supersaver

Author Topic: Alt Stolen - Cara (Resolved)  (Read 1121 times)

Offline Cara

Alt Stolen - Cara (Resolved)
«: March 07, 2011, 04:57:06 PM»
So, About a year ago, I had to leave Furcadia for awhile because my internet was going to be turned off for awhile. I made sure my alt, Cara, was ported and had a life foxen before I left so she didn't expire. After a few months, I asked my close and trusted friend to check if this alt was okay and she said she couldn't get on and and gave me proof that she couldn't get on. Finally, I am able to get back on and I find out that someone has hacked and sold.

Proof:
http://altmarket.net/index.php?topic=42293.msg563102#msg563102

This person use to be my friend but I never gave them my password or anything.

Can someone please help? :( I love this alt so much. I used her so much and I just want it back. I would really really really love some help.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 02:35:44 AM by Moose »

Offline ✨ waifu

Re: Alt Stolen - Cara
«Reply #1: March 07, 2011, 05:00:55 PM»
Never give people your passwords no matter what. You say this person used to be your friend, you can ask who they sold it to and if they'd work out a deal.

Offline Cara

«Reply #2: March 07, 2011, 05:01:43 PM»
They won't talk to me...

Offline RIKKI

«Reply #3: March 07, 2011, 05:02:04 PM»
http://altmarket.net/index.php?topic=2734.0
This may be of some help.
Did you create the alt, or did you get it from someone else via trade?

Offline Michelle

«Reply #4: March 07, 2011, 05:02:35 PM»
I know the current owner. I'm going to give her a text now to inform her of this thread.

.. Though I  should mention she created the alt, there was no artwork or digos on it. She had whispered me the day she made it.
It's ported now, though, and she did the artwork herself.
>>> alts for sale HERE.

Offline RIKKI

«Reply #5: March 07, 2011, 05:03:58 PM»
If what Michelle says is true, then your 'friend' stole the digos off the alt and let it expire.

Since someone recreated it, there is nothing you can do to get it back.
That is, unless the current owner wants to sell it.

Offline Spud

«Reply #6: March 07, 2011, 05:05:00 PM»

Never give people your passwords no matter what. You say this person used to be your friend, you can ask who they sold it to and if they'd work out a deal.

HERPDERP, she said she didn't give out the password.
~♥You can't always think with your heart. Your heart knows no wrong and will love through the pain. When your heart feels that pain, is when you have to be smart enough to think with your head, and be strong enough to leave with your heart in one piece♥~

Offline Cara

«Reply #7: March 07, 2011, 05:05:47 PM»
Ugh... Okay.
Thank you.

Offline ✨ waifu

«Reply #8: March 07, 2011, 05:08:04 PM»

HERPDERP, she said she didn't give out the password.

"I asked my close and trusted friend to check if this alt was okay" - no matter what

Offline Moose

«Reply #9: March 07, 2011, 06:57:58 PM»
FAM cannot do the work for you. The Alt Alerts section is for alerting the community that something has happened, but it up to you - the victim - to do the real legwork in resolving the case. We cannot do it for you.

Think of this place as an area that assists you in the How-To's of possibly getting your alts back.

Please read our stickies about contacting the guardians and how to go about possibily getting your alt back.

Also, if you have nothing helpful or informative that can assist in resolving, do not post. Just a general warning.
Furcadia: Moose

Offline Cara

«Reply #10: March 07, 2011, 08:53:34 PM»
thank you. :]

Offline Cara

«Reply #11: March 07, 2011, 09:51:08 PM»
i got cara back.
thank you dee. :]