supersaver

Author Topic: Alert: Shantayz  (Read 2394 times)

Offline Kingfisher

Alert: Shantayz
«: April 06, 2014, 08:14:52 AM»
This is my first time posting an alert so i apologize if it's a little jumbled!

I was recently contacted on my thread by a user called Shantayz about my angel cat lifer and so i whispered them in game and was told that they'd been offered one for $30 unless I could offer lower. I thought nothing of this and simply declined until i noticed them saying on threads that the last angel cat had 'failed to go through' or something similar.

I contacted them again to see if they still wanted it and they kept it on hold all day telling me that their fiance would pay and then getting upset with me at times and then finally the next day I was told the fiance would not pay, so i started to grow a tad suspicious.

Though from what i've heard through the grape vine my story is by far the most mild, I've heard of ridiculously low offers etc, so I would honestly encourage anyone to come forward and offer their own experiences here in a calm and orderly fashion.

As far as i know no rules have been broken but It could be worth this post so that others do not have the same trouble. Hope this is alright folks!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 08:20:39 AM by Kingfisher »

Offline Gwynevere

Re: Alert: Shantayz
«Reply #1: April 06, 2014, 08:35:49 AM»
I've seen life angelcats go for anywhere from $30 - $50, so I wouldn't have considered the offer itself to be alarmingly suspicious.

Offline Dangerous Woman

«Reply #2: April 06, 2014, 08:57:53 AM»
I know Shantayz quite well, she often hangs around the dream I hang out in and I chat with her via whisper occasionally. She is quite nice.

I traded one my of AngelCat's to her the other day (April 4th) and that deal went perfectly smooth, and I went first, also.

She has been posting on multiple threads and has been offering quite low, but that doesn't make her suspicious. It is true that her fiancee is the one the pays for the items she buys on this game (According to her, which is believable.) and if he simply doesn't want to pay, that's that. It doesn't mean she's suspicious.

I reiterate: I made a rather large trade with her with an AngelCat of mine for a few of the lifers she offered me. Her lifers weren't transferable so she needed to purchase a SS transfer, so I waited a day for her to get the 10 GD she needed for that. I secure traded her the AngelCat via my alternate account and then she sent over the lifers. It went perfectly fine and I'm completely happy and not suspicious. Again, this was on April the 4th, 2014.

No need to worry.
Merrie Carrie Sherrie
Martha Maisy Helene
Katheryn

Offline Kingfisher

«Reply #3: April 06, 2014, 09:18:51 AM»
Thanks for your reply Sherra! I must stress i don't mean this as a personal attack but more a concern. I will give everyone a chance to come forward :)

Offline Lilly

«Reply #4: April 06, 2014, 11:15:52 AM»
She has bothered me for my Angelcat. But she seemed really suspicious, very obnoxious. So even if there was ONE successful trade, I still won't trust her, Kingfisher. If her "fiance" is her only source of income then that should send red flags immediately.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, her low rating on her feedback.. I read Harrison's post(The post below mine). She has a negative feedback for a failed transaction of some sort.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 06:46:18 PM by Takoyaki »

Offline Walter

«Reply #5: April 06, 2014, 02:20:04 PM»
A friend of mine (Delpha on FAM, Laxus Dreyar/Xavia on Furcadia) traded an expiring Quacken for a portspace.

Shantayz failed to give her side payment in exchange, AKA the space for the quacken, and did not seal the end of her bargain. When contacted about it, she is again, rude, and says to "give her more time".

I have dealt with her. She is really rude, obnoxious, and tried to retrieve DNB items from me, and lowballed miserably so.

While this is not pertaining of the topic to AngelCats, considering Shantayz has failed to give my friend Delpha her piece of the bargain and considering how long this "trade" happened ago, this could be considered a scam at this point and should be considered a red flag. However, this is all I know about that situation.

She also has an extremely low feedback rating on FAM. I'm pretty sure that's red flag enough.

Her mains, so far as I know, are Shantayz, Hiroshima Storm, and Forest Homes.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 10:37:35 PM by Harrison »

Offline Migoto

«Reply #6: April 06, 2014, 04:15:44 PM»
I'd like to add to this. The quacken is not the only actual scam she's pulled. She offered a flox for a furling that her friend faded art had. Well, her friend sent her the furling and she never sent the flox. Then she promised she would send it back, and when faded art contacted her for it a few days later, she got upset and made up a bunch of excuses, claiming that her friend died and that she didn't want to deal with it. With the help of the guardians, the furling was eventually returned.

I'd say be very cautious. She tries to buy digos at a super low price, just to resell them later at tenfold. I made the mistake of selling her my chitteren because I thought she wanted it for her alt, but that's another story.
Migoto  Kinook

Offline Lilly

«Reply #7: April 06, 2014, 06:46:50 PM»
I also noticed Harrison said that one of her alts is Forest Homes. That means another one of her alts is Sarah Flame. Sarah Flame has also harassed me and is extremely obnoxious. She wanted me to build a dream for her, she wanted the dream before payment and I straight up said no. I told her I would work on the dream but she isn't getting it til I get a payment. She threw her bullshit excuses in my face as to why she can't pay me right away. DO NOT FALL FOR SHANTAYZ'S CRAP. X___X

Offline Beef

«Reply #8: April 06, 2014, 06:54:00 PM»
shantayz and sarah flame aren't the same person though? sarah usually shares the bot of the dream (forest homes) with her staff from what i've seen
Joshy  /  Beef

buying / selling / alts / commissions

Offline Aiyame

«Reply #9: April 06, 2014, 06:55:06 PM»
I really do not think that Sarah Flame is Shantayz. I have known Sarah Flame for a long while now and she is vastly different than Shantayz. This is just my personal opinion from having known both of these individuals for a while.

If anything, no one should go attacking or flaming Sarah Flame without any sort of proof. I believe they are two completely different people.

Offline Walter

«Reply #10: April 06, 2014, 06:59:09 PM»
I really do not think that Sarah Flame is Shantayz. I have known Sarah Flame for a long while now and she is vastly different than Shantayz. This is just my personal opinion from having known both of these individuals for a while.

If anything, no one should go attacking or flaming Sarah Flame without any sort of proof. I believe they are two completely different people.
I can confirm this. The two users are not the same. Sarah Flame happens to be the co-owner for Forest Homes(iirc, they share the character). While the attack is not baseless, it is unwise to make assumptions.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 07:01:51 PM by Harrison »

Offline Kingfisher

«Reply #11: April 06, 2014, 07:01:43 PM»
Remember to keep it civil and relevant guys, Thanks so far to all those who have come forwards with helpful info.

Offline Zim

«Reply #12: April 06, 2014, 07:23:19 PM»
Please leave the moderating to the moderators.

I'm only mean out of necessity.

Offline RIKKI

«Reply #13: April 06, 2014, 08:22:23 PM»
Please do not delete your posts from this thread, regardless if your information is relevant or not, these threads and their content are never purged for archive and informational reasons.

Offline Ciciliya

«Reply #14: April 06, 2014, 10:49:40 PM»
Shantayz decided to whisper me...while I was asleep........waking up to this was...odd. haha.
04/06/14 22:01:01 shantayz: you can get ur quacken back when its transfereable until then i do not want you to contact me and i have reported the comments made on that thread to a guardian i wont be insulted like that so this is the last time you hear from me goodbye  (Offline message sent Apr 06, 06:21pm FST)
Can she even report me to a Guardian over this....?
bloop

Offline RIKKI

«Reply #15: April 06, 2014, 11:26:51 PM»
As Shantays has actually scammed users and I assume each person who's had an issue has a record of transactions /w her, I wouldn't be too worried about it.

The guardians cannot police what happens here on FAM, as none of this has transpired in-game, this so-call libel on her person is pretty much an invalid report.

Coming forward about a user who has stolen from you is not a bannable offense.

Offline Shantayz

«Reply #16: April 07, 2014, 12:23:22 PM»
im sorry if people thought i was scamming i didnt mean to make it out as if i was im returning the quacken

Offline Cironir

«Reply #17: April 11, 2014, 04:08:03 AM»
Quote from: GAGA
The guardians cannot police what happens here on FAM, as none of this has transpired in-game, this so-call libel on her person is pretty much an invalid report.

This is only partly correct. If a player is on the Silence Rule because of harassment, and the person continues the harassment outside of the game, we will take this into account and may suspend the harasser's access to the game. Posting whispers, without permission as was the case here, also violates Furcadia's rules. These violations don't impact FAM, since FAM isn't owned by DEP, but may nevertheless affect someone's access to Furcadia.

Whether this is harassment or not may be a different debate and not something I can answer here. I just wanted to clarify that it is not entirely correct that nothing that happens outside of Furcadia will have consequences in Furcadia.

As for Shantayz, we have not received any credible (backed up with evidence) reports about her scamming. (We don't consider reports posted here, only reports that are submitted through the proper channels.) There was one report from someone who wanted a gift back (described by themselves as a gift), and when I talked to Shantayz she volunteered to return it/something of equivalent value. She wasn't forced to do this.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 04:10:31 AM by Cironir »

supersaver