where to post this, hehe.
Anyways, when I go to make a new post, my attempts at using the buttons above all fail (eg. underline, bold, strikethrough, sub, etc). Not sure if it's just me or if others are affected by this as well. I'm using Edge on a Win 10 laptop, haven't tried using the old IE or my phone or anything yet.
Would prefer if could get this fixed on here as my laptop is my main source.
Thanks!

Offline Scandinavia

Re: Issue when Posting
«Reply #1: January 25, 2016, 07:11:11 PM»
I have this problem as well.

:EDIT: I use the same browser she does as I have windows 10, but it doesn't work on internet explorer either.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 07:29:22 PM by Shika »

Offline RIKKI

«Reply #2: January 25, 2016, 07:18:54 PM»
Shika, Shailyn gave details on their browser use.

Can you provide anything to that extent if you're experiencing the same issue?

Have either of you attempted to see if this is affecting all/any alternative web browsers?

Offline Zim

«Reply #3: January 25, 2016, 07:21:18 PM»
Have you tried:

- Using keyboard shortcuts? (highlight and press ctrl+b for bold, ctrl+u for underline, ctrl+i for italic)
- Using the actual bbcode to perform these commands?

Code: [Select]
[b]text[/b]
[i]text[/i]
[u]text[/u]
[s]test[/u]

- Seeing if using a different browser fixes it? Edge is still new and it's entirely possible that SMF does not support it. Edge is also just a rebranded IE, so it's likely buggy as hell.
- Disabling addons? (sometimes addons clash with buttons on webpages)

BBCode will also break if you're using too much of it.

I cannot find any other instances besides here where this is a known bug.

If none of these work, I can see if I can get in touch with Narnia, since he's the one who handles the back end of things.

@Shika: What browser are you using?

I'm only mean out of necessity.

Offline Shailyn

«Reply #4: January 25, 2016, 07:21:53 PM»
I haven't yet, but I'll keep you posted when I use another browser / device to post something.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Offline Shailyn

«Reply #5: January 25, 2016, 07:39:47 PM»
It probably doesn't work for Internet Explorer for me either then. Could be a windows 10 thing?

Offline Zim

«Reply #6: January 25, 2016, 07:50:37 PM»
I doubt it. I use 10 and the buttons work fine for me in Firefox. Try something that Microsoft didn't make? They don't really have the best track record with browsers.

Offline Shailyn

«Reply #7: January 25, 2016, 10:30:34 PM»
I'll try Firefox and Mozilla tomorrow as well as my old Internet Explorer. I don't recall having this issue in earlier pcs and I've always been a Microsoft-er-y person , hehe. I'll keep you posted. Until then hope all have a goodnight. #SA On a side note,  I'm currently accessing the forum from my phone on the tapatalk app. So far I haven't found a way to re edit my posts from the app (otherwise I would have tried to use the code while on my phone). If anyone has any idea as to whether there is an option to edit posts or not on the mobile app would be greatly appreciated as I have not come across it yet. Again thanks and night!

Offline Shailyn

«Reply #8: January 26, 2016, 09:06:35 AM»
I am able to use the codes on the old Internet Explorer with Win 10.
Problem persists with Edge.

Offline Zim

«Reply #9: January 26, 2016, 12:05:51 PM»
It's most likely a problem with Edge, I think. Their compatibility mode is pretty terrible and buggy as hell. If it is them, there's nothing we can do about it; it's something Microsoft has to fix.