supersaver

Author Topic: Flamingdarkfox  (Read 3143 times)

Offline ?

Flamingdarkfox
«: August 31, 2012, 05:40:44 PM»
So about two days ago. I joined a group of friends. Forbid was an alt sitting there with them. I came back to furcadia after 3 years and really wanted a new main. Since I fell in love with forbid, I started to whisper the alt. They agree'd to sell it to me in exchange for 100 gd. Which I was told to send to flamingdarkfox. On top of which my friend pitched in her gd as well. I'm not sure if it was this persons alt or not either. Cause they said it was there friend....but...

Anyhow 2 days later, Candra approached me and said the alt was stolen from Jay.
It instantly made me feel horrible. That it was stolen from someone, I know how it would feel to have something taken from you...However....When Jay came to approach me...He was threatening me to have the alt frozen. If I had not returned it. While I still plan on messaging the guardians, I have a separate window open for that at this very moment. I still feel like I'm losing out on my money and art which I got commissioned for forbid.

Now....Jay offers I keep the alt and remove the design. When he did I instantly went and removed all the images, turned off the port. Was in a process of buying a new design for forbid. When I look at the screen...He turns around and changes his mind and wants the alt back entirely. I know it was stolen, but I spent money on it. I even willingly was going to give up the design to Jay even though I had art commissions coming for it, and loved the design.

While there demanding me for an answer...i wanted a better source for advice and also to warn the community on Flamingdarkfox.

Until I have permission to post logs, I can't post any. :<

*EDIT*

I contacted the guardians myself. Sent them an email and I was recommended to ignore Jay.  The guardians say jay doesn't rightfully own the alt if he did not create it. That's all I got so far.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 08:54:29 PM by ? »

Offline Arabelle

Re: Flamingdarkfox
«Reply #1: August 31, 2012, 08:30:18 PM»
Forbid is yours, you paid for it, You can not trust that Jay wasn't flamingdarkfox and is now trying to scam...

You probably make the alt better, plus you bought art and digos. Keep it.

Offline ?

«Reply #2: August 31, 2012, 08:32:32 PM»
Forbid is yours, you paid for it, You can not trust that Jay wasn't flamingdarkfox and is now trying to scam...

You probably make the alt better, plus you bought art and digos. Keep it.

Jay claims he is having the gaurdians freeze it. I am going to keep it.

Offline Jets

«Reply #3: August 31, 2012, 09:02:45 PM»
If I had gotten paid for the alt I wouldn't be contacting anyone about my stolen alt. You don't own the alt either since you didn't make the alt.

Codeine // Creeper // Dub // Durog // Forbid // Jets // Limbo // Mordecai

Offline ?

«Reply #4: August 31, 2012, 09:03:32 PM»
If I had gotten paid for the alt I wouldn't be contacting anyone about my stolen alt. You don't own the alt either since you didn't make the alt.

Maybe not but I didn't know it was stolen when I bought it originally. I still paid for it.

Offline Matthew

«Reply #5: August 31, 2012, 09:15:15 PM»
I really don't want to be apart of this, but I don't want to people to mistake Jay for this person.
I know for a fact that Jay is not flamingdarkfox, he is a friend of mine and I made some of the art on that character as a gift to jay, and no one else.
As the artist alone, I do not allow use of the port I have made for a friend.
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/5752439/ <--- This one.

Offline ?

«Reply #6: August 31, 2012, 09:16:44 PM»
I really don't want to be apart of this, but I don't want to people to mistake Jay for this person.
I know for a fact that Jay is not flamingdarkfox, he is a friend of mine and I made some of the art on that character as a gift to jay, and no one else.
As the artist alone, I do not allow use of the port I have made for a friend.
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/5752439/ <--- This one.

I already told Jay I will not use the design AND that he could have it. He said mind you I could keep the alt but not use the design...I agreed on that. Even though I spent money on art commissions. It was a kind gesture on my part to settle it.THEN 5 minutes later he turns around and changes that and threatens me that it will get frozen. Which is unfair all on it's own level when I thought it was settled.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 09:19:55 PM by ? »

Offline Jets

«Reply #7: August 31, 2012, 09:19:38 PM»
I have ever right to change my mind, which I did about letting you keep the alt. Which I've already talked to you about. There's really nothing more that can be said. The alt was stolen from me again for the second time and you unknowingly bought it. We've already gone over all of this and are going to let the Guardians decide what's going to happen so having this thread is pretty pointless in my eyes.

Offline ?

«Reply #8: August 31, 2012, 09:21:12 PM»
I have ever right to change my mind, which I did about letting you keep the alt. Which I've already talked to you about. There's really nothing more that can be said. The alt was stolen from me again for the second time and you unknowingly bought it. We've already gone over all of this and are going to let the Guardians decide what's going to happen so having this thread is pretty pointless in my eyes.

I disagree it's rude you changed your mind after it being settled and involving the gaurdians thus making me contact them as well.

Offline Jets

«Reply #9: August 31, 2012, 09:22:41 PM»
...Nothing was "settled". and it was stolen from me I have every right, rude or otherwise.

Offline ?

«Reply #10: August 31, 2012, 09:25:13 PM»
...Nothing was "settled". and it was stolen from me I have every right, rude or otherwise.

I didn't steal it from you so no you do not have a right to be rude to me. This thread needs to be locked please and shall update staff accordingly.

Offline Hash

«Reply #11: August 31, 2012, 09:48:45 PM»
I really don't understand what this had to be brought to FAM for 3rd parties to pick it apart...
This is really only going to cause even more drama...

I've got to start off by saying that Jay and I have been very close friends for 10 years now, we grew up together and I know Jay has a lot of anxiety when it comes to dealing with situations like this.
Last time Forbid was hacked and all of his lifers and digo items were stolen, he wanted me to deal with the situation because he couldn't focus enought to do it himself... I was going to help Jay sort this out today, but I made the mistake of taking off during a time he probably would have needed some help with this and for that I am incredibly sorry Jay :/ But I just have to reiterate that this situation, given it's happened before, and given that right now is already a very stressful time in Jay's life, he may have changed his mind... but probably because he answered the first time without putting a lot of thought into it.

I have posted several pictures of Jay's character, Forbid, on my deviant art, from 2011
found here --- http://swsb.deviantart.com/art/Forbid-Anthro-205184186?q=gallery%3Aswsb%2F12867714&qo=27
here --- http://swsb.deviantart.com/art/Forbid-Feral-205183168?q=gallery%3Aswsb%2F12867714&qo=28
and here --- http://swsb.deviantart.com/art/Rieker-and-Forbid-205984349?q=gallery%3Aswsb%2F12867714&qo=24

and last winter I posted this topic on here --- http://altmarket.net/index.php?topic=51751.msg628397#msg628397
about the guff we went through when this happened the time before....

So there really should be no question that the alt was Jay's in the first place.

Really I don't know how else to explain the situation any better. You bought something that was stolen, you were conned out of your money by a scam artist.

Offline Eevee

«Reply #12: August 31, 2012, 09:50:47 PM»
Just curious, how did it get stolen?
Jets, you said it happened for a second time?

Offline ?

«Reply #13: August 31, 2012, 09:53:54 PM»
I really don't understand what this had to be brought to FAM for 3rd parties to pick it apart...
This is really only going to cause even more drama...

I've got to start off by saying that Jay and I have been very close friends for 10 years now, we grew up together and I know Jay has a lot of anxiety when it comes to dealing with situations like this.
Last time Forbid was hacked and all of his lifers and digo items were stolen, he wanted me to deal with the situation because he couldn't focus enought to do it himself... I was going to help Jay sort this out today, but I made the mistake of taking off during a time he probably would have needed some help with this and for that I am incredibly sorry Jay :/ But I just have to reiterate that this situation, given it's happened before, and given that right now is already a very stressful time in Jay's life, he may have changed his mind... but probably because he answered the first time without putting a lot of thought into it.

I have posted several pictures of Jay's character, Forbid, on my deviant art, from 2011
found here --- http://swsb.deviantart.com/art/Forbid-Anthro-205184186?q=gallery%3Aswsb%2F12867714&qo=27
here --- http://swsb.deviantart.com/art/Forbid-Feral-205183168?q=gallery%3Aswsb%2F12867714&qo=28
and here --- http://swsb.deviantart.com/art/Rieker-and-Forbid-205984349?q=gallery%3Aswsb%2F12867714&qo=24

and last winter I posted this topic on here --- http://altmarket.net/index.php?topic=51751.msg628397#msg628397
about the guff we went through when this happened the time before....

So there really should be no question that the alt was Jay's in the first place.

Really I don't know how else to explain the situation any better. You bought something that was stolen, you were conned out of your money by a scam artist.

I get that but Jay did not create the alt from what I understood. So yeah. The guardians said basically the creator of the alt gets it but since there not involved I have no idea. Waiting on the guardians to answer such for us.

However, I didn't know it was stolen when I bought it or jay had previous issues with it, I thought it was worked out when he said i could keep the alt but not the design but he changes his mind? I did pay for this alt even if jay was not the one who sold it to me. I think that no body is realizing how I feel of this situation. If jay would of kept the design and left me keep the alt, both would be happy and none of this would of came to the guardians OR fam.

But...NO....nothing is resolved. He still can use the design since it's his. I want the alt....if it's not frozen I thought we could come to both understandings and leave it at that but I guess not.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 09:55:38 PM by ? »

Offline Jets

«Reply #14: August 31, 2012, 09:56:27 PM»

It was hacked, and I lost all of my lifers over all of my alts. :/

Offline Hash

«Reply #15: August 31, 2012, 09:58:11 PM»

I posted everything I could think of on this forum from last year

http://altmarket.net/index.php?topic=51751.msg628397#msg628397

we realy aren't 100% sure what happened, or how it got stolen.

Offline Eevee

«Reply #16: August 31, 2012, 09:59:03 PM»

Was that the last time or current time?
How long ago did it happen?
What have you been doing to get it back before OP of this thread bought it?

Instead of fighting with each other you guys need to pinpoint who exactly took it from you, when they took it, and help each other get everything (ports/digos; the gd they paid for it, etc) back and this person who stole and sold it at least properly reported.

Offline ?

«Reply #17: August 31, 2012, 10:01:00 PM»

Instead of fighting with each other you guys need to pinpoint who exactly took it from you, when they took it, and help each other get everything (ports/digos; the gd they paid for it, etc) back and this person who stole and sold it at least properly reported.

I understood from what Jay and candra said, They got forbid back and it was stolen again. This time...so whoever the person was who stole it and sold it to me for 100 gd I dont know who they are. I sent the GD to flamingdarkfox but forbid said that it was their friend so I do not know if that is true. Thus making it harder.

Offline Hash

«Reply #18: August 31, 2012, 10:01:51 PM»

this is all the information we have on this.
For this instance, jay just saw the alt in AI a couple days ago, and I saw Forbid in the forums and contacted them

Offline ?

«Reply #19: August 31, 2012, 10:03:07 PM»

this is all the information we have on this.
For this instance, jay just saw the alt in AI a couple days ago, and I saw Forbid in the forums and contacted them

I bought it from someone sitting on forbid in my friends dream. So I have no idea what is going on and I was not aware of it being stolen or that they had issues before.

Offline Eevee

«Reply #20: August 31, 2012, 10:04:16 PM»
For OP (calling you this since your user is just a ? lol)
Did the person who sold Forbid to you contact you on the forum or in-game?

For Jets
Was Forbid's password a common word used for passwords?
What about the email and email password?
Are you sharing any alts/emails with anyone?

Offline ?

«Reply #21: August 31, 2012, 10:08:20 PM»

For Jets

It was in game, Forbid was sitting in my friends dream. I fell in love with it and being I returned to furcadia after 3 years a month ago, I had a noobish looking alt and wanted something better. So I asked if they would sell it, they said sure. I payed 60 gd and a friend helped me buy him by spending 40. She's been offline all day but I'm directing her to this thread. Out of habit I copy and pasted the gift gd command. So I doubt I will get my GD back. It was sent to flamingdarkfox. They claimed it was their friend however.

Offline Eevee

«Reply #22: August 31, 2012, 10:10:36 PM»

For Jets

It was in game, Forbid was sitting in my friends dream. I fell in love with it and being I returned to furcadia after 3 years a month ago, I had a noobish looking alt and wanted something better. So I asked if they would sell it, they said sure. I payed 60 gd and a friend helped me buy him by spending 40. She's been offline all day but I'm directing her to this thread. Out of habit I copy and pasted the gift gd command. So I doubt I will get my GD back. It was sent to flamingdarkfox. They claimed it was their friend however.

After you got Forbid, did they log on another alt and come back to the dream or whisper you?
Has flamingdarkfox ever logged during or after the sale before you were told Forbid was stolen?

Offline ?

«Reply #23: August 31, 2012, 10:11:34 PM»

For Jets

After you got Forbid, did they log on another alt and come back to the dream or whisper you?
Has flamingdarkfox ever logged during or after the sale before you were told Forbid was stolen?

Not sure I don't have flamingdarkfox on my pounce and no they never whispered me after I got the password.

Offline Eevee

«Reply #24: August 31, 2012, 10:13:14 PM»

For Jets

Not sure I don't have flamingdarkfox on my pounce and no they never whispered me after I got the password.

While they were still on Forbid, were they sitting alone quietly or were they chatting/hanging with anyone?