supersaver

Author Topic: Character name retrieval?  (Read 606 times)

Offline Atroxi

Character name retrieval?
«: December 02, 2011, 08:59:15 AM»
I know at one point I was linked to a site to check character names, since when trying  to do multiple names with the character creator it eventually just starts telling you every name you try is taken, no matter how ridiculous of a name it is. IE, just random numbers and letters all mashed together. I was just wondering if anyone else knew of this? I've checked all over furcadia's website and cannot find the page.

Offline Shimmer

Re: Character name retrieval?
«Reply #1: December 02, 2011, 09:59:03 AM»
Hi, Atroxi!

I'm not sure I've ever seen a service specifically designed to check the availability of character names (although I could simply have missed it--anyone know anything about this?  :).

The Character INI File Retrieval Service wasn't designed for this, but it allows you to check the availability of names, in a way: if you enter a character name that's taken, you'll get a message saying the password did not match.  If the character doesn't exist, you'll get a message saying that no characters with that name could be found.

(Same goes for any Furcadia web service that might return a "Character Not Found".)

Offline Atroxi

Re: Character name retrieval?
«Reply #2: December 05, 2011, 10:20:27 AM»
That was definitely it. :3 I know it wasn't designed for that use...but it's helpful. I forget where I first stumbled upon it, I do believe it was someone else into making alts who gave me the link in the first place...I just wanted to be sure I wasn't going crazy and dreamed up the whole thing. Thank you.

supersaver