supersaver

Author Topic: Happy Holidays!  (Read 1146 times)

Offline Narnia

Happy Holidays!
«: December 04, 2011, 02:20:06 PM»
Happy Holidays to everyone!

As many of you know, FAM started as a small side project by Creative/Spyware back in 2005. At that time he thought maybe there would be 100 users listing 1,000 alts total. Fortunately for us, he was way off! In just these few short years, FAM has had over 18,700 accounts created which have combined to list and relist over 340,000 alts.

With the enormous popularity of FAM, I worked on creating FAZ. As hard as it is for me to believe, that was  4 years ago! To date, FAZ has had over 6,800  accounts created which have combined to upload over 23,500 pieces of art and which have shared over 575 patches, dreams, and free portraits with others via the patch archive. Those shared filed have been downloaded over 358,000 times.

So why does all of this matter? Because despite the claims on Furcadia’s forums that Furcadia is dying I have only ever continued to see both FAM and FAZ grow and thrive. But that means that we are constant struggling to cover our hosting and bandwidth expenses. While many users have been able to make hundreds or thousands of dollars themselves using FAM or FAZ, I remain committed to never charging you for the sites use. But this means that I need your help!

FAM and FAZ combine on a monthly basis to use approximately 40+ GB of bandwidth in addition to needing over 5GB, and growing, of storage space! We’ve recently made some upgrades to our hosting to continue to handle this without interruption, but I continue to need your donations to operate this site for free! As always, if you make a donation of $25 or more, I will make you a permanent site sponsor which removed all of the ads from your viewing experience.

Thank you again to each and every one of you that have contributed to the sites in the past and I look forward to your help and contributions moving forward.

Sincerely,
Matt Hirschfelt
“Narnia”
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Alt Market, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

supersaver