supersaver

Author Topic: Happy Thanksgiving!  (Read 1681 times)

Offline Narnia

Happy Thanksgiving!
«: November 25, 2010, 09:45:15 AM»
I hope that everyone is having a wonderful Thanksgiving enjoying lots of good food and the company that it brings with it!

I wanted to take a few moments to tell everyone here how thankful I am for all of you. As many of you know, FAM started as a small side project by Creative/Spyware back in 2005. At that time he thought maybe there would be 100 users listing 1,000 alts total. Fortunately for us, he was way off! In just these few short years, FAM has had over 15,500 accounts created which have combined to list and relist over 320,500 alts.

With the enormous popularity of FAM, I worked on creating FAZ. As hard as it is for me to believe, that was nearly 3 years ago! My intent was to create a centralized location for people to find artists for Furcadia and for artists to be found. While I have not succeeded in all the goals I set for FAZ, I think we have done pretty well. To date, FAZ has had over 4,200 accounts created which have combined to upload nearly 20,500 pieces of art and which have shared over 750 patches, dreams, and free portraits with others via the patch archive.

So why does all of this matter? Because without all of you, neither of these sites would be possible. Since 2005 I have come to meet a lot of different people in running these sites. I have learned how work better within a team as well as leading a team. I have learned how to act (and not to act) when dealing with the public or other companies. But most of all, I have learned about all of you.

All of the sites that I now operate (and hope to operate in the future) are a direct result of what you as users have done for me. You have made suggestions for features which I have tried to implement. You have nagged me about finishing projects. You have complained when I did something wrong or unfair. You have thanked me when you liked something and you have donated to help this site remain free.

So, THANK YOU!

Remember that as we move forward I am always open to received feedback on how the sites are running, your opinion on the staff, and most importantly, what I can do to keep you coming back. So send me your comments regarding FAM, FAZ, and FIML and I will make sure to look at all the feedback.

Also remember, that none of this is possible with Furcadia. So remember to thank them for everyone that they do as well!

Sincerely,
Matt Hirschfelt
“Narnia”

"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Alt Market, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Offline Hamlet

Re: Happy Thanksgiving!
«Reply #1: May 10, 2011, 10:49:11 PM»
happy thanksgiving

supersaver