supersaver

Author Topic: The future of FAM after our slowness this morning!  (Read 1210 times)

Offline Narnia

The future of FAM after our slowness this morning!
«: October 28, 2011, 09:22:14 PM»
Hello faithful FAM users!

You may or may not have noticed the downtime and intermittent slowness that we experienced this morning on the site. Basically, FAM (along with FAZ) has outgrown its shared hosting environment and I am in the process of relocating the site to a new hosting package as soon as possible.

However, this does not come without a significant increase to my monthly server expenses. As such, I am now reaching out to the community to make donations to the site so that I can continue to provide you with the same level of accessibility and service that you have come to expect since March of 2005 when the site was launched.

I have enjoyed providing FAM to you for free since I took over in early 2008 and I would like to continue doing so for as long as possible. As such donations of any amount can be sent via PayPal to [email protected]. Any donation of $25 or more will come with a permanent sponsor status here on FAM which will remove all advertisements from the site during your visits. (If you send a donation of $25 of more, send me a PM with your e-mail address so I can get you set up right away!)

I hope that you can find a few extra dollars to help keep one of your favorite sites running. Your support is appreciated and I hope that you continue to enjoy using the site.

Sincerely,
Matt Hirschfelt
“Narnia”
FAM Owner
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Alt Market, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Offline Narnia

Re: The future of FAM after our slowness this morning!
«Reply #1: October 30, 2011, 04:17:54 PM»
A huge thank you to Lobsel Vith, Julie, disducibus who have made donations to this site so far! Every donation helps to assure that FAM will be here as as long as Furcadia (or longer!).
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Alt Market, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

supersaver