supersaver

Author Topic: Warning about user Heartache. Pretty sure they took my alt back. [RESOLVED]  (Read 1224 times)

Offline stellify

December 11th 2011: This has been resolved. Heartache contacted me and returned my alt.
Okay so I know this isn't exactly alt trading but I thought it'd be okay to report this. If not then I apologise.

I agreed to roleplay a puppy for Token and Swallow (currently owned by Heartache on here) sometime in late Sept/early Oct. They had alts all premade and people just had to be given the passwords in order to RP them. I was given the alt Bric to play. They both informed the players that the alts were now theirs. Bric was now mine. Gotta emphasize that point.
Bric was born on Halloween and we RP'd for a bit n all that. I didn't think to change the password because I really had no reason to. DISCLAIMER: I know it's a retarded move not to. I take responsibility for that.

After roughly a month some disagreements went down, I wasn't involved, all I know is that Token and Swallow agreed to no longer RP together.

Everything's normal for a week or two until today. I suddenly can't log into Bric. Token informs me that Swallow had given some sort of angry whisper the night before. I tried contacting Swallow (on their alt Churel) to see what the hell and ask why I couldn't log into Bric, but I got ignored. I say ignored because she didn't have any idle message anywhere.
There's no way it expired, I was active and RPing on it just yesterday. It was verified to my e-mail, as well. Basically the only conclusion I can draw from this is "Swallow took my alt back because of some OOC bullshit."

I'm also aware I essentially can't get Bric back via guardians because I didn't have him for 6+ months, and he didn't have ports or digos on him. Basically I just wanna let FAM know that Heartache is cool with taking other people's things when she's mad.

Edit to add: She also wanted to take back the alt of Bric's brother, Brac. Brac's player told me she demanded the alt's info from them in whisper.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 09:53:45 PM by stellify »
furc mains: akuda & letifer

Offline RIKKI

Re: Warning about user Heartache. Pretty sure they took my alt back.
«Reply #1: December 11, 2011, 12:51:45 AM»
When you changed the information, what did you change first?
Password THEN e-mail?

If so that's what would have given them access to take it back, unless you shared e-mails with them.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 12:53:16 AM by rikki »

Offline Vera!

«Reply #2: December 11, 2011, 01:02:02 AM»
Password THEN e-mail?

If so that's what would have given them access to take it back, unless you shared e-mails with them.
While they don't say whether or not they changed the email on the alt, they do state that the password was never changed. That's where the user got the access to the alt

oh maybe they do say actually! i missed that part
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 05:50:27 AM by Dee »

Offline 626

«Reply #3: December 11, 2011, 05:30:38 AM»
They do State the alt was set to their email and not Heartache's. I'd keep trying to get in touch or do a password retrieval. If you're lucky they didn't change the email and you'll be able get it back that way. I'd also add it to your pounce, see if it gets logged on. If you don't see it log in 3 months and, as you said no digo's or ports, the alt should be set to expire around that time and you'll be able to remake it... if they didn't space it or do anything to make it non-expirable.

I wish you luck getting it back though. You can still try and get in contact with Cironir, as it wasn't acquired through trading you might catch a break, if you have the logs of them just giving the alt to you, and he'll return it due to that fact. It never hurts to try, the worst you can get from him is a "no I cannot" but you'll have tried.
Online Contacts: 626, Bugs, Lokey, Breakdance and Tala

Offline :)

«Reply #4: December 11, 2011, 09:47:23 AM»
Just a head's up, this isn't the first time she's done this. She used to Rp with someone I know quite frequently, who was using an alt they were given by her. Player stops coming on for a few days, and she takes the alt back without warning. A lot of people I know refuse to interact with her ICly because of how clingy she gets, and the imminent actions she takes once someone decides that they've had enough.

Offline stellify

«Reply #5: December 11, 2011, 10:20:20 AM»
Password THEN e-mail?

I changed the e-mail to my own, but didn't change the password. I didn't get a notification about a password change request, so Heartache must have changed my e-mail before nicking the alt back.

They do State the alt was set to their email and not Heartache's. I'd keep trying to get in touch or do a password retrieval. If you're lucky they didn't change the email and you'll be able get it back that way.
Thanks for the good wishes~ I also did a password retrieval when I couldn't log into him, and got no e-mail in my inbox. Contacting Cironir is a good idea though, I totally forgot that was an option because I thought he was mostly for when money is involved.

Also apparently Heartache was demanding to the player of Bric's brother, Brac, that they hand over their alt info to her that night. She wanted to take Brac back as well. Niiiiice.

Offline Salvador

«Reply #6: December 11, 2011, 12:45:11 PM»
Because there are a lot of questions about this, allow me to clear things up, since the problem was with me.

Though I was online several times a week, I was not able to be active enough to satisfy Heartache. Thus she decided to close off RP and communication with me, informing me that she had no interest in playing Swallow any longer, and I could invent an IC story to explain it, whatever I needed. I was specifically told that Bric and Brac's players could keep the alts that she and I had created together.

About two weeks went by without word.

A few nights ago without warning, Heartache signed on to Bric -- I assume for the purpose of changing the e-mail address back to hers. She then retrieved the password (which I immediately changed myself when I realized what she was doing), and then switched the password to one only she knew. So yes, she did intentionally alter the e-mail, and then used it to retrieve a password she did not know for the purpose of stealing the alt. Not only do I have logs of her forfeiting ownership that was never hers to begin with, but I was personally involved with the creation of the names which were a play off of my own alt.

This was an act of revenge, exacted on Stellify who was not even involved in the feud. Her reason, and I quote was, "you hurt me, so I am now going to hurt you."

Hope that clears up any questions anyone has.

Offline stellify

«Reply #7: December 11, 2011, 09:51:32 PM»
So, I see Bric log on, and Heartache whispered me while on him:
12/11/11 23:12:28 Bric: However, since then, a very near and dear friend to me has really sat me down and made me think about my actions. And I have come to realize how upset I would have been had the tables been turned. You did not deserve to have your character taken from you, especially considering my intent was to punish Myste for her inactivity, and you were by far the most active.

Bric is now back in my possession. This is resolved.
Whisper posted with permission.