supersaver

Author Topic: Warning about another commissioner? (This is getting old.. x_x)  (Read 229 times)

Offline FAZ

Warning about another commissioner? (This is getting old.. x_x)
17 June 2009, 3:56 pm

Okay, this one isn't as bad as the Macaw incident but I figured I should tell you all anyway!

I was commissioned by Ashe Loxeus about two weeks ago

for an army-themed portrait featuring an M4 Carbine as well as camo and other things.

I was slightly uncomfortable doing the portrait, so I upped his offer from $15 to $20, and he gladly took it.

He told me to have fun with it.

I didn't, but whatever- it's a commission.

So I worked on it.

Every time I tried to ask him for suggestions or changes he wasn't online, so I just worked on it.

My boyfriend actually helped me fix the gun and such, so I had changed it a few times.

Anyway!

I finished working on the main portrait and showed him the finished product, without the background.

He loved it but had no idea what to do for a background. After saying this (and after every short conversation) he left very quickly to go to bed.

Disregarding it I finished the portrait and waited for him to pay it.

I hadn't sent him the portrait, so I didn't get scammed, thankfully.

It was two weeks since he's seen the finished product and I still hadn't been paid.

I confronted him about it today and he said he had to make a new paypal blah-blah-blah.

So I told him how to send money using the bank account without using paypal, and he refused.

So I told him that if he wasn't going to pay for it today then I would either resell it or post it up as a freebie.

He insisted that it was impossible because of his character's "specs."

(Blue hair, tiger stripes, camo, and a specific type of gun. What?)

So he said he didn't need it at all and that I shouldn't bitch at him because he's in the army, and basically tried to get me to kiss his steel-toed feet.

I decided against that, told him that I was going to resell it, and ignored him.

Could you tell me your thoughts on the problem and if I made the right decision?

Source: Furcadia Art Zone - Art Alerts

Please visit Furcadia Art Zone for additional information.