supersaver

Author Topic: At risk of banning.. Ad posting unsupported!  (Read 7073 times)

Offline Zodiac

At risk of banning.. Ad posting unsupported!
«: July 30, 2007, 09:00:26 PM»
As always, there is an unwanted amount of ads being posted in AI these days. Many people are getting entirely sick of it, as are we here at FAM getting sick of it damaging the reputation we try so hard to keep a good one.

As said many a time in the past, if you have alts for sale as a member of FAM, you get PLENTY of traffic from the active alt traders here on the site, and barraging others who are probably not interested in alt trading is mostly unnecessary. Nine times out of ten, you are offending or annoying the people you are posting the ads to, thusly defeating the purpose of making them want to speak with you about your sales.

The time has come, where FAM Staff will no longer stand for it. We do not like to see our members causing unwanted grief in the FAM or Furcadia community, and from now on we will be doing what we can to take part in stopping the annoyances.

It will be left up to the individual staff member how each situation will be dealt. If you are posting trade ads of ANY kind as a FAM member (alts, art, digos), and you are caught by staff, you will be dealt with. This could mean a warning, or it could mean your account being frozen from activity. Because obviously, if you are posting ads in AI, FAM must have no use for you.

So, for those of you who actually read this, spread the word to your friends who won't, because this starts now.

Thank you for your time and cooperation, hopefully, this will help to make the public maps of Furcadia a better place.

Possible consequences:
Freezing of your FAM account
Banning of your FAM account
Deletion of your alt threads
Deletion of your digo threads
Deletion of your art threads

Note: Keeping a link in your description is ok, as is linking to your friends in the line of conversaton. Going on a map and posting "_____ IS FOR SALE!!!" is not.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 08:54:47 PM by Turquoise »

Offline anathema

«Reply #1: July 30, 2007, 11:28:25 PM»
yeah, really. just shove it in your desc and sit in ai with obnoxious colors if you really need to. :/ lots of people are bound to click and you're not involuntarily flooding their screen every minute.

Erde

«Reply #2: July 30, 2007, 11:31:50 PM»
hopefully this will make AI a bit nicer of a place seeing as all i EVER see when i got there is SELLING THIS THAT AND ANOTHER THING!!! all over the damn place.

Varick

«Reply #3: July 31, 2007, 10:51:48 AM»
P.S.  If you don't think we're serious about this, ask Survivor (Aka, Orphan).

It's sad when you warn someone about what can happen, giving them a second chance.. and then they do it again ):

Offline Narnia

"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Alt Market, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Edward

«Reply #5: July 31, 2007, 03:38:54 PM»
wow. super! finally something being done about the constant spam in ai. i get tons of it from just where i sit; spam of almost every time, and its the most annoying crap when it's flooding your screen. i agree with morg fully. just stuff whatever it is you're trying to sell into your desc with some bright ass acid looking colors and you're bound to attract almost anyone. people don't need to be obnoxious and flood ai with all these stupid advertisements.

Creative

«Reply #6: July 31, 2007, 04:36:30 PM»
You guys act as if this is an original idea. I tried this a while back and people complained...

Offline Narnia

«Reply #7: July 31, 2007, 04:38:07 PM»
I certainly never complained, because I <3 bans.
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Alt Market, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Edward

«Reply #8: July 31, 2007, 04:46:00 PM»
really, spy? because i don't recall this ever being done before; but of course i have a shitty ass memory. either way however, i am in full support of the idea. x3

Offline Kiwi

«Reply #9: August 01, 2007, 02:00:36 AM»
Quote from: "Creative"
You guys act as if this is an original idea. I tried this a while back and people complained...

We didn't try, we did do it. But we were soft-hearted and let people back on FAM soon after punishment or let them have too many chances.
Furcadia Contacts: Kiwi                                                
Contactable for any reason.
FAQ

Offline Miao

«Reply #10: August 19, 2007, 05:24:48 AM»
Is this for spamming of any kind, or just spamming that involves a link that redirects back to FAM?

If it's any spam at all that's kind of strict. I mean, SPAM is no good anywhere. But abiding by the rules on advertisements in AI and everything, I don't see a problem with it if it doesn't involve FAM at all.
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/8792/togepiesscopyee8.png[/img]

Back at furc a bit.

Some people might remember me by Bubble/Nani 3-4 years ago ^_^ Use to make ports as well.

Offline Narnia

«Reply #11: August 19, 2007, 09:02:23 AM»
If you are a member of FAM, then any alt trading related spam is unacceptable. If it is not alt trading related spam, then we don't regulate it.

Offline Zodiac

«Reply #12: October 27, 2007, 09:48:34 PM»
Alt trading or digo trading, trading of any kind that is done on FAM.

This has been out of hand today.

Offline Miao

«Reply #13: October 28, 2007, 11:49:15 AM»
I don't think it's a very fair to say 'YOU CAN ONLY USE FAM AS YOUR ONLY SOURCE'. If it's for alt trading, then yes I can see that. People who want to sell alts will obviously come to the community where it is allowed and accepted and no one has an issue with it. But if you bring any other type of trading in there, that isn't fair at all. :/ Like digo trading. People don't sign up for alt market just to digo trade. They sign up for alt market to sell alts, and maybe sell digos in the process.

Whenever I had digos there were plenty of times where I found sellers that weren't using FAM and I would have never sold them if I hadn't of advertised. Like I said though, I can understand alt trading. Obviously if someone doesn't use FAM it is either because they are new and haven't discovered it yet, have been banned or something, or because they don't alt trade. And there are quite a few number of people who don't alt trade, don't like it, and don't want to see anything related to it. But everybody trades digos. :/

I don't know I hope I got my point across. probably not. ._. I just think it'd get kind of ridiculous if you guys monitored anything other than alt trading.
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/8792/togepiesscopyee8.png[/img]

Back at furc a bit.

Some people might remember me by Bubble/Nani 3-4 years ago ^_^ Use to make ports as well.

Offline Zodiac

«Reply #14: October 28, 2007, 11:58:53 AM»
Quote from: "Aerie"
I don't think it's a very fair to say 'YOU CAN ONLY USE FAM AS YOUR ONLY SOURCE'. If it's for alt trading, then yes I can see that. People who want to sell alts will obviously come to the community where it is allowed and accepted and no one has an issue with it. But if you bring any other type of trading in there, that isn't fair at all. :/ Like digo trading. People don't sign up for alt market just to digo trade. They sign up for alt market to sell alts, and maybe sell digos in the process.

Whenever I had digos there were plenty of times where I found sellers that weren't using FAM and I would have never sold them if I hadn't of advertised. Like I said though, I can understand alt trading. Obviously if someone doesn't use FAM it is either because they are new and haven't discovered it yet, have been banned or something, or because they don't alt trade. And there are quite a few number of people who don't alt trade, don't like it, and don't want to see anything related to it. But everybody trades digos. :/

I don't know I hope I got my point across. probably not. ._. I just think it'd get kind of ridiculous if you guys monitored anything other than alt trading.

There are a lot of people who sign up for FAM for Digo Selling, or even only for selling their Art. We have a good portion of people who don't even have alts listed, but stay in the Digo forum. We can't have a rule that says "You can't post ALT ads as a member, but all you people who are on here for digos only can do whatever you want." It wouldn't be fair to the people who are only here for alts.

Offline Pokemon

«Reply #15: October 28, 2007, 12:47:32 PM»
So if we use FAM we can ONLY do trading via fam? That's kinda BS if true. Understand alts, but anything else thats really stupid.

Offline kotzen

«Reply #16: October 28, 2007, 01:08:41 PM»
Quote from: "Pokemon"
So if we use FAM we can ONLY do trading via fam? That's kinda BS if true. Understand alts, but anything else thats really stupid.

no, this just applies to spamming ads. i don't see how that's an unfair rule since it doesn't bar you from doing a deal with anyone, or even putting an advertisement in your desc. when was the last time that spamming ads got you anything but the ignore function? and in my opinion, if you can't restrain yourself enough to be patient, you can sell your alts and digos without fam's help.

Offline Mau

«Reply #17: October 28, 2007, 01:28:53 PM»
if i see someone spamming their little four paragraph 'commission me/buy my alts/buy my digos' spiel, i just ignore it.

where else are people really going to check? sure you may get the occasional random person who doesn't use FAM, but for that there's always the forums (just keep your alts off of there). the forums, if not FAM, should be more-than-adequate for you to peddle off your art or digos.

if someone wants to buy alts, they come to FAM. you're not losing any real, legitimate profit by not spamming your mile-long list everywhere. :roll:

Offline Zodiac

«Reply #18: October 28, 2007, 01:55:50 PM»
Quote from: "Pokemon"

Its not ONLY trading via FAM. You can trade anywhere you want to. We just don't want people sitting in AI who use our site going:

Alt: I am for sale!
Alt: Digos for sale!
Alt: This is going to be a really bg long paragraph full of al bunch of alts and digos and bold letters and links they are all for sale!

Over and over and over. Even if its within Furcadia's alloted limits, its still annoying to most people who sit in AI. Not only do people put them on ignore, then people look back at them and get down on US because FAM has pretty much become where people go to do trades.

Like I said, we have enough people here who are here for things that are anything but alts (Art, Digos, Gaia sales) that it would be unfair of us to tell all the Alt Traders that they can't post their alt ads, but all the Digo Trading members can post their ads if they want to.

The rules have been made so that you can still get your advertising done in AI, unintrusively, like I said. Sitting an alt in AI with all the information in the desc and NOT spamming it like an ad is fine. Did you ever think that people might recieve your sales better if you didn't shove it in their face going BUY ME! BUY ME! Tons of people lok at the links you post in desc's, I get whispers about mine all the time.

Offline Narnia

«Reply #19: October 28, 2007, 05:03:43 PM»
We aren't saying this is your only forum for selling items. What we are saying is that FAM, like DEP, does not appreciate the spam for selling any items, especially when selling items for things outside of the game (e.g., paypal). We here at FAM have always been against any form of spam for the selling of any items or alts. Spamming the main maps is inconsiderate especially since FAM and DEP have both provided alternate means to sell your items. Reputable buyers looking for digos frequent both the Furcadia and FAM forums in search of such things. Spamming the main maps is not only rude and incosiderate, but encourages a higher degree of risk.

We do not prohibit placing ads in your description. We do not prohibit making websites and handing it out to interested parties. We do prohibit spam. Our definition of spam is not the same as DEPs. Advertising spam for digos and alts is considered the unsolicited posting of any information referencing the selling or trading of alts or digos. If no one asked for it, we don't want to hear about it.

If you have a question about our policy, I would not only ask, but encourage you to contact me directly about it.

Regime

«Reply #20: November 16, 2007, 05:49:13 AM»
there should be some sort of channel sort of like shouts that allows people to advertise, and other people to just flip on the channel and listen to advertisements if they please, seperate from the mainstream convo.

Offline Kiwi

«Reply #21: November 16, 2007, 09:49:50 AM»
Quote from: "Kickass"
there should be some sort of channel sort of like shouts that allows people to advertise, and other people to just flip on the channel and listen to advertisements if they please, seperate from the mainstream convo.

I think this would be a great suggestion to make when trading is supported.
Furcadia Contacts: Kiwi                                                
Contactable for any reason.
FAQ

Offline ADALEINE

«Reply #22: January 15, 2008, 04:44:11 AM»
Yeah, I remember this back when I was FAM staff, or right after I was, dunno. I wish it was really put into effect, would be nice.

I wish Furcadia had a rule like this. If you spam advertisements, period, you should be booted or warned. I don't want to go to any part of Furcadia and see 'I GOTS A DIGO 4 U BUY BUY BUY'. Put it up on the forums (fam or furcadia), because I'd rather buy from someone who posted it on there then some spammer in AI.

About a separate alt channel.. Eeeh, I wouldn't listen to it. It'd just be spammed with the same things over and over, and there would probably be arguments that break out over it, blah blah, probably turn into a separate chat all together. Then, some people might not even bother using it. What about them?

I'm always going to believe that if someone wants your alt, they'll come find it. Stop spamming your shit in AI. Stop making alts in order to just fucking sell them, too. "i just mayd aiai lolz im gona sel it for 3 gd". That's just pathetic to me. Let it expire if you can't sell it, or just don't even make it.

</off-topic rambling>

Offline ADALEINE

«Reply #23: January 15, 2008, 04:46:30 AM»
Since I can't edit:

I'm not discouraging the alt channel idea. Sorry if I said something that might seem like it. I just don't think it'll turn out how anyone expects. Things like that never do. (Coughwyldcough)

Offline Kata

«Reply #24: March 24, 2008, 02:09:34 PM»
I love FAM, and really appreciate it's help in selling digos! (it's much nicer than Furcadia Forums anyway in that you can see new posts, watch posts, etc) And though I know I won't change anything, I just don't really support this Idea.
Yes, it may be annoying to see those things in AI, but truth is, Furcadia has designated that area as a place where people can advertise. . . where most of furcadia you're not allowed to do so. I figure if there's a huge problem with it it should be brought up with furcadia. . . I just don't think it's fair to tell your members that they aren't allowed to do something in furcadia, when furcadia itself says it's fine. . .

Anyway that's just how I feel ^.^;;