supersaver

Author Topic: The end to combat in Iraq?  (Read 838 times)

Offline Sheikah

The end to combat in Iraq?
«: September 01, 2010, 12:08:22 AM»
So our combat days are over, it seems!
Click here for article!

Thoughts?
Feelings?

Discuss!

Offline Exmortis

Re: The end to combat in Iraq?
«Reply #1: September 12, 2010, 12:07:09 AM»
I talked to a friend of my who is in the Army and he is saying all of that is mostly bullshit.

He told me they were still going to send units to Iraq and didn't plan on stopping anytime soon.

He actually leaves in two weeks with his unit to go over there. So I don't know how exactly I feel about all of this.

Do they really plan to pull back or is it just something to make people sleep better at night?

Offline Julie

«Reply #2: September 12, 2010, 02:40:56 AM»
they're still sending units, but non-combative units. and all combative units have left.

Offline Sheikah

«Reply #3: September 13, 2010, 02:08:03 PM»
So we're still occupying, just not fighting?

Offline Julie

«Reply #4: September 13, 2010, 03:20:37 PM»
from what i understand, yes. we're still helping the people over there but we are no longer offensively fighting.

Offline Cardali

«Reply #5: September 13, 2010, 08:11:57 PM»
i was under the impression that troops are being taken out of iraq and put into afghanistan? or so my economics professor told me.

Offline Julie

«Reply #6: September 13, 2010, 10:58:51 PM»
he's probably right, i only saw about the first 3 days of the news coverage when they were talking about taking combative units out of iraq.

i'm really on the fence about this subject. just last week, a local soldier had been shot and killed. he was in a non-combative unit. had the combative units been there... they could have gotten to the people who killed our men before THEY were able to ambush our units.

on the other hand, i don't believe we should be overseas at all. and i mean, at all. no war is truly won. :l

supersaver