supersaver

Author Topic: Nekorage  (Read 1038 times)

Offline Adachi

Nekorage
«: August 05, 2011, 03:54:39 PM»
Okay so, I'm selling/trading my alt Dreameater and some art for another alt with Loveable at FAM.

Today I was doing my 'log into every alt so they won't expire'- day and once I got to Dreameater, I got the message that my password is invalid. Not much freak out yet, tried again few times for nothing. But I'm sure that it can't expire because I logged onto her two weeks ago.
I was sure that I haven't given my passwords to anyone else than my girlfriend, who hasn't touched Furc in months.
Emailed guardians, but of course, didn't get any kind of response from them yet.
I was very upset, because there was someone who wanted that alt really bad.

So I put Dreameater on my Pounce and went to the town.
After I come back I saw Dreameater log on and went to whisper them.

08/05/11 13:15:19 Macaron: Hello
08/05/11 13:17:13 Dreameater: yo
08/05/11 13:17:40 Macaron: I would like to know where did you get this alt ?
08/05/11 13:17:52 Dreameater: it was a gift from friend, why?
08/05/11 13:19:07 Macaron: Well, because your 'friend' seems to be hacker. This is my alt, I never gave her away to anyone. I was trading it to someone else and I'm afraid they're going to be upset about this. :/
08/05/11 13:20:29 Dreameater: what, really? that sucks man
08/05/11 13:20:54 Macaron: Who is this your friend ? Is there anyway I could get this alt back...?
08/05/11 13:22:03 Dreameater: his alt is nekorage. im sorry this happened to you.
08/05/11 13:22:47 Dreameater: i dunno, i like this alt. but if it was stolen, i can give it to you. do you have any evidence that it really is your alt? :b
08/05/11 13:24:31 Macaron: I have the ini file... That's all.
08/05/11 13:25:04 Macaron: V3.0 character Colors=t.+E;18%647%'$ Name=Dreameater Password=************ Desc= Logins=35 LastLogin=1310465200
08/05/11 13:25:46 Macaron: I can give you screenie too, if needed.
08/05/11 13:26:35 Dreameater: no need
08/05/11 13:27:01 Dreameater: if you can pay me 5gd to move my rabben away?
08/05/11 13:27:46 Macaron: Okay..
08/05/11 13:28:22 Macaron: Mind if I post this to my FAM thread for evidence ?
08/05/11 13:29:11 Dreameater: go ahead

I got Dreameater back and changed all my alts passwords.
I'm currently trying to catch up this Nekorage person.
Any info is appreciated. :/

selling alts / selling furc items

Offline RIKKI

Re: Nekorage
«Reply #1: August 05, 2011, 04:09:39 PM»
Curious.
Did you make dreameater, did you buy it from Nekorage or some other user?

It's extremely possible that the alt may have expired on you due to negligence?
And that you may have just taken the alt from someone who really had gotten it from a friend who remade it?

that's one thing.

There's also the generic 'hacked alt' questions which are part of the stickies. If the alt was traded to you, did you follow the exact guidelines provided?

I'm not trying to be rude or anything, simply curious about the situation since it's not very specific other than your routine.

Offline Adachi

«Reply #2: August 05, 2011, 04:24:18 PM»
Curious.
Did you make dreameater, did you buy it from Nekorage or some other user?

It's extremely possible that the alt may have expired on you due to negligence?
And that you may have just taken the alt from someone who really had gotten it from a friend who remade it?

that's one thing.

There's also the generic 'hacked alt' questions which are part of the stickies. If the alt was traded to you, did you follow the exact guidelines provided?

I'm not trying to be rude or anything, simply curious about the situation since it's not very specific other than your routine.

I'm very sorry if this post doesn't specify everything ! I tried to write everything as good as possible (haha not good with English, sorry about that).
I created alt Dreameater somewhere last year and I never traded it to anyone.
But I'm pretty sure it didn't expire on me. :/

No no, you don't sound rude at all, I understand.

Offline RIKKI

«Reply #3: August 05, 2011, 04:31:18 PM»
Did you check the date of creation on Dreameater once you got it back to confirm its the same as the date you create it?

Offline Zim

«Reply #4: August 05, 2011, 04:32:54 PM»
IIRC, Furcadia changed how expirations work, where you have to log onto an alt more than a couple minutes every few months to keep it.

Did you check your email for an expiration notice? Do you have further proof besides just an ini that you own/owned it? Inis don't mean a thing, since they stay on your computer, even if an alt expires or you sell it, until you remove it manually.

Also: http://altmarket.net/index.php?topic=2734.0
http://altmarket.net/index.php?topic=14253.0

I'm only mean out of necessity.

Offline Adachi

«Reply #5: August 05, 2011, 04:57:09 PM»
Did you check the date of creation on Dreameater once you got it back to confirm its the same as the date you create it?

Just did and it's the same.
Created on: 2010-12-19/15:20:34/Sun

IIRC, Furcadia changed how expirations work, where you have to log onto an alt more than a couple minutes every few months to keep it.

Did you check your email for an expiration notice? Do you have further proof besides just an ini that you own/owned it? Inis don't mean a thing, since they stay on your computer, even if an alt expires or you sell it, until you remove it manually.

Also: http://altmarket.net/index.php?topic=2734.0
http://altmarket.net/index.php?topic=14253.0

Nope, no expiration notices have been recieved to the email I had it set to.
I have logfiles, if they are any help ? o: here's one of the earliest: http://i52.tinypic.com/wgz5vt.jpg

Offline Zim

«Reply #6: August 05, 2011, 04:59:30 PM»
Alts still could have expired since January. Also, sometimes email providers eat Furcadia emails. The only way to really know is to contact Cironir. He can check if it legitimately expired or not.

Also, note the other part of my last post:

I'm only mean out of necessity.

Offline RIKKI

«Reply #7: August 05, 2011, 05:00:30 PM»
A screenshot of the 'info' screen of you logging onto the alt today would probably be the most solid proof here.

Offline Adachi

«Reply #8: August 05, 2011, 05:44:14 PM»
A screenshot of the 'info' screen of you logging onto the alt today would probably be the most solid proof here.

Okay, here it is: http://i51.tinypic.com/24lqvi9.jpg !

Offline Rosco

«Reply #9: August 07, 2011, 11:43:43 PM»
I'd white out the UID thing hun.. I was told that can be used to steal alts.. >_>;