supersaver

Author Topic: Tracking the history/information of a certain alt [Desdemona]  (Read 723 times)

Offline Watercolour

Alright, I received the alt Desdemona in a trade for one of my alts a few weeks back now, and I was digging for more information on her.

So far I found two websites, one Clean (nothing inappropriate/lewd on this site for younger viewers) and one Not so clean (If you are under 13, step away from the screen).

There's a bunch of information on there about this alt (who appears to have been called Perdition awhile back, but is now Desdemona?), along with refs and other arts etc.

Now, what I would like to know is...
  • how many times has this alt exchanged hands in the past, and with who?
  • who on Furcadia - or off, if they don't play anymore - owns those websites?
  • am I entitled to now own the art/design/websites related this alt?

I'm in the process of contacting the person of whom I recieved the alt from about some things, but I would like to reach out to the community too if I may for any and all information regarding the alt Desdemona.  :)

Thank you for reading.

P.S
Yeah, I know. I'm a bit of a history freak when it comes to pre-owned alts.
Selling Lifers & Animated Port Space in here.

And two of my Ported alts & others here.

Offline -

Re: Tracking the history/information of a certain alt [Desdemona]
«Reply #1: September 19, 2010, 04:55:01 PM»
lmao. this alt has a terrible history.

it was first posted in the freebie boards, the first owner claimed that they were "done with furc".
i claimed desdemona, password worked and everything.

i got a PM from a user wanting the alt in exchange for a life rabben, we traded.

APPARENTLY, the alts were "hacked" and she wanted them all back.
http://altmarket.net/index.php?topic=35790.0

she never really answered any questions, and she took the lifer rabben and let the person I traded desdemona with keep it.

then it.. circulated fam for awhile.

and it was never sold as a naked alt, so i'm pretty sure it'd be alright if you kept the design. i'm pretty sure the first owner vanished from the internet.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 04:57:43 PM by Butter »

Offline Watercolour

«Reply #2: September 19, 2010, 05:13:53 PM»
Wow, that's quite some history there; Even if they were indeed hacked once... its a lesson to use better passwords next time. ^^'

Thanks for sharing Butter.  ;)
Selling Lifers & Animated Port Space in here.

And two of my Ported alts & others here.

Offline Creek

«Reply #3: September 19, 2010, 05:30:33 PM»
The art was originally for Perdition, but the original owner moved it over to Desdemona (me and her had conversed a few times before hand, but I didn't know anything about the whole 'scamming' ordeal. I had done art for her other alts) She never got around to changing the website. She's also been MIA since things have come out into the open about the scamming. I don't think she'll be back as she told me she was just gonna take a long break from furc.

All art on Des is where it belongs. So no sweat there dear.
I NO LONGER LOG ONTO FURCADIA

Offline ali

«Reply #4: January 02, 2011, 11:57:53 AM»
i had desdemona years ago but she expired.. and assuming what butter said happened after she was out of my hands.. awkward.