supersaver

Author Topic: Alt stolen!  (Read 1176 times)

RIMMY

• Topic Author
Alt stolen!
«: April 15, 2012, 07:12:12 PM»
i don't alt trade. I'm a non trader but my friend said i should make an account and post this thread. I can't log on to rimmy it says the password has been changed....and I never gave my password to anyone or shared the alt. No one ever logged on rimmy but me. WHATS going on? :(

Offline Exmortis

Re: Alt stolen!
«Reply #1: April 15, 2012, 07:41:30 PM»
Check the do you think your alt is hacked section.

Did it expire?

Do you share your computer?

Have you tried the password retrieval?

Offline RIKKI

«Reply #2: April 15, 2012, 09:57:50 PM»

RIMMY

• Topic Author
«Reply #3: April 16, 2012, 07:22:01 PM»
i don't share my computer.

It's lifered, so it can't expire.

I tried the password retrieval. It's not on my email O.O

Offline Zim

«Reply #4: April 16, 2012, 07:25:11 PM»
Please keep in mind we require you to have contact with the guardians to have an open thread on a theft.

If you are making an alert here, you need to contact the Guardians on Furcadia or by e-mail at [email protected]
a.   You must attempt to actually solve the problem; FAM cannot and will not solve the problems for you.

Since you did not mention, have you contacted the guardians about the situation yet, and have you checked the thread Rikki posted?

I'm only mean out of necessity.

RIMMY

• Topic Author
«Reply #5: April 16, 2012, 08:00:26 PM»
Please keep in mind we require you to have contact with the guardians to have an open thread on a theft.

If you are making an alert here, you need to contact the Guardians on Furcadia or by e-mail at [email protected]
a.   You must attempt to actually solve the problem; FAM cannot and will not solve the problems for you.

Since you did not mention, have you contacted the guardians about the situation yet, and have you checked the thread Rikki posted?

I shall do that now! Never had this  happen so yeah T-T

Offline Kamose

«Reply #6: April 17, 2012, 01:48:06 AM»
I shall do that now!

Please be sure to include the following information when you write to Cironir ([email protected]):
  • The name(s) of your main character(s): this is used to verify identity.
  • The name of the compromised character.
  • How you obtained the character.
  • If you created the character, the address to which it was registered when you created it.
  • When you were last able to log into the character.
  • The names of anyone that you have reason to believe might have changed your password, and if so, why.
  • The names of your most recent alt trading partners.
  • Whether you have ever shared your password (for any character) with another player, and if so, with whom.
  • Whether you used the same password for multiple characters. (Don't disclose your actual password, just whether it was the same as your password for other alts; it helps to know any factors that might have put your characters at risk.)
  • Whether you share a computer with any other Furcadia players.
  • Whether the compromised character had any Digos on it, and if so, which Digos.

RIMMY

• Topic Author
«Reply #7: April 20, 2012, 10:43:47 AM»
I got it back! I found out I had forgot to remove the furcadia folder with my ini in it from my flash drive before lending it to a friend. It's not happening again. Thanks guys!

supersaver