supersaver

Author Topic: Possible Scam by "Caathey"  (Read 1538 times)

Offline Rastafarian

• Topic Author
  • I break the rules and eat my boogers.
  • Owned | Wanted
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Banned!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
    Badges: (View All)
    Third year Anniversary Level 4 Second year Anniversary
Possible Scam by "Caathey"
«: July 11, 2012, 11:22:23 PM»
(Oi, have to retype everything because the page randomly refreshed more than halfway through typing everything... >> )

Anyways! I just wanted to warn others of the user Caathey, on FAM.
I posted a thread about selling a Runescape account for 40$.
She PMed me about it and told me to contact her on MSN. So I added her on MSN and it took a few days for us to both be online at the same time to talk about it. Finally, we began to discuss the price and method of payment. She said she would pay PayPal. I preferred dragonscales because I've been having alot of trouble with my paypal lately. I asked if she would purchase 40 dragonscales off of the digomarket instead of paypal, because it would be a lot easier, and the same price on her end. She refused because she said she wasn't familiar with the digomarket and didn't want to use something she wasn't familiar with. I tried to tell her I'd walk her through it, it's really simple but she didn't want to. I finally gave in and decided to give PayPal a try. I told her that I'll give her all the account information after I receive the payment. She said she wasn't comfortable with sending the money first. I wasn't really comfortable with sending the account info first, either, but I figured the trade wouldn't happen if I didn't send it. So I decided to trust her; big mistake. I forked over the account info and she asked about PIN numbers and security questions; which there were none on the account. She said she sent the money but it would take a few hours to a few days for me to receive it because she sent it through her bank account or something like that.
I thought that was a little weird but decided to trust her.
After 3 days, and no money, still, I tried to contact her again when I saw her online MSN. She didn't respond and soon went offline when I simply sent a "Hello!".
It's been about a week since I handed over the account information and she hasn't logged into MSN since I last messaged her. I still don't have the money and there is no way for me to retrieve the runescape account.

I understand that this was completely my fault but this user is still a scammer and other sellers should be aware.

EDIT: Also, wanted to add that she last logged into FAM today! :(
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 11:24:27 PM by Skiploom »

Offline Unicorn

Re: Possible Scam by "Caathey"
«Reply #1: July 14, 2012, 08:47:35 PM»
I really dont think anything can be done about this. If anything, you should have at least told her to send half the payment and then you'd give her SOME account info and then when she sends the other half, you give her the rest of the info.

Or not have done the deal in the first place.
Sorry though! I wish I could help moar.

Offline RIKKI

«Reply #2: July 14, 2012, 09:21:22 PM»
The OP is aware that nothing can really be done about their situation, and is posting this thread as a warning.

If you have nothing relevant to add to the thread (this includes parroting the OP), please refrain from posting.

Offline Flerr

«Reply #3: November 12, 2012, 11:20:15 AM»
If you don't have a credit card hooked up to a paypal account you have to wait up to five days for a payment to go through. It's really annoying but I had to deal with it whilst I waited for my credit card to come through the mail.   So maybe she isn't scamming you?  It might just take a bit.  But the information provided about waiting a few days is true.

I would say any longer after 7 days is when you start to worry about a scam.

Offline RIKKI

«Reply #4: November 12, 2012, 01:18:06 PM»
This thread is from July and hasn't seen an update since. It's been well over the seven days you claim she needs to wait.

If OP has any updates, PM a mod to unlock your thread.

supersaver