supersaver

Author Topic: Tuxedo Mask Chargeback (FAM user Kev)  (Read 1105 times)

Offline Cougar

Tuxedo Mask Chargeback (FAM user Kev)
«: February 15, 2012, 04:25:23 PM»
On December 1, 2011 I was whispered in-game by Tuxedo Mask interested in buying Ounce & Pound. A deal was struck for $5 PayPal and I started to go set up the passwords, but they alerted me they didn't have the money yet, had to finish a commission, and would let me know when they had payment ready.

December 11, 2011 Tuxedo Mask whispered me again, ready to pay. I set up and sent the passwords, received payment, and everything went on its merry way.

This morning, February 15, I received a notification from PayPal stating I had a dispute opened by the address Tuxedo Mask paid through. Logged in, checked it out, turns out they had recently decided it was an unauthorized payment.

I know it's not their parents' account because it's registered under their real name, which just so happens to be one they alt with in-game. Additionally, the domain their e-mail is registered to (fazart.org) is Tuxedo Masks's personal site, complete with more than one Furcadia-related page locatable through google, including listing and pictures of alts.

I've sent multiple pieces of evidence to PayPal, as well as underlining virtual services rendered, but it hasn't been reviewed by PayPal yet. The weird thing is, it was sent as a gift and not a payment, so I didn't think they could open a dispute to begin with. I've attempted to contact the user twice today - once just before they logged out this morning (unsure whether my whisper sparked the logoff) and again about twenty minutes ago, when they logged back on. Not surprisingly, they have yet to respond.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 04:27:21 PM by Cougar »
DINGO SALES!
$20 MF Uni, $15 Triwing, $20 Wyrmme, $10 Pookie, $10 Catling, $10 Parotu, ++

An Assload of Amazing Alts, All Available ASAP!
No price listed in the main post? Hit me up with $5 $1 and we've got a DEAL!

Offline Tyto

Re: Tuxedo Mask Chargeback (FAM user Kev)
«Reply #1: February 22, 2012, 06:12:53 AM»
This guy seemed rather fishy when he contacted me about Owl. He offered a large sum of money for the alt, but I denied it since Owl wasn't for sale. After that, he even contacted a friend of mine for his alt and offered the same amount or maybe even more, but I believe he also didn't accept the offer. I think he might have just went around the entire map offering money on people's alts.

Offline Cougar

Re: Tuxedo Mask Chargeback (FAM user Kev)
«Reply #2: February 25, 2012, 03:50:35 PM»
PayPal ruled in my favor.

Tuxedo Mask never responded to my attempts to contact, despite multiple attempts through different alts. I camped out watching him in his dream for several days but he was hardly ever active. I know he's read this thread as I saw his FAM username show up as viewing it at least twice on the Who's Online list.

Presumably he tried to pull something, got caught, and just wants it to quietly go away now. Beware this user.
DINGO SALES!
$20 MF Uni, $15 Triwing, $20 Wyrmme, $10 Pookie, $10 Catling, $10 Parotu, ++

An Assload of Amazing Alts, All Available ASAP!
No price listed in the main post? Hit me up with $5 $1 and we've got a DEAL!