supersaver

Author Topic: Neopoints As Payment?  (Read 215 times)

Offline hieco

Neopoints As Payment?
«: March 08, 2015, 06:06:55 PM»
Does anyone still take Neopoints as payment? I don't really play any more but I don't want all the points to go to waste.

I'm interested in either art or digos.

I don't really want to type out a huge list of things I want to buy if no one wants Neopoints, so if you do let me know and I'll check out what you have and we can go from there.

Offline RIKKI

Re: Neopoints As Payment?
«Reply #1: March 08, 2015, 08:53:44 PM»
If you're looking to buy art, you cannot make any sort of advertisement here.
FAM is for game-related sales, and FAZ is for art-related wares.

And in general, you need to take into account how many neopoints you're offering, to garner any sort of interest. So while you seem to have good intentions, you'll catch more interest with specifics on the transaction, honestly.

With any game site like that, the currency has a tendency to fluctuate, so you see some people selling things for Gaia Online as an example, and because of a recent mass inflation, people who have about 25k in gold and other items that barely round to 1m, its actually not worth a literal dime.

Anything below a billion gold isn't really worth anything.

Neopets hasn't ever been THAT out of hand, but having conversion rates for the dollar to neopoint sum helps getting interest.

Offline hieco

«Reply #2: March 08, 2015, 11:04:20 PM»
Alright. I was also looking for digos so I figured I'd just post it here, I don't have any specific ones in mind, they've released so many lately I don't even know half of them. It seems like every day I see a new one I didn't know existed.

As far as conversion rates go, I honestly have no idea. I did a search, but the last time anyone was selling Neopoints was like, 3 years ago so I have no idea if the exchange rate would still be the same or if its gone up/down since then. In 2012 they were doing $1 for 150k.

As far as amount, I have about 4 million points, and then another ~5-6 million in items if I need more.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 11:06:49 PM by hieco »

Offline Margaery

«Reply #3: March 09, 2015, 08:52:13 AM»
I made an attempt about six months ago to buy neopoints and found two people who were willing to sell at a conversion rate of 1mil=$1. A few years ago I was selling them for 250k=$1 but I believe the decrease in traffic here has made the conversion rate change.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 03:04:36 PM by Margaery »

supersaver