supersaver

Author Topic: why am i not able to edit my alt list?  (Read 2156 times)

wolfgear

• Topic Author
why am i not able to edit my alt list?
«: November 23, 2010, 10:18:35 PM»
it won't let me =/

Offline Cougar

Re: why am i not able to edit my alt list?
«Reply #1: November 23, 2010, 10:38:14 PM»
Same, and my sale thread is missing.
An Astonishing Armada of Awesome Alts, All Available for ASAP Acquisition!
No price listed in the main post? Hit me up with $5 and we've got a DEAL!

wolfgear

• Topic Author
«Reply #2: November 23, 2010, 10:51:48 PM»
Same, and my sale thread is missing.
so many bugs in the new layout still. hope there fixed soon because i like this layout.

Offline Narnia

«Reply #3: November 23, 2010, 11:00:55 PM»
If you sale thread had no posts in it it was locked and subsequently deleted. That has been the policy here on FAM for months due to the constant reviving of dead topics.

You couldn't edit your alt list, because I locked the database up by accident purging to many topics at one time from the database. You should be able to edit your list just fine now.

If you have other bugs to report, please let me know. I can't fix them if I don't know about them. However, I believe the site is working as intended with the few exceptions of my locking up the database the past few days trying to free up space to make the site run faster. (The database was nearing 1GB in size and needed to be reduced to maintain functionality at our current hosting site.)
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Alt Market, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

wolfgear

• Topic Author
«Reply #4: November 23, 2010, 11:07:36 PM»
If you sale thread had no posts in it it was locked and subsequently deleted. That has been the policy here on FAM for months due to the constant reviving of dead topics.

You couldn't edit your alt list, because I locked the database up by accident purging to many topics at one time from the database. You should be able to edit your list just fine now.

If you have other bugs to report, please let me know. I can't fix them if I don't know about them. However, I believe the site is working as intended with the few exceptions of my locking up the database the past few days trying to free up space to make the site run faster. (The database was nearing 1GB in size and needed to be reduced to maintain functionality at our current hosting site.)
oh ok! Thanks Narnia!

*edit* i just tried still doing the same error thing.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 11:09:51 PM by Ash. »

Offline Cougar

«Reply #5: November 24, 2010, 12:35:58 AM»
*edit* i just tried still doing the same error thing.
Same. ;(

Sorry, but you may not edit your Alt lists

Offline Narnia

«Reply #6: November 24, 2010, 06:19:24 AM»
Walk me through the steps to reproduce the error?

I have no problems adding or editing alts on my test account.
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Alt Market, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

wolfgear

• Topic Author
«Reply #7: November 24, 2010, 06:41:44 AM»
Walk me through the steps to reproduce the error?

I have no problems adding or editing alts on my test account.

if you go to profile summury and go to click to view your alts it wont let you. couger stated the exact error msg. I also noticed I can view peoples privates alts. That should only be viewed by staff not everyone, Not sure whats going on.

Offline Narnia

«Reply #8: November 24, 2010, 06:49:39 AM»
You can't view private alts anymore. I already fixed that this morning.

I'm confused about how you are trying to edit alts or add alts. Just go to Alt List -> My Alts at the top of the page and add/edit.

Adding/editing alts is exactly the same as it was on the old site. Nothing has changed in the alt list coding.

wolfgear

• Topic Author
«Reply #9: November 24, 2010, 06:50:45 AM»
You can't view private alts anymore. I already fixed that this morning.

I'm confused about how you are trying to edit alts or add alts. Just go to Alt List -> My Alts at the top of the page and add/edit.

Adding/editing alts is exactly the same as it was on the old site. Nothing has changed in the alt list coding.

Its not there for me

Offline Narnia

«Reply #10: November 24, 2010, 06:54:51 AM»

Offline Tony

«Reply #12: November 24, 2010, 07:24:12 AM»

Offline Narnia

«Reply #13: November 24, 2010, 07:35:27 AM»
I fixed the viewing permission. You should see it now when you are logged in.

wolfgear

• Topic Author
«Reply #14: November 24, 2010, 07:46:54 AM»
I fixed the viewing permission. You should see it now when you are logged in.

the top is fixed but i'm getting the same error. see --> http://oi55.tinypic.com/18mcn4.jpg

Offline Narnia

«Reply #15: November 24, 2010, 07:59:42 AM»
Walk me through everything you are doing, clicking, typing...

And you should try logging out. Clea you browser cache. Log back im.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 08:02:39 AM by Narnia »

wolfgear

• Topic Author
«Reply #16: November 24, 2010, 08:13:44 AM»
I deleted my cashe and cookies, relogged out logged back in. Went up to the top alt list --> my alt list and when i clicked that i got that error shown above i posted before.

Offline Cougar

«Reply #17: November 24, 2010, 09:35:15 AM»
These are the exact steps used to reproduce this error message for me.

Joel

• Topic Author
«Reply #18: November 24, 2010, 09:48:18 AM»
These are the exact steps used to reproduce this error message for me.
yup, same for me. checked after reading this thread cuz i've recently cleared mine too.

Offline Narnia

«Reply #19: November 24, 2010, 10:45:08 AM»
Do you get the error just by clicking the my alts link or do you get it when you click submit to add a new alt?

Offline Cadaver

«Reply #20: November 24, 2010, 11:17:39 AM»
I've got the same problem as everyone else: I click the alts thing, I get that error. I can't even see my alt list, even if I search one of my alts and click the username, then alt list.
Cadaver
Baal || Cancer || Cruel || Jeremy
Sean || Virus || Zane

Alts For Sale || FAZ Account || DeviantART || Weasyl

Offline Narnia

«Reply #21: November 24, 2010, 11:34:05 AM»
This is baffling because I can't reproduce it. Please let me know what browser you are using.

Also, I rolled back one change I made to the site last night. Please see if it resolved the problem.

Joel

• Topic Author
«Reply #22: November 24, 2010, 12:47:36 PM»
Do you get the error just by clicking the my alts link or do you get it when you click submit to add a new alt?
the my alts link.

This is baffling because I can't reproduce it. Please let me know what browser you are using.

Also, I rolled back one change I made to the site last night. Please see if it resolved the problem.
i'm using google chrome.

also, the error still appears.

edit: just noticed it does it for wanted alts too. and whenever i try to look at my trade reviews it gives me this error:
Database Error
Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 12:58:09 PM by joel »

Offline Exmortis

«Reply #23: November 24, 2010, 02:45:42 PM»
I am have the same problem and I use Firefox. I got to alt list click on my alts and get the same error.
edit: just noticed it does it for wanted alts too.

The same for me.

Offline Narnia

«Reply #24: November 24, 2010, 02:50:31 PM»
Sounds like my database is corrupt...

I won't be home for a few more hours but fixing this is a top priority.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 02:52:57 PM by Narnia »

supersaver