supersaver

Author Topic: Gage/Shiva trade  (Read 3939 times)

Offline Skull

Gage/Shiva trade
«: June 26, 2007, 09:07:45 PM»
I recently bought a World of Warcraft account from Shiva on here for life classics, thinking that I could transfer one of the characters from that account to my current World of Warcraft account.  After numerous attempts to transfer the character and receiving a message that "The destination account does not meet the requirements for an account to account transfer." I ask Shiva what the problem is.  He acts clueless, so eventually I send an e-mail to tech support asking what the problem is.

This is the response I get from Blizzard Tech Support:

It is not possible to "wipe" an account or to re-use an Authentication Key for any reason. Once the key is used and an account is created, that key is permanently tied to that account. In addition, the name listed on an account is considered to be the account's only authorized user. Therefore, the purchase or sale of open or used copies of World of Warcraft or accounts is not recommended for our customers. If you have recently acquired a used copy of World of Warcraft or the details of an account from a friend or vendor, please contact the friend or vendor this game was acquired through to request an exchange or refund.

Please note that the sale, transfer, gifting, or trading of World of Warcraft accounts, characters, and/or items is against the Terms of Use - (http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/termsofuse.shtml). Any and all accounts found in violation of these Terms are subject to permanent closure. To avoid any such actions please return this account to the original owner.

Of course, I didn't know this when I purchased the account and I'm not entirely sure Shiva did either.  However, because tech support basically stated that it's illegal for me to log onto that account or claim ownership of it, I was interested in trading it back or exchanging it to Shiva somehow but he refused to cooperate at all:

These are logs from AIM

MayhemRFI: Therefore, the purchase or sale of open or used copies of World of Warcraft or accounts is not recommended for our customers. If you have recently acquired a used copy of World of Warcraft or the details of an account from a friend or vendor, please contact the friend or vendor this game was acquired through to request an exchange or refund.
GageLikesBubbles: o_o
GageLikesBubbles: Whats it asking
MayhemRFI: /:
GageLikesBubbles: I got my WOW off my cousin
GageLikesBubbles: I didnt buy the discs
MayhemRFI: I asked if it's possible to transfer one character from that account to my account
MayhemRFI: so what im fucked now
MayhemRFI: because they're basically threatening to close both of my WoW accounts if I don't stop logging onto the one you sold me
GageLikesBubbles: o_o;
GageLikesBubbles: What the fuck

Thereafter he signs off of AIM, but I guess his power went out because I get this whisper a minute or two later:

[REMOVED]

Eventually I get an IM from him saying he'll trade me something but the only alts I was interested in he refuses to trade because they have bids on them etc.

So, I don't know what to do.  I feel people should know that Shiva is very uncooperative and rude when it comes to this.

Pumpkin

Gage/Shiva trade
«Reply #1: June 26, 2007, 09:19:58 PM»
I didnt give you permission to post those logs. Take them down.

- Out of line.

All I'm going to say is.
If you had any common sense, you would know it was illegal.
Alt trading is illegal and you do it. You're selling a games property and theyre not making money, so how did you know its not illegal? You say its because there are tons of site doing it, where there are tons of sites selling alts too

Not to mention you just told me you wouldnt make this thread

Offline Julie

Gage/Shiva trade
«Reply #2: June 26, 2007, 09:22:33 PM»
Quote from: "Shiva"
I didnt give you permission to post those logs.

making this clear, if you had any confusion, when i said "He says go ahead, post on FAM, but its not going to solve anything." i meant he had said to go ahead and post a thread ( which later i was told you had indeed told gage you werent going to make it, no? ). i did not give you permission to post the logs.

Offline anathema

Gage/Shiva trade
«Reply #3: June 26, 2007, 10:04:38 PM»
I didnt give you permission to post those logs. Take them down.

- Out of line.

All I'm going to say is.
Alt trading is illegal and you do it. You're selling a games property and theyre not making money, so how did you know its not illegal? You say its because there are tons of site doing it, where there are tons of sites selling alts too

Not to mention you just told me you wouldnt make this thread

alt trading is not 'illegal', and you're being a complete douche about this, gage.

Offline Cristina

Gage/Shiva trade
«Reply #4: June 26, 2007, 10:06:00 PM»

All I'm going to say is.

The way you say this makes it seem you traded for the classics, knowing she was going to be told she couldn't switch the characters. Doesn't make you look too good... just to let you know :/

If you knew she couldn't switch the characters and you traded anyways... sounds like a scam. Obviously, Rhi wouldn't have traded if she knew she couldn't transfer characters.

Pumpkin

Gage/Shiva trade
«Reply #5: June 26, 2007, 10:07:18 PM»
Well whatever, say I'm a horrible trader. I really don't care.

I did a trade with her that she requested, its been done. I told her I had nothing she wanted that I'd give up. blah blah blah.

Offline Cristina

Gage/Shiva trade
«Reply #6: June 26, 2007, 10:09:53 PM»
So i guess you aren't denying it... thats pretty shitty.
But I guess it doesn't bother you. Oh well.

Pumpkin

Gage/Shiva trade
«Reply #7: June 26, 2007, 10:13:14 PM»
I'm not denying shit. I see in now way how this is a scam. I had no clue of knowing she couldnt transfer the damn character. So how is it my fault?

Im not bothered because I know it wont affect me. I've dont COUNTLESS trades with tons of people and people know I don't steal shit and other things. Fact is, I've made a good bed for myself, this really won't hurt. Thats why its not making me twitch.

Offline anathema

Gage/Shiva trade
«Reply #8: June 26, 2007, 10:15:29 PM»
you being a dick isn't helping your situation. you're basically saying "i've done plenty of good trades so i guess i can scam someone every once in a while!!" people dont like that.

Pumpkin

Gage/Shiva trade
«Reply #9: June 26, 2007, 10:17:09 PM»
I didn't scam anyone  (: She hasnt lost anything And even if she does in the future, It wasnt my fault.

Offline Mychelle

Gage/Shiva trade
«Reply #10: June 26, 2007, 10:22:30 PM»
Shiva. I remember when we were speaking awhile back, you had 'bought' that undead rogue character. And I remember telling you to be careful with shit like that because buying/selling characters/accounts can get your account completely banned. So you did sell her the account knowing that.
Im letting my alts rot. So dont ask.

Offline MAU

Gage/Shiva trade
«Reply #11: June 26, 2007, 10:26:25 PM»
Quote from: "Cristina"
The way you say this makes it seem you traded for the classics, knowing she was going to be told she couldn't switch the characters. Doesn't make you look too good... just to let you know :/

i agree, i highly doubt she would have traded if she would have known the consequences behind it.

now i've never played warcraft, so if i'm missing something here forgive me, but if you can get your character back and you can just as easily make an agreement to trade her back the wings; what's the big deal?

since she was screwed over, why not just trade her back? i usually wouldn't if someone was being too indecisive over a deal, but she lost her half entirely. it doesn't make you look good. people keep in mind the good trades, but it doesn't make you immune to bad ones, especially ones where conflict could have been avoided.

Offline Euro

Gage/Shiva trade
«Reply #12: June 26, 2007, 10:29:25 PM»
I didn't scam anyone  (: She hasnt lost anything And even if she does in the future, It wasnt my fault.

I recently bought a World of Warcraft account from Shiva on here for life classics

S
he said she traded life classics for the account? That's the loss here.

If it really needs it why not just give her back the classics (Unless you've already traded those..) and take the WoW account back? If you -really- wanted to sell it again you could post it on a third party site and get the same price, if not more, for it.

Looks like you guys can't play nice with each other, this is the 2nd issue between you guys, right? :\
Honestly I don't think you guys should do business with each other anymore, but that's just my opinion.

Not 'attacking' anyone here, just stating my opinion and maybe a simple solution?

Edit: LOL Mauser <3 Great minds think alike. Must've posted that while I was typing xD I take forever with posting.

Another point about bad trading:
The bad sticks out and is more easily recalled in peoples' minds over good, it's just natural, so you should be careful about bad trades. That's why so many people recall having such horrible childhoods, and such.. and bad presidents :3

Offline Mychelle

Gage/Shiva trade
«Reply #13: June 26, 2007, 10:34:42 PM»
Quote from: "Mauser"
but she lost her half entirely

Not only has she lost her half entirely, but she can also loose her own account from this that she already had. Luckily Blizzard knows that she did not know about this whole ordeal, but that is still a possibility.

Offline Cristina

Gage/Shiva trade
«Reply #14: June 26, 2007, 10:43:09 PM»
The point is, you knew she couldnt switch the characters. Now her own account is at risk, and you still have her life classics. Its only fair to give her back her classics.... I mean, I'm honestly surprised you haven't already. Since you wont compromise with anything else, then just give her the classics and resell your account elsewhere.

It was an unfair trade.

Pumpkin

Gage/Shiva trade
«Reply #15: June 26, 2007, 10:44:54 PM»
I Did NOT know she couldnt transfer the characters. Did I say I did?

Offline Mychelle

Gage/Shiva trade
«Reply #16: June 26, 2007, 10:50:01 PM»
Since you have seemed to not seen my post...

Quote from: "Mychelle"
Shiva. I remember when we were speaking awhile back, you had 'bought' that undead rogue character. And I remember telling you to be careful with shit like that because buying/selling characters/accounts can get your account completely banned. So you did sell her the account knowing that.[/b]

Offline LSD

Gage/Shiva trade
«Reply #17: June 26, 2007, 10:50:32 PM»
So... why don't you just give them back?
alts in thread, quitting

Offline Cristina

Gage/Shiva trade
«Reply #18: June 26, 2007, 10:52:04 PM»
Even if you didn't know, its only fair to just give the classics back
The fact that you are saying 'Oops, not my problem' makes you look like you don't really give a shit about the people you trade with, nevermind someone you call, or used to call, 'friend'.

Pumpkin

Gage/Shiva trade
«Reply #19: June 26, 2007, 10:52:10 PM»

Shiva. I remember when we were speaking awhile back, you had 'bought' that undead rogue character. And I remember telling you to be careful with shit like that because buying/selling characters/accounts can get your account completely banned. So you did sell her the account knowing that.[/b]

I dont bother to read your posts. You were nothing but unfair to me for hating me because I hated a friend of yours. Now if you'd see yourself out of my thread.

I was pointing out to Cristina that I did not know that she couldnt transfer characters. I knew it was very well illegal to trade accounts, as it is furcadia. Whether anyone thinks so or not. Its wrong, because youre selling furcadias PROPERTY. Anyone with common sense knows that, but as Rhia has stated. Its done 24/7

Pumpkin

Gage/Shiva trade
«Reply #20: June 26, 2007, 10:53:02 PM»
Quote from: "Cristina"
Even if you didn't know, its only fair to just give the classics back
The fact that you are saying 'Oops, not my problem' makes you look like you don't really give a shit about the people you trade with, nevermind someone you call, or used to call, 'friend'.
You're right. Its not my problem and I don't care. Its like trading someone an alt with a portrait, and magically the portrait on the alt gets cleared for whatever reason. They are the owner now, its thier problem. Not mine.

Offline Cristina

Gage/Shiva trade
«Reply #21: June 26, 2007, 10:54:44 PM»
I wouldn't want to trade with someone who doesn't really care about me, and I'm sure a lot of other people wont either :/

Pumpkin

Gage/Shiva trade
«Reply #22: June 26, 2007, 10:56:53 PM»
But me being a heartless bitch and not caring what happens to the WOW account after it was traded is in no way a scam.

Kiwi bought breed and one of the portraits on her magically got cleared, but you dont see her screaming scam.

Offline Mychelle

Gage/Shiva trade
«Reply #23: June 26, 2007, 10:59:18 PM»

I dont bother to read your posts. You were nothing but unfair to me for hating me because I hated a friend of yours. Now if you'd see yourself out of my thread.

I was pointing out to Cristina that I did not know that she couldnt transfer characters. I knew it was very well illegal to trade accounts, as it is furcadia. Whether anyone thinks so or not. Its wrong, because youre selling furcadias PROPERTY. Anyone with common sense knows that, but as Rhia has stated. Its done 24/7

If you dont bother to read my posts that is proving yourself to be ignorant.

And I would have hoped by now you would have realized why I was mad at you in the first place over that ordeal. Still seems your making up your own conclusions on that matter. But lets stick with the topic of the thread please.

Furcadia is much different from WoW I am afraid. While Furcadia is extremely lenient with knowing we trade names for money, WoW on the other hand is completely different. Which you already knew before you sold her the account. And since I know that I told you before this was how accounts got banned, you figured you'd sell the account anyways knowing what might happen. You simply did not care what would happen to Mask as long as you got your end of the deal. Seems to me like you did not use common sense yourself.

Offline Cristina

Gage/Shiva trade
«Reply #24: June 26, 2007, 10:59:30 PM»
Its not entirely the same situation. In fact, its not the same situation at all. People trade ported alts knowing someone can clear the ports. Rhi wanted the account so she could transfer the character. If she knew she couldnt, I'm sure she wouldnt have traded.

If you were at all decent, you would just trade back. But its clear that greed is higher than morals in your standards.