supersaver

Author Topic: Corpsman, Gravedust, Mym, etc. stolen!  (Read 1070 times)

Offline Malikyte

Corpsman, Gravedust, Mym, etc. stolen!
«: June 24, 2014, 10:18:48 PM»
As the topic says, I recently had several alts stolen. If you see anyone using them or trying to sell them, please notify me immediately with as much information as possible.

Stolen alts:
Corpsman
Gravedust
Kapitán  (Shows up as Kapit├ín in-game)
Longbow
Letum
Machka
Mym
Pripyat
Vivuli

Offline RIKKI

Re: Corpsman, Gravedust, Mym, etc. stolen!
«Reply #1: June 24, 2014, 11:01:44 PM»
Before you continue further with claims of theft, we cannot help you here directly.

All we can offer here are the following resources:
http://altmarket.net/index.php?topic=61523.0

Did you actually read any of this before making a thread here?

Offline Malikyte

«Reply #2: June 25, 2014, 01:04:20 AM»
Yes, I'm aware you can't do anything about it. Note all I'm asking is for people to keep an eye out and let me know if they see someone trying to peddle these alts. I have already contacted the Guardians and sent in a support ticket, in the meantime any information about who may have these stolen alts would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Zim

«Reply #3: June 25, 2014, 01:10:58 AM»
Did you read the link Gaga posted?

The chances of these alts being hacked are pretty slim. Are you sure they didn't expire? Did anyone else have access to the characters or your computer?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 01:13:37 AM by Zim »

I'm only mean out of necessity.

Offline Malikyte

«Reply #4: June 25, 2014, 01:12:53 AM»
Yes, I did read, and I wouldn't be sitting here posting about it or going through the effort of getting in touch with Guardians/Support if they had expired. Last time I checked, alts with ports and lifer digos don't expire.

I'm not asking anyone to go on a personal crusade to retrieve these alts and hand them to me on a silver platter. All I want is for anyone who knows something to get in touch with me.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 01:15:49 AM by Malikyte »

Offline RIKKI

«Reply #5: June 25, 2014, 01:15:26 AM»
We require users to clarify their situation in their first post before going off all willy-nilly claiming theft, especially since we can only offer you a platform to issue a warning.

As you have done so, however, we know nothing of your situation, therefore you were linked to our informational thread. Since you're someone entirely new to our forums, I would take a minute to sit back and read our rules to familiarize yourself with the site.

That way you don't have to have run-ins with us moderators very often, and you don't have to talk back when we're following our standard protocol for these situations that are out of our control. :)

Offline Zim

«Reply #6: June 25, 2014, 01:18:07 AM»
You've given us NO INFORMATION besides "they're gone," and continued to refuse to do so, so the natural assumption is that it's a misstep on your end.

- Did the alts have simple passwords?
- Do you share the alts? Do they alts share a pw with any shared alts? Does anyone else have access to your pc?
- Have you tried a password request?

The questions I asked are perfectly valid, and I was in no way being rude with you, so can the attitude. We're trying to HELP, because many of the times people think their alts are hacked turn out to be screwups on the owner's end. We're trying to help rule out any possibilities.

Offline Malikyte

«Reply #7: June 25, 2014, 01:22:35 AM»
I'm not stupid and I don't appreciate being treated as such. Again, I'm not expecting any of you to go out and find them for me and get them back. If I had any reason to suspect it was anything other than a theft, I would not be here right now.
Yes, the alts had simple-ish passwords and every alt on that list had the same password.
No, I do not share alts with anybody, nor does anyone have access to my computer. I live alone.
Yes, I have tried a password reset request, and no, the emails for them didn't go to any junk or spam folders - I checked. They didn't go to my email addresses at all. I checked every single email address I have access to. They're not there.

Offline Zim

«Reply #8: June 25, 2014, 01:26:19 AM»
I'm sorry that you feel our protocol (see: what we do when anyone makes the claim of hacking) makes it seem like we think you're stupid. That's not our intention. We're trying to cover all the bases, since again, you gave us nothing to go off of.

Offline RIKKI

«Reply #9: June 25, 2014, 01:28:07 AM»
At no point were you being called names, nor was anything implied to question your intelligence. You need to take a step back, relax and probably a breath or two.

We are only trying to assist you as much as we're able to with the resources we have on hand, there is absolutely no need for the attitude. We only want to be sure you've understood what to do when this sort of thing happens.

Situations like this are never easy to deal with, and as much as it hurts to take this in as a possibility, lost or otherwise 'hacked' names are typically the fault of the user for a misstep along the way that they cannot recall at first.

As long as you've contacted the guardians with all the information you have on your missing names, you just have to be patient.

However in the case of a name that you did not create, it is unlikely that it will be returned to you.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 01:31:32 AM by GAGA »

Offline Malikyte

«Reply #10: June 28, 2014, 03:05:34 PM»
Lock 'er down, got everything squared away now that I finally got an issue with the support ticket system resolved. Thanks to those who were keeping an eye out for those alts for me.