supersaver

Author Topic: Update incoming!  (Read 3272 times)

Offline Narnia

Update incoming!
«: November 15, 2010, 10:02:30 PM»
Just a heads up that FAM will be receiving an update within the next week. Please be advised that when the update is released FAM will no longer support a light and dark version of the theme. However, I'll be working on updating sections of the site to provide some more functionality.

Preview of the update:
http://www.matthirschfelt.com/dump/FAMv5.png
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Alt Market, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Offline Margaery

Re: Update incoming!
«Reply #1: November 15, 2010, 10:07:37 PM»
Just curious: Are PMs or Trade Reviews lost once the site is updated?

Edit: wtf can't spell.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 03:54:34 PM by Seattle »

Offline Narnia

«Reply #2: November 15, 2010, 10:09:31 PM»
Nothing will be lost in the update except that we will no longer have a dark theme.
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Alt Market, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Offline anathema

«Reply #3: November 16, 2010, 09:35:57 AM»
Nothing will be lost in the update except that we will no longer have a dark theme.

my poor eyes

Offline Narnia

«Reply #4: November 16, 2010, 09:49:02 AM»
I carefully weighed the cost and effort of a dark theme against the amount of people using it and unfortunately there are not enough people using it to justify the extra work in maintaining both versions of the theme

Offline RIKKI

«Reply #5: November 16, 2010, 03:36:10 PM»
damn and i really liked the dark theme too.

Offline Margaery

«Reply #6: November 16, 2010, 03:53:54 PM»
I like it, as well.

Offline Narnia

«Reply #7: November 17, 2010, 08:45:23 PM»
In preparing for the upcoming update, all users are advised to reset their avatar settings (this is as simple as going to your profile options and just saving it again without changing anything). We have made some server changes to hopefully reduce some load time and it requires users to reset their avatars to help us achieve this reduction in load time.

Offline Narnia

«Reply #8: November 17, 2010, 10:11:25 PM»
Additionally, in the near future we will begin locking threads with 1,000 or more replies to them. Once threads reach this size they tend to pull on the database a little too much. A lock after 1,000 posts will not prohibit someone from recreating the same thread though to continue where the old one was locked.

Offline Narnia

«Reply #9: November 20, 2010, 12:54:08 PM»
And the update is here.

Please note that the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy have been significantly updated.

Offline Wade

«Reply #10: November 20, 2010, 02:05:12 PM»
Please note that the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy have been significantly updated.
it says they don't exist.

Offline Narnia

«Reply #11: November 20, 2010, 02:31:23 PM»
Thanks for pointing that out. They were there, just hiding from the public. It should be fixed now.

Offline Wade

«Reply #12: November 20, 2010, 03:52:45 PM»
I still don't see anything. I don't know if this is the same with other users.

Offline Narnia

«Reply #13: November 20, 2010, 03:57:50 PM»
Try one last time. I don't know why this setting keeps flipping back on me. Should be good to go now.

Offline Wade

«Reply #14: November 20, 2010, 04:27:59 PM»
okay, there we go. now they work.

Offline Narnia

«Reply #15: November 20, 2010, 10:59:20 PM»
Some forum posts may have been lost in the upgrade.

We are working to restore them. However, it may not be possible.

Offline Narnia

«Reply #16: November 21, 2010, 10:16:15 AM»
It was appears I was able to successfully restore many of the lost posts. However, if a post you are looking for is missing, it is most likely gone for good. Sorry!

Offline Exmortis

«Reply #17: November 22, 2010, 04:10:09 PM»
I like the new layout. It seems more organized and looks cleaner.

Good job you guys!

Offline Cadaver

«Reply #18: November 24, 2010, 09:56:14 AM»
I miss the dark theme, but is there a reason I can't edit my alt lists?
Cadaver
Baal || Cancer || Cruel || Jeremy
Sean || Virus || Zane

Alts For Sale || FAZ Account || DeviantART || Weasyl

Offline Margaery

«Reply #19: November 24, 2010, 10:46:15 AM»
They're already working on fixing that issue:
http://altmarket.net/index.php?topic=40862.0

Offline Cadaver

«Reply #20: November 24, 2010, 10:57:08 AM»