supersaver

Poll

What do you think?

I think you got scammed.
11 (50%)
I think it could have been a scam, but it was at least unfair.
5 (22.7%)
It was entirely your fault, but it was still unfair.
3 (13.6%)
I think it was your fault, it was neither unfair nor was it a scam.
3 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: August 10, 2006, 02:36:09 PM

Author Topic: Outcome  (Read 3271 times)

Deranged

• Topic Author
Outcome
«: August 10, 2006, 02:36:09 PM»
Blasphemy is having a BIG BLOW OUT ALT. SALE. ALL ALTS. must go. Each for 1 Gds. Including, Greek, Headbutt, Threatening, Commands and many more. Alt. List. http://alts.designrave.com/index.php?page=alts&user=3681&m=o O.O Whisper if Interested.

That's what appeared on my screen as I was walking through AI. At 1GDS, I figured, why not check his list, that's pretty cheep! I was expecting a noob list, and it was too good to be true when I saw Mephisto on there. I am certain it said Mephisto because I talked about it to my girlfriend (You may may know her as Moni, a trader on here), wikipedia'd the name to make sure I was spelling it right, and discussed it with a few people with which I locally hang out. I hadn't checked his FAM list again after that. All trading was done through whispers. I immidiately whispered him about it.

French Toast Whisper Log---------------
Session started Tuesday 8/8/2006 18:48
[ Is Mephisto included in that sale? ]
Blasphemy:  Yes.
Blasphemy:  1 GD
[ Hmm. I might be tempted, can you keep that one on hold for me for a little bit? To decide, that is. xP I'll know within the hour. ]
Blasphemy:  Sure. n.n
Blasphemy:  When you make up your mind please whisper Tombs.
[ Mmk. ]

Note the date, and also note the way that I spelled Mephisto.

French Toast Whisper Log---------------
Session started Wednesday 9/8/2006 20:56
[ Hey, this is Anthrax, I talked to you yesterday about Mephisto. Sorry it's taken me so long to respond, but I decided that I'd like to trade for 1 GDS. If you're going to be on tonight, or tomorrow, I will be on all night and all day. I can't really talk right now, if I had time to, I'd do the trade, but my girlfriend is coming over in like... Now. xP ]
Tombs:  Ok
Tombs:  What the latest for tonight?
[ Well, I don't know what time zone you're on, but I'm EST, and I should be back around 11:30 PM EST. I believe that's 10:30 FST. Gotta run now, thanks. x) ]

I'd like to note that not once had he said the name of the alt, and it would have been obvious to him that I was spelling it the same way every time. Then, the next day, (Today):

Session started Thursday 10/8/2006 14:28
[ Hey, you weren't on yesterday when I came back. xP Wanna make the trade now? ]
Tombs:  Sure.
Tombs:  Sorry. Kinda poofed around 10 pm Central
<> The user wishes to summon you.  Type `join to accept, or `decline to decline.
Tombs:  Im in the center. Down the stairs in the pool.
[ K. It'll take me a minute to load in. My connection is very slow today. ]
Tombs:  ok

I have never been scammed before, and I try to give people the benefit of the doubt, so I gave him the dragonscale first.

[ K, can I have the password now? x) ]
Tombs:  Maphisto Pass. is thanks
[ Wait, woah. I thought the character was "Mephisto" ]
[ I'm sorry, but there must have been a mis-understanding. Can we trade back, please? I just checked my whisper logs, and I had said Mephisto. =/ ]
[ Are you there? ]
[ Don't cheat me like this. =/ Summon me. ]
[ Wtf, man, answer me. ]

There were a good 5 minutes between me asking him to talk back to me. I eventually got on my most random alt to see if he would talk back to me, and he IMMEDIATELY did. I knew he was avoiding Triston.

[ HEY! What's up? ]
Tombs:  o.o
[ Haven't talked to you in a while.  ]
Tombs:  Who is this?
[ Oh, c'mon, guess mate. ]
Tombs:  Nope no clue.

I had gotten on the alt Various Creams and he immediately answered, and then I got him to summon me, then I summoned Triston back in, it was only then he responded to me. I talked to him for one or two lines without whisper, asking him if he got my whispers, and he said no. It went back to whisper.

Tombs:  so what up?
[ What I had said was that if you wouldn't mind, I think we need to trade back because there was some sort of mis-understanding, and I have logs if you want me to show you. I thought you were trading the alt Mephisto, not Maphisto. ]
Tombs:  Well my trades are final. o.o
[ Well, you cheated me. o-o; It's not fair and you know it. If you want, I'll get my whisper logs where I said mephisto. ]
[ French Toast Whisper Log--------------- Session started Tuesday 8/8/2006 18:48 [ Is Mephisto included in that sale? ] Blasphemy:  Yes. Blasphemy:  1 GD [ Hmm. I might be tempted, can you keep that one on hold for me for a little bit? To decide, that is. xP I'll know within the hour. ] Blasphemy:  Sure. n.n Blasphemy:  When you make up your mind please whisper Tombs. [ Mmk. ]  ]
[ French Toast Whisper Log--------------- Session started Wednesday 9/8/2006 20:56 [ Hey, this is Anthrax, I talked to you yesterday about Mephisto. Sorry it's taken me so long to respond, but I decided that I'd like to trade for 1 GDS. If you're going to be on tonight, or tomorrow, I will be on all night and all day. I can't really talk right now, if I had time to, I'd do the trade, but my girlfriend is coming over in like... Now. xP ] ]
Tombs:  I know you said Mephisto. But in my alt. list it clearly said M<B><U>a</B></U>phisto. So I have nothing to apologise for.
[ Again, I had said Mephisto. ]
Tombs:  That was your mistake not mine.
[ You don't need to apologize, it was obvious that I thought it said Mephisto and that you were cheating me. Initially it was my fault for reading the alt incorrectly, but you didn't correct me and knew that I was saying it wrong. ]

Take note that he said that he clearly knew I was spelling it wrong throughout the trade and said nothing to me. I went back and checked his alt list, and indeed it did say "Maphisto", but as I stated in the beginning of this topic, I was absolutely certain that it said Mephisto.  Assuming it said Mephisto, that's falsely advertising the alt. I've never been scammed before, I didn't know how to handle trading professionally. Maybe I should have made him log on the alt to make sure. Either way, there's a chance that this wasn't even a scam, but it was in the least unfair. He obviously knew that he was giving me an alt that was different from the one that I expected throughout the whole trade. And his unfair and sour attitude afterwards furthers that point. I believe he deleted Mephisto from his list and added Maphisto at the last second just so that there was no proof.

Offline Zodiac

Outcome
«Reply #1: August 10, 2006, 03:19:21 PM»
Tombs: Who here has FaM?

Turquoise: Furcadian Alt Marker?

Turquoise: Market*

Turquoise: I do.

Turquoise is staff.

Tombs: Turq....someone thinks I scammed them >.>

Turquoise: Who?

Tombs: Tristan. It's on the boards.

Turquoise checks.

Turquoise: Is Blasphemy still in AI?

Turquoise: BRB

Tombs: AI?

Seabeast: Allegria

Tombs: No. I own the alt.

Turquoise: Ok, well, for one.

Turquoise: Linking to FAM in an ad anywhere is not allowed.

Turquoise: The only kind of links to FAM we approve of, are in desc's and in personal whispers, of course not spammed ad ones.

Tombs: Well what do you think Turq?

Turquoise: I'm reading.

Turquoise: Well, Tombs, can you explain this log?:

Turquoise: [ HEY! What's up? ]  Tombs: o.o  [ Haven't talked to you in a while. ]  Tombs: Who is this?  [ Oh, c'mon, guess mate. ]  Tombs: Nope no clue.

Turquoise: After not speaking to him on his other name?

Tombs: I was AFF for a bit, and while all the chattering that was going on here I guess it scrolled it up. I had to take my lil. bro a shower. And when I came back Tristan was gone. And that whisper appeared 1 min. after I returned

Turquoise: Okay.

Turquoise: I think you owe him his 1GD back. You obviously saw him saying Mephisto, and you should have corrected him as obviously that was incorrect.

Tombs: Well, in my opinion is that he should have checked the name, Indeed he was saying Mephisto. but when the trade was comple I put Maphisto pass is ......... and he said thanks.

Turquoise: Why didn't you correct him the first time?

Turquoise: Good trading ettiquette is to be completely sure both sides know what they are getting.

Julian: Tombs just give him back his stuff.

Julian: :o

Turquoise: I always inform people when they have misspelled something, and make sure they know what they are getting.

Turquoise: To me, it very clearly looks like you were all willing to take full advantage of his mistake.

Turquoise: And what is to stop you from taking advantage of any mistake anyone else makes? Its just 'poor sportmanship' so to speak.

Tombs: Honestly. Not true. I thought he was doing the mistake on his behalve.

Turquoise: You thought he was misspelling it on purpose?

Tombs: Yes

Turquoise: Thats garbage.

Tombs: Well on my list it did clearly say Maphisto

Turquoise: This may not have been a planned scam to start, but I definately stand by the grounds that you are ripping him off.

Tombs: o.o

Turquoise: He was nice enought o even give you the GD completely before you gave him the alt and password.

Turquoise: No one does that.

Turquoise: You could have at least given him the courtesy of telling him that he was misreading the name.

Julian: Tombs.

Julian: You can end this.

Julian: Just give back the dollar.

Julian: You can't even get anything with one GD.

Tombs: The fact is. The people always give me the amount first. I have traded 4 alts. already. And no problem. I am. >.>

Moni

• Topic Author
Outcome
«Reply #2: August 10, 2006, 03:30:39 PM»
I'm pretty sure the list originally said "Mephisto." I was in my dream with Tris and a couple of friends when he exploded about "omfg mephisto 1gd ftw <3333", and since I had no clue what the hell a Mephisto was, I checked on wikipedia (so I'm pretty sure I spelled it right). And since Wikipedia and FAM are both within my immediate clicking range, I came on here and searched it to see if he was really serious about one of his wanted alts for such a great price, and I was linked to Outcome's list. It obviously isn't there now, but I'm almost positive that before this little incident that it was. <.<

I'd also like to point out.:

Tombs: The fact is. The people always give me the amount first. I have traded 4 alts. already. And no problem. I am. >.>

THAT DOESN'T HELP YOUR CASE IN THE LEAST.

Offline Jenni

Outcome
«Reply #3: August 10, 2006, 03:37:48 PM»
This reminds me of the case with Hamlet and Elfin, but I don't recall the details directly.

Well, I think it ended up with Ham finding out Ceasar of wftever was spelled wrong and he tried to trade back, not knowing the right spelling was Caesar, and they didn't trade back.

idk something like that.

Moni

• Topic Author
Outcome
«Reply #4: August 10, 2006, 03:45:17 PM»
People who pull these stunts are such jerks. I mean, in this case, it's not the payment that was an issue. A dollar can easily be replaced.

But like Turq said, if he did it for a dollar, what's to say he won't do it to someone else when the price is higher?

and by the way, <333Turq!

Offline Zodiac

Outcome
«Reply #5: August 10, 2006, 03:46:53 PM»
<3 Hi Moni.

He said he is going to give the GD back, so. We'll see.

Deranged

• Topic Author
Outcome
«Reply #6: August 10, 2006, 03:49:27 PM»
Thanks for backing me up, moniluff. <33

Though, yeah. If he said he's gonna give it back, I dunno what he's waiting for. I've been logged on. xD It's honestly not about the dollar, I just don't like the idea that I was cheated out of this, and it could happen to somebody else.

Cessation

• Topic Author
Outcome
«Reply #7: August 10, 2006, 03:49:30 PM»
Personally, I think he should get a refund. It`s obvious that he was taken advantage of.

Offline Kiwi

Outcome
«Reply #8: August 10, 2006, 04:08:33 PM»
Alright, here's the dillio yo from the Kiwi Corner.

There was no scam involved - some bad etiquette in trading yes, but not a scam. It would just be my suggestion to avoid this trader in the future.

It would also be a wise thing to ask to see an alt logged on before trading, with anyone.

I do agree they mislead you by never correcting the spelling, but as the receiving end, as mentioned earlier, it would be your responsibility to see the alt.

This part right here:
[ Is Mephisto included in that sale? ]
Blasphemy: Yes.
Blasphemy: 1 GD

is the only part that bugs me. At that point it would have been polite of him to say "Hey, no, Maphisto not Mephisto."

I believe both parts of the party are responsible for conducting safe and honest trades. Scammer Awareness

So as a reminder to all show and tell before completing.
Furcadia Contacts: Kiwi                                                
Contactable for any reason.
FAQ

Deranged

• Topic Author
Outcome
«Reply #9: August 10, 2006, 04:08:44 PM»
[ You whisper "I was told you were going to refund me?" to Tombs. ]
[ Tombs whispers, "Yes." to you. ]
[ Tombs whispers, "I've been waiting over half an hour for you" to you. ]
  • Your request has been sent to Tombs.
  • Tombs has accepted your request.
  • Tombs summons you.

[ You whisper "I've been on all day. All you had to do was whisper." to Tombs. ]
[M] Your request has been sent to Tombs.
* [M] You and Tombs have begun a trading session. Commands available: trade-status, trade-add , trade-remove , trade-reason , trade-accept, trade-reject, trade-end
* [M] Tombs has added One golden dragonscale to their current offer.
* [M] Tombs sets their trade reason to 'Sorry'.
* [M] Tombs has accepted the offer. If you agree, type trade-accept - but be certain, once you agree there's no taking it back! Type trade-status if you want to make sure you know exactly what's being traded first.
* [M] Your items have been traded and the trade session is now complete. Log off and back on to see the results.
[ You whisper "Thank you for doing the right thing in the end. This all could have been avoided if you had simply practiced good sportsmanship in the beginning. Good day." to Tombs. ]
[ Tombs whispers, "You could keep the alt. As a token of my apologise." to you. ]
[ You whisper "Nahh, that's ok. You can keep it. I don't want it." to Tombs. ]

I took out the entry text and so forth, just so you got the main idea. That happened about 3 minutes ago, so it's all cleared up. Kids, don't let this happen to you. And today's lesson is: DON'T EFF WITH M--I mean. Don't be so trusting. <<; >>; Yeah, that's it.

Quit

• Topic Author
Outcome
«Reply #10: August 10, 2006, 05:00:06 PM»
This is as funny as hell.  What people fail to understand is that when you have several alts, exact spelling tends to slip minds.  Happened to me awhile back, and the hoe guilt tripped as a result, but I won't put any beloved names out there.

I, myself ALWAYS make sure an alt is logged at least once for me to check for names.  It's common sense. One should be more careful when it comes to doing things 'furcadia' doesn't support.  I agree with Kiwi that it wasn't a scam.  Mephisto isn't worth having anyway, but meh.  Yet, could be sold pricey.  And nor have I've ever seen it on Outcome's list.

I think what really happen was, 'selective memory'.  He wanted to 'see' Mephisto on the list for a dollar, and rushed to the though, while 'Outcome' let the spelling slip his mind.  And up until the dollar was transferred, didn't notice the mistake. And in the end, didn't hold himself responsible for such.

After the guilt tripping I was involved in, I will no longer hold myself accountable for other's stupidity.  Nor will I mislead though, not that I ever.  All in all, make sure an alt is logged and inspected before you conduct a trade.  Don't trade first to people without any 'GOOD' references. People you heard of..  Not people who could have been made up.

Edit - This topic is more suitable for announcements or general.

Deranged

• Topic Author
Outcome
«Reply #11: August 10, 2006, 05:16:00 PM»
Yes, well. We did, after all, have 2 people say that they saw it spelled with an E two days earlier. (Me and Moni)

Either way, it's resolved, it's not a big deal.  I would have told him to sign the alt on if it wasn't something as small as 1GDS. And as for spelling slipping his mind, if you read, you'll also note that he obviously admitted to taking advantage of my spelling of the alt. In a round-about way.

Quit

• Topic Author
Outcome
«Reply #12: August 10, 2006, 05:19:55 PM»
Quote from: "Deranged"
Yes, well. We did, after all, have 2 people say that they saw it spelled with an E two days earlier. (Me and Moni)

Either way, it's resolved, it's not a big deal.  I would have told him to sign the alt on if it wasn't something as small as 1GDS. And as for spelling slipping his mind, if you read, you'll also note that he obviously admitted to taking advantage of my spelling of the alt. In a round-about way.

Eh. I'll be nice and leave it at that. Take heed to those things that 'should' be done prior to a trade though. Half the game is intelligence, 'less you hoard.

Offline Kayu

Re: Outcome
«Reply #13: August 10, 2006, 05:44:58 PM»
Tombs:  Maphisto Pass. is thanks
[ Wait, woah. I thought the character was "Mephisto" ]
[ I'm sorry, but there must have been a mis-understanding. Can we trade back, please? I just checked my whisper logs, and I had said Mephisto. =/ ]

Tombs: Well, in my opinion is that he should have checked the name, Indeed he was saying Mephisto. but when the trade was comple I put Maphisto pass is ......... and he said thanks.

Didn't he just lie through his teeth right there?
Also mained as Alpaca, Kikyou. art

kelias

• Topic Author
Outcome
«Reply #14: February 14, 2007, 06:38:02 AM»
Just to fill you all in the alt Mephisto is owned by an RPer on furc and probably won't be up for grabs anytime soon (most likely never).

Juuust letting you know

Moni

• Topic Author
Outcome
«Reply #15: February 14, 2007, 07:14:47 AM»
Thank you for the information, but I don't think Deranged is looking for it anymore. He kinda quit alt-trading and mostly Furc. xD

* tips his idle shell over *

Offline anathema

Outcome
«Reply #16: February 14, 2007, 07:30:03 AM»
Quote from: "kelias"
Just to fill you all in the alt Mephisto is owned by an RPer on furc and probably won't be up for grabs anytime soon (most likely never).

Juuust letting you know

this thread has been dead for months. fucking dumbass.

Offline Zodiac

Outcome
«Reply #17: February 14, 2007, 07:46:23 AM»
Quote from: "Morgan"
Quote from: "kelias"

Juuust letting you know

this thread has been dead for months. fucking dumbass.

*Slaps*

At least it was helpful information for once when someone brings up a dead post.