supersaver

Author Topic: Names Changes - Permanent Rule Change  (Read 955 times)

Offline Zim

Names Changes - Permanent Rule Change
«: August 21, 2014, 03:01:26 PM»
Since people continued to ignore our last announcement regarding excessive name changes (which can bring about confusion to both members and staff, as it can cause confusion regarding things like sales and trades), we have been forced to implement it as a proper rule, rather than a friendly request.

Effective immediately, if we notice a user changing their name more frequently than they probably should, we will send a warning to let you know that it's time to ease up. Ignoring of this warning will result in the user losing their rights to alter their account settings at all. Note that this does not apply to once in a while changes; only those that happen nearly weekly. Standard name changes are still perfectly fine and will not get you in trouble, so don't worry about that!

We're sorry it had to come to this, but some people abusing the system really can ruin it for everyone else. If anyone needs any further information, we have a thread regarding the initial request here. Moderators are also happy to answer any questions regarding this change.

I'm only mean out of necessity.

Offline Azkai

Re: Names Changes - Permanent Rule Change
«Reply #1: September 18, 2014, 03:13:30 PM»
Is there an amount of days One needs to wait to change their name in order to be in the clear? Might assist in clearing up any 'grey area' :)

Offline RIKKI

«Reply #2: September 18, 2014, 03:42:04 PM»
At the moment we have no determined period of time one must wait to change their name.

The rule itself was brought up due to users who had a habit of changing their names so frequently, it ranged from a daily to weekly basis.

Moderators are able to see these namechanges, and if we see excessive activity, you will be notified by us via PM, asking you to refrain from doing so.

If you've had an established name for several years and are looking to change to something much more current, to reflect on a new main or a main you've had for a while but couldn't be bothered til now, it's not a problem.

If you don't mesh with that name and there's something 'better' around, I would say it would be appropriate to wait at least a month before changing it, or just ask a moderator if its okay or not.

Offline Lilly

«Reply #3: September 24, 2014, 07:06:34 PM»
Well I'm curious about it... considering I changed from Takoyaki to Scootaloo a few months ago. I want to switch back to Takoyaki sometime soon. Is that alright or should I wait a bit longer?

Offline RIKKI

«Reply #4: September 24, 2014, 07:24:07 PM»
You'd be in the clear to go back to your old handle since your last change was a few months back.