supersaver

Author Topic: iFurc  (Read 2541 times)

Offline Sophia

iFurc
«: June 15, 2011, 03:36:12 PM»
Hmm, is there a way to get Furcadia app again? I desperately need Furcadia back on my iPod. Also, when is it set to come out<3

~Kaytlin or Sophia

Offline Narnia

Re: iFurc
«Reply #1: June 15, 2011, 05:44:06 PM»
Furcadia forums are that way.
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Alt Market, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Offline Glory

«Reply #2: June 15, 2011, 10:46:39 PM»
There is no way to get it from the iTunes store.
However, from what I heard - iFurc doesn't work anymore. It has a lot of people ticked off, because they bought the app just for DEP to lose all interest in maintaining the application.
I don't use this website much.

Offline Sophia

«Reply #3: June 15, 2011, 11:17:29 PM»
Oh I see.. I heard they wanted to realease it in summer, soo..
And also Nar, when I post there I tend to get responses I already know about, but atleast here I can get some sort of opinion from users. :D

~Kaytlin or Sophia

Offline Sophia

«Reply #4: June 15, 2011, 11:39:11 PM»
That's the thing, at the time I bought it, I was on my iPod and played it awhile before my iPod having to be re-installed and I lost Furcadia >.< Then it eventually broke anyway, lucky me had cover so all was well and I have my new camera iPod right now, but this meant I didn't have backup files of Furcadia or whatever, so I don't think there are any ways of getting it back.

And it's s pity it isnt hurrying up :(

~Kaytlin or Sophia

Offline Narnia

«Reply #5: June 15, 2011, 11:39:16 PM»
Reading their forums would have proven useful for you:

Quote from: Ghost Tiger
Probably too little, too late, but I'll try:

Furcadia for iPhone took a long time to get off the ground, and we were and are very proud of what we made. But as Cironir has stated, Apple removed the app due to the presence of DragonSpeak. That left us with two options: either we release Furcadia for iPhone without DragonSpeak (half a game, at that!) or find a way to implement DragonSpeak in a way that Apple allows. We spoke with Apple folks and they said we could reimplement it in JavaScript, since JS is allowed on iOS apps. Ouch. csad.gif

At the same time, Apple was introducing a new version of iOS that wasn't 100% compatible with the existing version of Furcadia for iPhone. We initially expected that to be the big stumbling block, not the DragonSpeak issue, but time makes fools of us all (mostly me cconfused.gif.) To add a final insult to injury, Apple is incredibly slow at responding to developer contact (they're a busy multi-billion-dollar company, after all!) So we didn't actually hear back from them about what they wanted us to do until, IIRC, February or March.

We're currently working on a version of DragonSpeak that routes through the WebKit JS interpreter, but this is not easy to do and we do not have the resources we had a year ago. I've had to take another job just like Felorin had to, and that leaves us with rather few folks who know their way around the DragonSpeak engine code and who have more than eight minutes per week to spare.

I know it feels like we've abandoned Furcadia for iPhone, and I can't blame anyone for feeling that way. Hell, I've been too ashamed to show my face here for months, and that certainly hasn't helped. But we haven't been ignoring you folks and we are fully committed to bringing Furcadia back to the App Store in whatever form we can. Furcadia for iPhone is still on my iPhone 4, and I hope it's still on all your iOS devices too!

Refunds

We cannot issue refunds. Apple, Inc. is the merchant of record for purchases on the App Store and refunds must be processed by them; both Ayluro and DEP are hogtied when it comes to these sorts of things. If you truly want a refund, you'll have to contact Apple, and unfortunately their policy is generally that all sales are final (plus, it's been months since you could have bought it, and most retailers cut off refunds after 30 days, Apple included.) Again, though--if you want a refund, I encourage you to contact them, but moreso I encourage you to hang tight while we keep working.

http://forums.furcadia.com/index.php?showtopic=73497&view=findpost&p=466533
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Alt Market, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

supersaver