supersaver

Author Topic: Chronicle/Jhonni. Scammer Awareness.  (Read 1369 times)

Offline Blakey

Chronicle/Jhonni. Scammer Awareness.
«: July 30, 2010, 09:18:03 PM»

Well, Jhonni hasn't responded back to my whispers about having permission to post our whisper conversations so..I'll have to tell the whole damn story manually without violating the rules.

On July 26th 2010, Jhonni whispered me about trading my Life Kiwi and Life Toytle for his Life tusker. I said no because I believed that a kiwi and toytle for life was much more costly than a tusker, but I was interested in buying the Tusker for my girlfriend. So my girlfriend, Frog, told me that she would trade her life bat(not wings) for the Life tusker. Jhonni said yes and I told him that he could begin the trade with Frog. Then he tells me, "I'm not trying to scam you." Now, after that I was all like 'Okay...and since when did I say he was?' so my suspicion went on from there and once I said "I know, you can trade nowww."

He goes on saying that he changed his mind and that he didn't like bats. So I said okay and told him that he could sell the life bats for more money to make a better profit but he still refused. He still insisted me to trade my kiwi and toytle for his tusker and I said no, again. So then I made a deal with him saying I'd buy the tusker from him with money. He asked me paypal or GD and I said GD. The deal was that I would get 75 dollars, mail order them, and pay him 75 GD in exchange for his Life tusker. He said yes. I then told him that it'd probably take me up to 2-3 weeks to get the money. He agreed and said he would put the life tusker on hold and that I'd save the logs for future reference just in case he got confused or mixed up with our deal. Right after he agreed, he tells me 'oh my god i can't sell the tusker to you! my girlfriend says that i should keep it'. And so I thanked him for trying to make a deal with me and then he goes on saying he never agreed to my deal, so I posted the logs of the deal with him agreeing in it. Then he says 'Oh, nevermind I can sell it. I'm just impatient, I don't think I can wait that long for you to pay me. I really want to buy this alt.'  After that, I was utterly confused and angry. Then I confronted him with: 07/26/10 13:39:35 Narcotic: So you want the 75 GD or what? First you tell me your girlfriend won't allow you to sell your tusker and now you're telling me you can sell it but you're just impatient.

I told him to make up his mind or the deal was off and that I could always buy a tusker from somebody else. Then he told me okay and that he had a friend wanting to trade their kiwi for his tusker. Then he redirects me to Shimmer telling me she has a tusker and that she was probably willing to trade for it. I later found out Shimmer was a Moderator on FAM. Then as I was going to get interested into buying Shimmer's tusker, Jhonni tells me 'Okay I'll do the deal. Done.' So then I was having that wtf moment. Then I restated our deal, " 07/26/10 13:52:22 Narcotic: So this is the deal: In 2-3 weeks, I will recieve 75 dollars..and order GD. Which will probably take up to 3-5 days maximum. Then while we do <i> secure trade</i> we will start the exchange; your tusker for my 75 GD. But you will have to give the tusker to Frog."

He asked if he had to go first and I said I didn't care. He told me he couldn't trade first. So I told him okay and that I'd go first instead with the secure trade and at the same time he would gift the tusker to Frog. He said okay. Again, I told him I'd save the logs for future reference. Then he asks me why I was telling him this today. And I told him because we were trading that day. This is where it gets even more confusing to me. He sent me a join request and then tells me he doesn't understand my answer "Because this is the day we're trading." And  says that I had the GD today? And then I was all 'what the hell is he saying or thinking.' 

THEN he tells me he has 5 GD now, then goes '75-5=70 GD' so I was thinking "Oh..so I get to pay 70 dollars? Okay." Then he tells me no and that he needs 75 GD to buy a kiwi for life. And I told him that kiwis wouldnt probably sell for that low and then he tells me his friend is selling a kiwi for 75 GD. So I just said okay and told him to stop changing the deal. THEN a hour later he gives me this great idea. "Tell frog that I will accept a pair of life wings and a life ferian." Once again, I posted the logs to him again and told him to stop changing the deal. Then I asked if he had a FAM account and he said no and that he didn't like FAM. Soon, I was surfing the altmarket forums and found a thread with him selling something. So, I began to think why he lied to me that he didn't have a FAM account.

Then the next day he whispers me again saying that people were offering on his tusker and that he said no. I guess he whispered me that to inform me that he is reliable and that he is still putting the tusker on hold but it got really annoying because almost every single day he requests to join me and asks me how much money I had so far. Then he tells me to send him the 15 GD first and then pay me the rest later when I have it and I said no because I wasn't sure if I could trust him. He said okay and kept on urging me that he wasn't a scammer. Okay, WHERE did I say he was a scammer? When?

I said, "07/28/10 19:30:19 Narcotic: I never said you were and now that you say that, it makes me feel like you are :)" And then he tells me he only mentioned it because he was offended by the way I was talking to him and that he felt like he was a thief by the way I was making the deal with him. Then today he asked me again how much I had. I told him how much and he asked if I prefered paypal or GD. And I said GD and told him ONCE AGAIN to not try to change the offer. Then Marsh, who is my friend whispered me saying that I was interested into buying her Life dragon, which I wasn't. And once again, I cannot post logs because it has Jhonni's logs in it.

(21:12:33) Narcotic: CAN I SUMMARIZE YOUR LOGS PLEASE SINCE I HAVE NO PERMISSION TO POST YOUR ENTIRE LOG..
(21:13:25) Narcotic: ...):<
(21:13:38) Marsh: go ahead >:/
(21:13:43) Narcotic: okay

ANOTHER LONG SUMMARY.(Oh nevermind, short.)

Basically, he asks Marsh about her life Dragon and that he would trade his Life tusker(WHICH WAS SUPPOSED TO BE ON HOLD FOR ME) and then she said no and that she wanted paypal. And then Jhonni told her she knew someone who was interested into buying her dragon, she asked who, and he said Narcotic which is me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also asked him before if he was Chronicle since he made a trade with my girlfriend before and they both sound very similar. He refused that he was Chronicle and played stupid with me asking who he was.

Just saying, If they really aren't the same person, just beware of them. I'm not saying they are a scammer because they haven't really done anything to scam me, yet. They are really confusing in trades.

[/size][/font]
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 11:27:25 AM by Shimmer »
Blakey

Offline Mallory

Re: Chronicle/Jhonni. Scammer Awareness.
«Reply #1: July 30, 2010, 09:21:37 PM»
.......Aww blake ):
ALWAYS I WANNA BE WITH YOU AND MAKE BELIEVE WITH YOU AND LIVE IN HARMONY HARMONY OH LOVE.
-makes silly people stop being so silly-
Mommy why do I look like the mailman?

Offline Tyto

«Reply #2: July 30, 2010, 09:30:16 PM»
Also, he has continously asking me if I wanted to trade my life dragon and will not leave me alone about it. He did tried to sell me a life love bird--we were about to trade, but he logs off and tells me he traded it to someone else. I don't really know what that was about. I would just be careful of trading with this guy.

Offline Blakey

«Reply #3: July 30, 2010, 09:48:45 PM»
Ugh I might as well cancel my trade with him. He is seriously not keeping his word. Horrible trader lol.
Blakey

Offline Moose

«Reply #4: July 30, 2010, 09:50:17 PM»
.......Aww blake ):
ALWAYS I WANNA BE WITH YOU AND MAKE BELIEVE WITH YOU AND LIVE IN HARMONY HARMONY OH LOVE.
-makes silly people stop being so silly-

If you have absolutely nothing relevant to provide to this awareness thread, don't post.

As for the topic at hand.
I, too, have been harassed in whispers by Chronicle seeking to sell and trade digos - even though it was clear I was not interested. Several days of this- first he wanted my life tusker and lovebird, both of which are never for sale -and eventually it stopped when I sent a brutally worded whisper in reply stating if I haven't shown prior interest, why would I do so now. I've been keeping an eye on him for a while and it seems he's escalating from simple pestering whispers to full on possiblity of scamming someone.

I advise placing them on ignore immediately apon receiving a whisper.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 10:04:50 PM by Moose »
Furcadia: Moose

Offline Blakey

«Reply #5: July 30, 2010, 09:58:33 PM»
What really pissed me off is that I've already worked my ass off earning those 15 dollars.
Blakey

Offline Julie

«Reply #6: July 30, 2010, 10:26:20 PM»
if i were you i'd just go to the junkyard and find someone else, more reputable, selling a life tusker. i'm not in your situation, but i'd put jhonni/chronicle on ignore, after firmly telling them that you are no longer interested in their digo and you will not be trading with them.

good thing you didn't give them what you had already earned! you'd be down 15 bucks.

Offline Giraffe

«Reply #7: July 31, 2010, 01:30:38 AM»
Earlier today they were offering me their Tusker for 75GD.
Just a few minutes ago they offered me a Werewolf again on Devil Monster.
I think this might be another alt, they type the same and are very confusing to talk to. They said they had never spoken to me before but I thought it was strange that they wanted same things for their Werewolf, GD+Gryffe or 200 and something GD. But I removed the Gryffe off my thread hours ago.

They JUST asked me if I was seeking a werewolf. /: I said no and they said "whisper no is for you. is for /frogy" ..okay..why wouldn't he type out their whole name? He speaks the exact same as Chronicle and Jhonni, so I'm positive it's an alt of theirs.

selling alts
selling digos

Offline Blakey

«Reply #8: July 31, 2010, 01:37:41 PM»
if i were you i'd just go to the junkyard and find someone else, more reputable, selling a life tusker. i'm not in your situation, but i'd put jhonni/chronicle on ignore, after firmly telling them that you are no longer interested in their digo and you will not be trading with them.

good thing you didn't give them what you had already earned! you'd be down 15 bucks.

Yeah I'll do that. As for everyone else who read this..seriously be careful of him because he is VERY confusing.
Blakey

Offline RIKKI

«Reply #9: July 31, 2010, 09:20:28 PM»
Tbh, I think this thread has served its purpose as a warning, and doesn't need anymore pitching in from the rest of the community and how they 'almost' traded with them.