supersaver

Author Topic: Fair trade?  (Read 763 times)

Offline Slumber

Fair trade?
«: December 06, 2010, 12:39:06 PM»
Someone I know has recently traded a life furling and an alt for a life canen. The alt itself was worth nearly 30 GD, and I told my friend that she got ripped off. She got the alt back, but the person who traded with her said that the furling alone is not the same as the canen. I personally believe that the life furling is a fair trade for a life canen. Who agrees and disagrees, and why?

Offline Sync

Re: Fair trade?
«Reply #1: December 07, 2010, 12:26:23 AM»
life furlings straight from the digo market are 75 dollars. life canens straight from the digo market are/will be 50 dollars.

recently, i see all ferian lifers for around 20 dollars on the second hand market, and see furlings sell for around 35/40 dollars (feel free to correct me anyone cause i haven't looked up furlings in a while). if you personally believe that the alt is worth 30 dollars, then this is a slightly unbalanced trade, but i would hardly consider this "ripping off".

the life canen and furling are not worth the same, and imo i think it was a dickhead move to turn around and want to reverse the trade because you/your friend suddenly decided you got ripped off. i wouldn't trade your stuff back, so i guess that person was nice enough to hand the alt back.

Offline Shimmer

Re: Fair trade?
«Reply #2: December 09, 2010, 12:22:22 AM»
I'm really sorry, but I'm having a hard time seeing why this would belong in the In-Depth Talk forum.

A discussion about the fairness of a technically "lop-sided" trade which involves trading of items with dramatically different value (based on consensus agreement, which is all that determines the value of alts and a large part of determining the value of secondhand digos), particularly given that one participating party may or may not be as informed as to the mechanics and average values involved in such trades?  Sure.  I can see that belonging here.

This, however, focuses on one specific trade with which one or more folks may have taken issue with the trade and values assigned to certain items involved in the trade.

I'm going to lock this for now.  If anyone disagrees, PM me; I'll gladly hear you out, but again, I am having a really hard time seeing why this should be here.

Thanks everyone,

-Shimmer  :)