supersaver

Author Topic: Updates!  (Read 2335 times)

Offline Narnia

Updates!
«: December 18, 2012, 09:19:05 PM»
As you can see we've updated the site. With this comes the loss of profile comments, but you gain the ability to bookmark threads, mark PMs as unread, and a number of other site enhancements that you should stumble across. Enjoy!
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Alt Market, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Offline mimiru

Re: Updates!
«Reply #1: December 19, 2012, 01:45:18 PM»
if this is in the wrong place, feel free to move ;P
When I was looking at my alt list, a lot of it was cut off...is this for everyone or just my computer, and if so, what can I do to fix it? Can provide a screenie if needed~

Thank you!

Offline Narnia

«Reply #2: December 19, 2012, 01:47:14 PM»
Please provide a screenshot. I'm not seeing any errors.
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Alt Market, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Offline mimiru

«Reply #3: December 19, 2012, 01:55:42 PM»
alrighty! Not full screenies so I took two, it's on the right hand side, the stars, alt choices, and the digo selections (though it looks like those mainly got pushed down)

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/mimiru1618/screenie1_zps94859dd5.png

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/mimiru1618/screenie2_zpsa23bdc20.png

urls for the images are below each corresponding picture if it's hard to see! Thanks for checking on it for me Narnia <3

Offline Narnia

«Reply #4: December 19, 2012, 02:06:55 PM»
See attached image.

Offline mimiru

«Reply #5: December 19, 2012, 02:28:10 PM»
aha! That did it! Thank you Narnia!

Offline Eevee

«Reply #6: December 19, 2012, 05:43:29 PM»
is there a way to block PMs for the badge reward notification?

Offline Narnia

«Reply #7: December 19, 2012, 08:19:55 PM»
is there a way to block PMs for the badge reward notification?

Try ignoring the user 'Award System'

Offline Hayden

«Reply #8: December 19, 2012, 08:42:53 PM»
The icons for logging in and registering should have some form of text, otherwise it is hard to tell which you're hitting (especially on mobile devices in my case). There's also no longer an option to remain logged in which can be a hassle. Will this feature be making a return...?

Offline Narnia

«Reply #9: December 19, 2012, 08:48:54 PM»
The icons for logging in and registering should have some form of text, otherwise it is hard to tell which you're hitting (especially on mobile devices in my case). There's also no longer an option to remain logged in which can be a hassle. Will this feature be making a return...?

If you're logged out there should be a login link in the top menu. This will allow you to login with the normal form and stay logged in.

Offline Hayden

«Reply #10: December 19, 2012, 08:53:14 PM»
Ah I see, it's separated from the quick login. That's a little awkward, but I've got it. Thanks.

Offline nothing

«Reply #11: December 19, 2012, 11:30:52 PM»
I can't find my inbox...

It appears to simply be gone.

And I'm not sure if this should go in feedback, but the site looks and feels incomplete to me. The older template was alot cleaner in appearance, if that means anything to you guys. IDK.
ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ / ᴄʀᴏɴᴀ
best to message me on furc, i wont be checking FAM any more

Offline Narnia

«Reply #12: December 19, 2012, 11:48:49 PM»
PMs are next to you user name on the right hand side under the site logo.

And what feels less complete? The site is essentially the exact same layout with a little bit of visual splash.

Offline Hayden

«Reply #13: December 20, 2012, 12:37:21 AM»
For what it is worth, I like it.

Offline Tresdin

«Reply #14: December 20, 2012, 10:57:59 AM»
if i still had my old account i probably would have the most badges ever

Offline cial

«Reply #15: December 28, 2012, 09:29:27 AM»
i experience extreme lag trying to use the altmarket with this layout. i'm running windows 7 and the chrome browser (latest version). do you think it could be possible to include another skin option, since this one is obviously not all-browsers-friendly?
inhuman and otherwise amoral practices await.

Offline Narnia

«Reply #16: December 28, 2012, 03:19:35 PM»
It's not browser related because I use the exact same operating system and browser.

Offline Narnia

«Reply #17: December 29, 2012, 11:11:47 PM»
The alt list system has now been updated to check whether a name already exists on the site following very similar rules to Furcadia (space and punctuation are stripped from the name, foreign characters converted). If you had previously added your alt with extra punctuation or spaces because it was on someone else's list, I've likely found you now and deleted all duplicates alts.

Offline Narnia

«Reply #18: December 30, 2012, 10:02:20 PM»
The wanted alt list has been updated to check your list of wanted alts against the owned alts following rules similar to Furcadia name creation standards. This means that if you list that you want the alt "narnia%&$#*test****1" it will match the alt "narniatest1" as Furcadia strips punctuation and spaces from the name.

Also, search has been updated to search the names following rules similar to Furcadia name creation standards. This should help you locate alts that are the name you want but may not be entered into FAM the way you expect.

I'll work on make a slightly more robust search system soon so you can refine your searches a little better.

supersaver