supersaver

Author Topic: Anouk--CSS thief  (Read 366 times)

Offline FAZ

Anouk--CSS thief
«: March 28, 2012, 05:00:23 PM»
Anouk--CSS thief
28 March 2012, 3:03 pm

The alt Anouk within Yellowstone, which is uploaded in the AI, has ripped coding from the same site of mine two times now, both times without seeking my permission. Unfortunately, I do not have documentation of the first incident, but I do have of the second. The fact that she has done it twice removes the excuse of "I'm just learning how to code" (which is a terrible excuse in and of itself and excuses nothing) because she has done it again after I had personally made it known that it was not okay for her to use my coding. Another alt of hers is Calla, although I have not seen it online in some time.

This is my site:

And this is her site.

Notice that the font colors are exactly the same, and as anyone with even a rudimentary understanding of HTML can tell you, it is practically impossible to guess the exact HTML color code without going in and copying it. The text CSS is exactly the same in both font and size. The header CSS is identical as well (font family, color, shadow color), with the only difference being the size.

I have already notified the appropriate people about it, and as I type this she is probably in the process of changing her site. My only reason for posting this is so that others can keep an eye out. Again, this is the second time I have had a problem with her stealing my code, so I'd rather not stand by and give her the opportunity to do it again to me or someone else.

Edit: So far, after being asked to change the site, all she did was change the color of the text.

Source: Furcadia Art Zone - Art Alerts

Please visit Furcadia Art Zone for additional information.