supersaver

Author Topic: Assamite stolen; Please Return.  (Read 940 times)

Offline Hushabye

Assamite stolen; Please Return.
«: February 20, 2014, 10:18:27 AM»
Many a year ago, I created the name Assamite, registered it here, and my computer passed away. (RIP) I couldn't get a new computer right away, let's face it; it costs a lot of money. And I am definately not rolling in the dough. So assuming the tag on the name would keep it active enough on my email, I went on getting a new system as soon as I could.
But when I went to sign on to Assamite, someone -took- it from me. And they now have me on ignore for politely asking for its return.
If anyone Knows this person, please have them contact me, as her rightful owner. I will not pay out the ass for the name I created and played. But it is extremely unnerving that I am on ignore for asking it's return.
Alts - Digos
Kodachi Ichimako: Trying to figure out Hush is like a slider puzzle. You end up figuring one thing out, just to completely jumble up an entirely different part. And no matter what part you figure out, you always end up screwing something else up.
Wicked: Holy jesus you're the Furcadian Sweeney Todd.

Offline Caroline

Re: Assamite stolen; Please Return.
«Reply #1: February 20, 2014, 10:28:54 AM»
Was the alt ported or did it have any lifers? This is the only way that the alt would not expire. Under many cases, alts with DESC tags or less than 5 GD have expired. It will not keep them from doing so.

If that is the case, and the alt did expire, then the current owner has no obligation to return it to you, and may ignore you if that please. For all you know, it could be their main / or fursona or persona character that thy do not plan on giving up.

Offline Walter

«Reply #2: February 20, 2014, 01:07:07 PM»
Was the alt ported or did it have any lifers? This is the only way that the alt would not expire. Under many cases, alts with DESC tags or less than 5 GD have expired. It will not keep them from doing so.

If that is the case, and the alt did expire, then the current owner has no obligation to return it to you, and may ignore you if that please. For all you know, it could be their main / or fursona or persona character that thy do not plan on giving up.
^this.

Assamite was sold a few months ago by Corvus. Also, I have seen Assamite once in a blue moon, going from dream to dream, ported (and I believe with lifers). Based on this information, I will assume Assamite is DNB.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 01:10:46 PM by Juan »

Offline Zim

«Reply #3: February 20, 2014, 01:35:24 PM»
Moved to a more appropriate forum.

Also going to be locking this, since everyone else has said everything that needs to be said. Unless it's an expensive desctag, destags shouldn't keep a character from expiring.

However, if you happen to get positive proof that it WAS stolen, I will unlock this.

I'm only mean out of necessity.

Offline Cadaver

«Reply #4: February 20, 2014, 01:55:53 PM»
Actually, if I recall correctly, you need to have at least 10 GD or the equivalent on an alt. A portrait space or life digo should do it. If I remember right, no desctag will keep your alt from expiring, though I could be wrong with angelcat/direhound desctags. I'm not entirely sure there.
EDIT: Maybe the heartbonding/pawfasting/blood bond desctags, since they're so expensive? I'll have to look this up.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 01:59:27 PM by Sean »
Cadaver
Cancer || Cruel || Jeremy
Sean || Virus || Zane

Alts For Sale || FAZ Account || DeviantART || Weasyl

Offline Zim

«Reply #5: February 21, 2014, 01:24:20 PM»
Quote from: Corvus
i'm the current owner of the name Assamite. it is a name i created several months ago, fairly, via the character creator. it also has no digos, ports or desctags, so its creation was not an error. it is a clean slate character. prior to last night, i had never spoken to, nor heard of hushabye, or the following names.

upon logging onto the name for the first time in ~3 months (other than to renew it), i recieved two whispers.

"02/21/14 00:32:27 Tearjerker: [alt description, ommited] Can I have my name back? It's a shame my computer died and I was unable to renew it."

a polite request. as i have PMed hushabye on FAM saying they can have the name, i did not repeat myself here.

"02/21/14 00:32:27 Rommel: >>"

assumedly, an emote, and given the context, not a pleasant one. i simply told them it was rude, considering i had no idea who they were. assuming it was an alt of Tearjerker, i repeated that they can have the alt back again -

(02/21/14 00:49:08 Assamite: the alt can be yours again anyway, i have no use for it.)

-------------

this morning, i recieved replies from Rommel:

"02/21/14 11:59:27 Rommel: So after talking with the previous owner of Assamite, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you think I'm her trying to get Assamite back. I'm not. I don't care about Assamite, I don't care about you. The only reason I whispered you at all was because I thought you were Assamite's previous owner. So you can lose the attitude."
"02/21/14 11:59:27 Rommel: Excuse me?"
"02/21/14 11:59:27 Rommel: What's this "again"? I've had this alt since 2007."

firstly, i'm confused by these two statements:

"assume you think I'm her trying to get Assamite back"
"I've had this alt since 2007"

but much like Rommel, i don't particularly care. i don't appreciate how i've been treated, as a stranger who has said nothing inflammatory whatsoever, but i would like this sorted, so i can move on and not have to deal with said people again.

bottom line, Tearjerker/Hushabye, i have now PMed/whispered you both. please get in contact with me, and i will give you this name back. i don't have to. it is by all rights mine, as it expired, and i made it fairly. but i will do this, because i do not wish to hear from you again.

thank you.

Offline Zim

«Reply #6: February 21, 2014, 02:17:30 PM»
Quote from: Corvus
Rommel has informed me that by )"02/21/14 11:59:27 Rommel: What's this "again"? I've had this alt since 2007.") they assumed i meant the alt Rommel. so the contradiction no longer stands. this was a misunderstanding, and though i do not appreciate how i've been treated, i have no further issues with this person.

all business now will be between tearjerker/hushabye and myself. all other alts/users will be ignored.

(Bolding for emphasis mine)