supersaver

Author Topic: Ira / Ira Invidia paypal chargeback  (Read 1792 times)

Offline Schwarz

Ira / Ira Invidia paypal chargeback
«: June 05, 2012, 08:55:07 PM»
May 21, 2012; Ira sent me $20 via Paypal ($19.12 after the fee removal) in exchange for life classic wings. These were traded using the secure trade feature, so at least there are logs.

June 2, 2012; Chargeback filed and $20 was removed from my Paypal account, leaving me in the negative since, well.. I already used it for vacation expenses.

I'm opening a dispute with Paypal and I guess I'll have to contact guardians about the trade logs? Just a warning, as I don't know if it may have any connection to the other recent chargeback cases.

Offline Zim

Re: Ira / Ira Invidia paypal chargeback
«Reply #1: June 05, 2012, 10:05:21 PM»
Have you contacted Ira about it yet?

I'm only mean out of necessity.

Offline RIKKI

«Reply #2: June 05, 2012, 10:14:15 PM»
I suspect Ira is aware of what they've done.
They have not logged on since the first thread claiming they charged back another user here.

According to that thread, they have been unresponsive to other people they've scammed.

Offline Schwarz

«Reply #3: June 06, 2012, 12:20:26 PM»
Yes, I've tried leaving whispers online. She hasn't responded to them yet.

Is there a particular guardian I should contact about getting the trade logs so that I can send them to Paypal? Or mayhap to see about getting my wings back?

Offline Kamose

«Reply #4: June 06, 2012, 02:15:00 PM»
Is there a particular guardian I should contact about getting the trade logs so that I can send them to Paypal? Or mayhap to see about getting my wings back?
There's no guarantee that you can get your wings back, since these transactions are not supported by DEP, but I would write to [email protected] with the following information:

• The names of the characters involved
  • The approximate date/time of the transaction
  • A summary of the agreement between you and the other player
  • When you received notice of the chargeback
  • The attempts that you have made to resolve this with the other player
  • Any relevant Furcadia logs
  • Copies of relevant PayPal records

Quote from: Cironir
Please note that players who scam other furres will still have their accounts closed. We continue with our firm stance against players who steal from other community members. What we can't do, though, is to fix "gone bad" trades involving Paypal payments (or any other outside-of-Furcadia goods and currencies) as we don't have the means or authority to handle such cases. If Paypal trades go wrong, you must contact Paypal and work with them. Scams should still be reported to us so that thieves and con artists can be dealt with.

The safest method is really to just use the secure trading commands and trade items for other items or scales. This way all your trades will be properly recorded by the server and you enjoy a high degree of protection. And, if something goes wrong, you will have our full support.

Offline Schwarz

«Reply #5: June 29, 2012, 05:31:46 PM»
So, as of now, Paypal opened an investigation (we'll see how that goes) and I e-mailed guardians regarding my wings a few weeks ago. My account is now -$40.00 (with the chargeback fees) and my wings have not been returned, nor have I heard from anybody about the situation.

At what point should I just make a nuisance of myself and whisper beekins/guardians? I have logs, screenshots, and other people who have been scammed by this person to vouch that I'm not being petty, hurhur.

Offline Eevee

«Reply #6: June 29, 2012, 06:33:46 PM»
Whispering beekins/guardians won't do anything for your situation

They are there solely to regulate in-game activity such as people swearing in E8-rated areas or people blocking walking-access to a dream.

Your best bet is to email [email protected] if you haven't already.
If you have, if its been awhile, perhaps send another one inquiring about the status of your situation.

Offline Kamose

«Reply #7: June 30, 2012, 02:25:04 PM»
At what point should I just make a nuisance of myself and whisper beekins/guardians? I have logs, screenshots, and other people who have been scammed by this person to vouch that I'm not being petty, hurhur.

Volunteer Beekins (including Guardians) cannot help you with this. Furthermore, pestering DEP is not likely to work in your favor either.

Quote from: Felorin
As a further note, if you choose to buy Digos from other players using Paypal against our recommendation, please be aware that DEP cannot help in any way should this deal go badly. You should also be aware that Paypal will not help if you use the "gift" option to transfer money over Paypal. This means that your only course of action if someone does a bad deal with you is to sue the person you bought the item from, using the US legal system. This also means that if the person you are buying from is from another country, it is even more difficult to get your money back.

Again, we highly recommend only using DragonScales or buying directly from Digo Market, especially for higher priced items where the risk is greatest.

Quote from: Cironir
Please note that players who scam other furres will still have their accounts closed. We continue with our firm stance against players who steal from other community members. What we can't do, though, is to fix "gone bad" trades involving Paypal payments (or any other outside-of-Furcadia goods and currencies) as we don't have the means or authority to handle such cases. If Paypal trades go wrong, you must contact Paypal and work with them. Scams should still be reported to us so that thieves and con artists can be dealt with.

The safest method is really to just use the secure trading commands and trade items for other items or scales. This way all your trades will be properly recorded by the server and you enjoy a high degree of protection. And, if something goes wrong, you will have our full support.

Offline Schwarz

«Reply #8: August 02, 2012, 03:37:16 PM»
Long story short, Paypal ruled in her favour on all of these chargebacks. You would think they'd be suspicious of so many disputes for one person, but I digress. I'm not paying the fees and they can close my account if need be. Ira/Dogpuke/whatever else has apparently gone MIA after all this, but I wouldn't be surprised if she resurfaces sometime, so I suppose this is left as a warning.

No word from Furc regarding my wings or even just to get the trade logs. Go fucking figure.

supersaver