supersaver

Author Topic: Warning: Omish  (Read 1660 times)

Offline bing

Warning: Omish
«: April 28, 2011, 11:22:37 PM»
This is just a warning so far.

About a week ago, Someone called 'Omish' whispered me about them selling portspaces, since I had been looking for one. They had lag on their side, at least from my point of view.

After a few minutes, I sent them the GD and they had told me they sent me the portspace. Then they logged off after a minute. I spent about 10 minutes waiting for the portspace that never came.

Now, I can't get the GD back since I had used gifting commands. Which is my fault.

This is just a warning. Nevermind, it seems like they are a scammer.
Just be on the look out
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 06:01:39 PM by atlas »

Offline RIKKI

Re: Warning: Omish
«Reply #1: April 29, 2011, 12:21:31 AM»
This is why it's recommended to use the secure trading commands.

Offline Sheikah

«Reply #2: April 29, 2011, 12:48:28 PM»
Generic response will probably be generic, but if you haven't contacted the guardians already you should send them a rundown of the situation and logfiles (screenshots too, if you nabbed any) associated with the incident to see if they can't help you pin this person down.

I'm not too sure about their rules concerning gifting, but since you paid in GD I would imagine they would be more willing to help you get it resolved. c:

Offline RIKKI

«Reply #3: April 29, 2011, 03:58:17 PM»
Gifting isn't hard to track either, if I remember correctly. I heard it was just more of a hassle than the secure trading and that's why they insist that the secure trades be used.

At least that's what I recall with previous misgifting incidents I dealt with.

Offline Druail

«Reply #4: April 29, 2011, 08:43:06 PM»
Omish also stole and sold an alt, that situation is still being handled by the person that bought it and the person it was stolen from. I suggest not dealing with Omish.

Offline Julie

«Reply #5: April 29, 2011, 10:38:03 PM»
Gifting isn't hard to track either, if I remember correctly. I heard it was just more of a hassle than the secure trading and that's why they insist that the secure trades be used.

At least that's what I recall with previous misgifting incidents I dealt with.

i don't think it's difficult to track either, but it IS more of a hassle. i've had countless things mis-gifted to Lord but they've always been returned to the original gifter within a day or two.

the thing with gifting is that it's when you mean to give someone a gift. as in, you don't expect anything back. omish could simply say "oh, they gave it to me as a gift, i didn't say i'd give them anything" and that would pretty much be it.

honestly i don't even feel bad for you--yeah it sucks, you lost some GD. but the trading feature was put in place for this exact reason. you could have avoided this entire situation if you used something that is put in place to protect you.

moral of the story: gift feature is meant for gifts. trade feature is meant for trades. kind of like, put the triangle peg in the triangle hole. put the square peg in the square hole.

i honestly don't know if Cironir would want to help you in this situation, considering you did use the gift feature. unless you put the message as "scales for portrait space" or something i don't think he'll be prone to believe you. i'm not even sure if furcadia keeps records of the messages attached to gifts.

anyways, best of luck getting something back. and hopefully, lesson learned.

Offline bing

«Reply #6: April 30, 2011, 12:29:40 AM»
Yeah, mostly not using the trading commands was of my own fault and I know that :V

I really don't mind if I don't get those 5 GD back, I would've been more irritated had it been over 20 GD. I guess this is just a warning, considering I can't turn back time and use the trading commands instead of gifting commands.

Offline meowthra

«Reply #7: May 09, 2011, 02:41:44 PM»
the last week of april, i also got a whisper from someone named 'omish', replying to my add about looking for port spaces. they said that they already gifted me a portrait space, and i never got it. so i kept saying "once i get the port space, i'll send you the gd then". they were very rude and kept saying "tick tock.. time is ticking!" and i was just like ugh. i never sent them any gd, but they said that they sent me 2 port spaces by acccident. so, i talked to a beekin and they said that they traded something with their alt and it worked fine... i became suspicious and just decided not to reply to them anymore. i never recieved ANY port spaces.
furcadia main PURRSEPHONE
secondary contact PM (not checked daily)

Mandi.

«Reply #8: May 26, 2011, 10:52:46 PM»
I had omish whisper me last week, asking to buy one of my lifers. They kept asking me to gift them the lifers then I get the gd. I didn't end up gifting it though.