supersaver

Author Topic: Smarmy  (Read 1214 times)

Offline Hugo

Smarmy
«: July 09, 2007, 02:33:34 PM»
Didn't want to have to make this thread since she was a friend, but I have given this person ample time to come through.

A few months ago, Smarmy was offering to knit scarves for people. I said I'd buy one and sent her an e-mail with my request which she said she'd get right on.

I asked about payment and she said to buy her triwings. Another friend of mine had triwings for sale at the time. I sent her 17GD and had her give the wings to Smarmy. After that I told Smarmy to let me know when she finished the scarf.

A month passed and I came to ask about it. She told me quite plaintively that she wasn't going to do the scarf. I was put down, but I said it would be fine if she paid me back. I bugged her about it for the next few days (during which time if she was there she'd tell me to remind her later and then later be afk) and she said (this friday) that her weekend would be busy so she'd do it on Sunday.

I left her alone for the weekend until Sunday. On Sunday she said oooooh I forgot I'll do it tomorrow.

I say FINE do it tomorrow. I catch her in the evening on Monday since she's been AFK (Which I later find out wasn't the case since she's active on her Stickam) and she says she's going out to dinner and will pay me when she gets home. Today I hop online and she's not there. I ask around and apparently she never came back online either. I am tired of waiting for her  just so she can put me off, so it's time I warned you about her and her scamming.

There is probably nothing that can be done about this since the original trade was for a non-Furcadian item, but it is not right that Smarmy should be able to cut and run without any reprimand.

She is not trustworthy even if you are friends with her.

*All logs took place in whispers and are not valid for use in this thread

Bam

Smarmy
«Reply #1: July 09, 2007, 02:51:33 PM»
Actually, since art is an 'off site item' and is a 'legal' thing to trade digos for, there can be things done about it.
Ciro's frozen people and returned items for things like this, I believe.

Offline Hugo

Smarmy
«Reply #2: July 09, 2007, 02:53:48 PM»
Yes, but the person I bought the wings from is a third party and not involved in this. To solve it Cironir would have to send me 17GD for free and I doubt DEP is willing.

Bam

Smarmy
«Reply #3: July 09, 2007, 02:56:26 PM»
Perhaps if you contact Cironir and explain the situation, you'd at least be able to get the wings back. I know they came directly from another source, but maybe if you can provide logs to him, he can get the wings back to you?

edit: -or rather, on you for the first time-