supersaver

Author Topic: Alt for alt, scam, not sure?  (Read 2048 times)

Offline Spud

Alt for alt, scam, not sure?
«: January 09, 2013, 11:45:13 PM»
I'm not even really sure where I should be posting this at, but I figured this best fit.

I had traded an alt, Morgul, portedx2, for the alt Recovery, also ported x2 with the user Vap!(who is now listed as Manslayer) early August.
Now, I'll be honest, I hardly used the alt Recovery, but would log into it every now and again to use for dream hopping, color testing, and other things.
Anyway, I had gone to log into it last night and found that I couldnt. I checked the password, it was still at what I had changed it to. I spoke to a Beekin who sent me to the a Guardian. They said I most likely never changed the email on the alt and the person who traded the alt to me could have just go into their files, reset the email, and got the info back, thus taking the alt back.
Now I'm out two alts, both alts being ported, and feel I should get something for the alt they had taken back from me, or at least be informed of them taking the alt back, and offering my old alt back, or something to that nature.

I'm not sure what I should do at this point to be honest. The user(Vap!, who is now Manslayer) does not have any alts listed on their profile, and I have no way of being 100% sure of how to contact them directly to speak with them. Their account on here has been inactive sines September, so I feel PM'ing them here would get me no where.
Some advice would be great.
What would be even better is if someone could tell me who this user uses as their main alt, if anyone knows.

Thanks in advance for the advice and help

-Spud

side note: I also have whisper logs with the alt Recovery still when trading the alts, if I need proof I traded the alt Morgul for the alt Recovery.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 11:47:19 PM by Spud »
~♥You can't always think with your heart. Your heart knows no wrong and will love through the pain. When your heart feels that pain, is when you have to be smart enough to think with your head, and be strong enough to leave with your heart in one piece♥~

Offline RIKKI

Re: Alt for alt, scam, not sure?
«Reply #1: January 10, 2013, 12:00:36 AM»
Did you read the sticky in regards to these types of incidents?
If not, here:
http://altmarket.net/index.php?topic=61523.0

Offline Spud

«Reply #2: January 10, 2013, 12:08:02 AM»
I have already spoken to the Guardians about the matter, so I figured this would be the next best step. As I said, I wasnt 100% sure where I should be posting this at, and figured if I'm in the wrong spot, mods could point me in the right direction. I simply posted here in hopes that someone may be able to shed light on who this person uses as their alt now, or maybe if anyone has had similar things happen to them when dealing with this person.
~♥You can't always think with your heart. Your heart knows no wrong and will love through the pain. When your heart feels that pain, is when you have to be smart enough to think with your head, and be strong enough to leave with your heart in one piece♥~

Offline RIKKI

«Reply #3: January 10, 2013, 12:14:21 AM»
Unfortunately, you might not be able to find them, not through here.
Manslayer has gone under SEVERAL aliases in the past year, among them are Kayba and Hipster. However, those are not guarantees on her current alts.

They have a habit of dodging their ban on the site and not confronting the moderators on their issues.

Whenever they've resurfaced, its always with the intent of selling off any characters they have before they're caught. :(

Offline Spud

«Reply #4: January 10, 2013, 12:22:56 AM»
Ah =/
I've heard from someone that they know of her using the alt Dashi, and had actually sold this person an alt just last night. I'll be adding each of those alts to my pounce, just in case, in hopes maybe one of them is still her. I'd simply like to get down to the bottom of why she'd snatched the alt up when it was more then a fair trade. I guess I'm at fault too though, seeing as I had forgotten to change the email, and it kills that I'm out two alts now ><

Thank you much for the info though, I hope it helps me in finding her
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 03:46:32 AM by Spud »

Offline Kels

«Reply #5: January 10, 2013, 12:02:48 PM»
Hello! I have a small lead on how/why this may have happened. This person Manslayer has conections with Coop, they and I had traded a long while ago. And I had completely forgotten about this, I had manadged to get a few "rotting" coop owned alts, like Mobscene and Skelly. A few others to, which I cant recall. But if need be i'll access old emails to find out any information that could be useful!

For now this is my proof,

I'm also pretty sure they have used past accounts on FAM like Hipster, Gammzee(sp?) And the such. Due to the fact i've delt with coop/alyssa related issues I tend to get contacted often by the mulitple alias they go by e.e

This PM I had is very old...A few months xD Buttt I do now that manslayer is an alt. And she could be using it because I recall talking to her about the design, as I knew who made the port and whatnot.

If I find any other information i'll post

Hope this is relevent <3

Offline Jessa

«Reply #6: January 10, 2013, 08:17:41 PM»
As odd as it is.. I am sure I had encounters with Alyssa/Coop not too long ago. I can't remember if it was with you Kels or who it was but Coops alts that they had stolen were mysteriously being traded again by one user. I will post the names when I get on my computer if it still have the logs. I am almost 70 percent sure Alyssa is back.

Offline Zim

«Reply #7: January 10, 2013, 08:31:19 PM»
Please keep all information regarding Alyssa to this thread.

I'm only mean out of necessity.

Offline Kels

«Reply #8: January 10, 2013, 09:29:03 PM»
Hello agian! I can now confirm that Vap! is now under the name Manslayer, As when I made a trade with the user a while back they were still under the user Vap! And when you get emails from FAM they use the current name and do not update it

As you can see it has Vap! and the date.... The same was posted by Manslayer on my trade evals by Manslayer (Because FAM updates with usernames)

Sadly it says different times.. becuase I've never really set my FAM time right LOL idk... I should get on that.

Also I have another name they went under which was SingSong

And agian this will show the transaction

That's really I can show off for now. If I have more info I will come back :)

Offline Spud

«Reply #9: January 10, 2013, 10:54:31 PM»
Please keep all information regarding Alyssa to this thread.

sorry, i hadnt realized there was already a thread about this person, for i didnt even know what name this person goes by now. feel free to link this thread, or any of this info, if new, into the other thread. i'd like to help in stopping this scammer in any way i can.

Offline Marve

«Reply #10: January 11, 2013, 08:46:55 PM»
I pounced the alt and I can confirm Recovery has been logging in and out - You can always leave an offline and I'll be sure to keep an eye out for it. Hopefully the guardians can help you.

Offline RIKKI

«Reply #11: January 11, 2013, 09:54:47 PM»
I pounced the alt and I can confirm Recovery has been logging in and out - You can always leave an offline and I'll be sure to keep an eye out for it. Hopefully the guardians can help you.
The guardians can't do a thing about this, since the loss of the alt was Spud's fault (i.e. not changing email/password, thus securing the character). Unless Spud created the alt, there's no real way to get it back unless Kayba decides to show herself and be honest about it.

Offline Spud

«Reply #12: January 11, 2013, 11:12:26 PM»
i understand that i more then likely wont be getting the alt back, and am honestly not really worried about getting it back at this point. i really never used it, and i know i was neglectful in not changing the email right when i should have. the only thing that bothers me is the fact that shes scammed others before myself, and would like to get my info out there on this technical scam to help in tracking her down and stopping her in any future scamming.

Offline Nifty

«Reply #13: January 19, 2013, 08:55:05 AM»
I'll help on this situation as much as I can! Firstly Kels that assumption isn't quite right nor is yours Gaga. (I'm only aware of them ever being VAP! but who knows?) I'm neither of those stated people but people may think that's not true because me and this other "user/users" go to the public library. Which is a shared IP.

I do know them in real life but I also know they traded you the alt.
However! I gave them the alt and they never ever once changed the email.
They said this to me a few times and I know because I used to share the alt with them.

The old email isn't hard to access since they never really changed it because it was in mine ^^; I may be able to do a password recovery. Yes this person does know my passwords however. Known them since I was 5. SO it is possible I may not even be able to access it. If they stole it. =/

*edit*

Shes so predictable! She did change the email but I was able to guess the password since I know her so well. *eyeroll* I'm PMING SPUD right away.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 09:12:17 AM by Nifty »

Offline RIKKI

«Reply #14: January 19, 2013, 02:10:48 PM»
Is that so, Kayba/Hipster or whatever you go by? If that's true then why does your ip link to at least five of your previous accounts, INCLUDING Manslayer?

You gave yourself away last month and we asked you to contact us to clear up your multiple account situation, and yet, you continue to refuse us a simple request and now you're trying to lie your way out of a scamming situation.

Could you just do us all a favor and come clean for once? The truth works out better than outright lying for half a year.
You haven't gotten the axe this time because we're hoping for a peaceful resolution, but our patience is wearing thin.

Offline Nifty

«Reply #15: January 19, 2013, 02:26:50 PM»
Is that so, Kayba/Hipster or whatever you go by? If that's true then why does your ip link to at least five of your previous accounts, INCLUDING Manslayer?

You gave yourself away last month and we asked you to contact us to clear up your multiple account situation, and yet, you continue to refuse us a simple request and now you're trying to lie your way out of a scamming situation.

Could you just do us all a favor and come clean for once? The truth works out better than outright lying for half a year.
You haven't gotten the axe this time because we're hoping for a peaceful resolution, but our patience is wearing thin.

I'm not any of those people and never been anyone on FAM other than "nifty". I do know my friend used to have a habit of changing names cause she's indecisive.

You can choose to believe me or not. This is a public library. with a public and shared IP.

It's hard for me to fend for myself when my friend and I both come here because we cant afford internet while in college.

I understand the concern and all. I have no part in knowing of the other accounts. I have texted her even told her to get this sorted out and she goes.. "whatever". I can't make her do anything and I can't prove anything with a shared IP.

if she lies I can't control that. You know? I haven't so.

So you can chose to believe me or you can chose not to. You can do not so. Because the worlds unfair like that.

That's all I have to say. I helped spud. That's all I'm concerned over.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 02:28:29 PM by Nifty »

Offline RIKKI

«Reply #16: January 19, 2013, 02:40:48 PM»
If you really are a friend of hers, why don't you have her finally contact us because it's ridiculous that she's flip-flopping around so much?

Like I said, you're directly linked to Manslayer, and it would be such a big help to us if we could finally speak to her. Provided that I'm not speaking to her already.

It's good that you narrowly avoided being labeled a scammer, but as much as you claim to the contrary, we have a mountain of evidence that contradicts your claims. And until you come completely clean to the moderators, we'll be doubtful of your public admission.

Just do the right thing. It's only multiple accounts that you're guilty of.

Seeing as you made another account this morning on top of answering on this one, Spak.

Offline Spud

«Reply #17: January 20, 2013, 11:02:06 PM»
I'll help on this situation as much as I can! Firstly Kels that assumption isn't quite right nor is yours Gaga. (I'm only aware of them ever being VAP! but who knows?) I'm neither of those stated people but people may think that's not true because me and this other "user/users" go to the public library. Which is a shared IP.

I do know them in real life but I also know they traded you the alt.
However! I gave them the alt and they never ever once changed the email.
They said this to me a few times and I know because I used to share the alt with them.

The old email isn't hard to access since they never really changed it because it was in mine ^^; I may be able to do a password recovery. Yes this person does know my passwords however. Known them since I was 5. SO it is possible I may not even be able to access it. If they stole it. =/

*edit*

Shes so predictable! She did change the email but I was able to guess the password since I know her so well. *eyeroll* I'm PMING SPUD right away.

oh wow, i havnt checked this thread in a few days, thinking it had really just been a lost cause.
i cant thank you enough for helping sort this out. i just wish i was able to speak with the person directly in working this out. its a shame she didnt want to set things right for herself and fix it between us. and honestly, i wouldnt have minded about it at all if i hadnt equally traded a ported alt for this ported alt.
thank you again, i really appreciate it.

Offline Spud

«Reply #18: January 20, 2013, 11:05:23 PM»
wait a sec, so.. Nifty is supposedly Alyssa?

Offline RIKKI

«Reply #19: January 20, 2013, 11:10:30 PM»
Nifty is Manslayer, the person who took the alt from you in the first place.

Offline Spud

«Reply #20: January 20, 2013, 11:17:07 PM»
oi, i see no point in hiding behind a new name if she was trying to fix things then. it would look better on her in my opinion if she just came out and openly worked things out with me instead of hiding behind a different name. oh well, i got the alt back, changed the email and password. i guess we can mark this as resolved?

supersaver