supersaver

Author Topic: Neiva & Attraction Hacked  (Read 1010 times)

Offline Exalted

Neiva & Attraction Hacked
«: February 08, 2012, 04:08:46 PM»
Recently, Attraction and Neiva have been hacked.
Their passwords and emails have been changed (not by the owner).
The alts are NO LONGER ACCESSIBLE by the owner. It has been reported.

However:

If you see someone trying to sell the digo's on these characters.
PLEASE DO NOT BUY THEM. Report it if you can. Thank you!

Offline Zim

I'm only mean out of necessity.

Offline Exalted

Re: Neiva & Attraction Hacked
«Reply #2: February 08, 2012, 04:18:48 PM»
Do you think your alt was hacked?
How to keep your characters secure.

I have read through the, "Do you think your alt was hacked," and she definitely was. All those steps have been covered and understood. No the password was not simple.

1.) No one hacked Furcadia to specifically get on your alt.

Yes the alts were hacked

2.) More than likely it was a small misstep on your end. Those who we like to claim as hacking an alt may have gotten lucky in finding an error.

No. There was no error. We have even checked the email to make sure that the characters were still there and they are not.

3.) Always make sure you didn't accept any password changes.

No password changes were accepted.

4.) Was the alt set to your email?

Yes.

5.) Do your alts all have the same password? Is your password to easy: Dog, House, Bob, etc. If so, change them. Sometimes when you trade a person may try the password you gave them on other alts of yours. However, multiple passwords will not matter for long. Once the account system is in place you will have one password for your account of alts.

They do not have a same or easy password.

6.) Do a virus scan. More than likely if you have an invader directly after your Furcadia files they have used a trojan. If you need help with trojan removal, please ask.

Virus scan has been completed. None were found.

7.) Try a Password Request.

We did, however, because the alts were sent to a DIFFERENT email; the original one is no longer getting the passwords.

8.) Did or does anyone know your password to either your alt (were you sharing the alt with anyone?) or your email account?

No. No one else knew the password.

9.) Does anyone else use the computer you play Furcadia on?

No.

10.) Maybe your alt expired.

The alts have not expired.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 04:25:51 PM by Exalted »

Offline GAGA

«Reply #3: February 08, 2012, 04:32:21 PM»
Then you're SOL.
FAM can't do anything to help you aside from provide those guidelines.

No one just 'hacks' an alt out of the blue without intent. People really believe they've been hacked until they retrace their steps and realize it was an error on their part caused them to lose an alt.

If you CREATED the alts and have PROOF you might have a shot but you need to email furcadia.
If you traded for them, I reiterate, you're SOL.

Contact Alts: Gaga | Rikki

Offline Exalted

«Reply #4: February 08, 2012, 04:37:15 PM»
Then you're SOL.
FAM can't do anything to help you aside from provide those guidelines.

No one just 'hacks' an alt out of the blue without intent. People really believe they've been hacked until they retrace their steps and realize it was an error on their part caused them to lose an alt.

If you CREATED the alts and have PROOF you might have a shot but you need to email furcadia.
If you traded for them, I reiterate, you're SOL.

As I said.
It has been reported.

It is posted on FAM because the alts have digo's that can be sold.
It's on here to tell people NOT to buy those digo's / alts

The alts were NOT sold or traded.

---

Hacking on the internet happens,
and it happens on furcadia.
It is a fact of life that people are
usually in denial about. Please stop
living in a fantasy world where you believe
that hacking NEVER happens.

It does.
And this is a case of it.

All the steps have been followed to try and get the alts back,
but right now it's dead in the water until the guardians get in contact.
I'm just asking people to not buy the digo's and/or alts
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 04:43:25 PM by Exalted »

Offline GAGA

«Reply #5: February 08, 2012, 04:42:53 PM»
Hop off the attitude express, Princess, I'm just giving it to you straight.
Because this site is basically powerless to do anything unless the alts have shown up here for sale, which they have not.

This is just a warning post, and sure we'll keep an eye out.

Also you've misinterpreted my post.
Did you MAKE the alts or did you TRADE for the alts?
Do you have PROOF OF PURCHASING THE DIGOS?

That will be a big help to you/put the nail in your coffin if you calmed down for two seconds.

Also hacking furcadia to get some, imo, invaluable alts would take a ridiculous amount of time and effort, just like it would for hacking ANYTHING as basic as an e-mail address.

The most common 'hack' happens when you trade for an alt and never change the original password and email.
That isn't hacking.

That's being careless.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 04:46:05 PM by rikki »

Contact Alts: Gaga | Rikki

Offline Exalted

«Reply #6: February 08, 2012, 07:55:47 PM»
The alts were not traded for.
There is proof of the digo purchases.

The alts are not invaluable when they have expensive life digo's on them.

Offline Jemindra

«Reply #7: February 09, 2012, 11:41:20 PM»
OI GIRLFRIEND!

This is Yoshino, btw. xD

When exactly did you notice you was hacked? Seen Neiva log on a few times on Feb 8th.
(15:56:43) Neiva is now online.
(15:59:13) Neiva has logged out.

Was this before or after?

Haven't seen Attraction log on yet but I'll keep an eye out for you. Just a heads up.

Offline </3

«Reply #8: February 10, 2012, 04:35:52 PM»
Rikki is right, lifers aren't that expensive or valuble anymore, and the names aren't that good.
It's not any help that you're jumping to conclusions.
Basilisk  ||  Lesly   ||  Ravetastic

Shinobi

«Reply #9: February 10, 2012, 08:07:56 PM»
They have lost two valuable alts to them, and wish information on them back. Almost every thread is in this to procure details to perhaps where they ended up and what happened. The fact that Rikki continues posting irrelevant information to the main subject (Neiva & Attraction) is actually offensive. They seem to have gone through the proper channels and simply want information on it, in fact they're really not even pointing fingers and calling names, like most people do. In short, perhaps if you have nothing to offer information wise, you should stay out of the thread or at least be respectful. I'd be upset if I lost something that was mine, and I'm sure you all would be to.

Offline Zim

«Reply #10: February 10, 2012, 08:12:15 PM»
They have lost two valuable alts to them, and wish information on them back. Almost every thread is in this to procure details to perhaps where they ended up and what happened. The fact that Rikki continues posting irrelevant information to the main subject (Neiva & Attraction) is actually offensive.

Actually, Rikki helped get them to divulge useful information, such as the fact that they did actually create the alts. Knowing this is a step towards resolving the issue, as stolen alts that were traded for are harder to get back into the proper owner's hands.

Also, it's not your job to tell people to keep out of a thread or enforce the rules.

On that note, please don't post unless you have something useful or relevant to add. Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 08:14:21 PM by Zim »

I'm only mean out of necessity.

Shinobi

«Reply #11: February 10, 2012, 08:13:47 PM»
They have lost two valuable alts to them, and wish information on them back. Almost every thread is in this to procure details to perhaps where they ended up and what happened. The fact that Rikki continues posting irrelevant information to the main subject (Neiva & Attraction) is actually offensive.

Actually, Rikki helped get them to divulge useful information, such as the fact that they did actually create the alts. Knowing this is a step towards resolving the issue, as stolen alts that were traded for are harder to get back into the proper owner's hands.

Also, it's not your job to tell people to keep out of a thread or enforce the rules.

Apologies then. I'll keep my mouth shut. ^^;

Offline Jemindra

«Reply #12: February 15, 2012, 07:25:20 PM»
Neiva and Attraction were returned to the original owner! I believe this can be locked and solved.