supersaver

Author Topic: What do you guys think?  (Read 972 times)

jaredsgo

• Topic Author
What do you guys think?
«: December 30, 2010, 09:01:20 AM»
http://technolog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2010/12/30/5735536-online-were-as-likely-to-buy-digital-goods-as-real-ones-says-study

"Online we're as likely to buy digital goods as 'real' ones, says study"

"Listen up, FarmVille fans and iTunes users: You're as likely to spend your dough on "goods" made up of digital bits on the Internet as you are to go to the Internet to buy a real-life pitchfork or a CD. And, you're in good company."

"• 11 percent have paid for members‐only premium content from a website that has other free material"

--------------------------------------------------------------------
What do you think?

Offline Ook

Re: What do you guys think?
«Reply #1: December 30, 2010, 09:37:45 AM»
true dat
seeing as i just spend about £25 on iTunes

Offline Upskirt

«Reply #2: December 31, 2010, 03:27:33 PM»
The Internet is a very good business tool and a lot of companies have taken advantage of this - 97% of Google's revenue is from GoogleAds. The fact of the matter is, if I want something, I'll buy it regardless of whether it's tangible or intangible. An item in a game I like gets just as much use to me as would a new pair of shoes or a jacket, and a pair of cute overalls to a FarmVille player is the same thing as a new dress for a five-year-old's Barbie doll.

Joel

• Topic Author
«Reply #3: January 03, 2011, 05:20:51 AM»
The Internet is a very good business tool and a lot of companies have taken advantage of this - 97% of Google's revenue is from GoogleAds. The fact of the matter is, if I want something, I'll buy it regardless of whether it's tangible or intangible. An item in a game I like gets just as much use to me as would a new pair of shoes or a jacket, and a pair of cute overalls to a FarmVille player is the same thing as a new dress for a five-year-old's Barbie doll.

Cup Ramen

• Topic Author
«Reply #4: January 03, 2011, 05:28:20 PM»
I'm honestly not that prone to buying things online... mostly because my parents don't want me to, but I would never spend more than 10-20 USD for something in a game. If I want to be a material girl (shut up I like stuff), I'll buy tangible items.

anonymous

• Topic Author
«Reply #5: February 03, 2011, 11:06:29 AM»
I now always buy digital copies of games. That way there's no annoying package to keep track of and the "CD" won't get damaged if I have to reinstall for any reason. :3

supersaver