supersaver

Author Topic: Stolen today  (Read 1296 times)

Offline Old account

Stolen today
«: July 01, 2010, 10:05:03 AM»
So apparently all of my things have been hacked. My main Marli, the email that went with him and my FAM. All been opened and messed about with.

Yes! I have emailed the guardians but I would like to know if anyone saw anything?
Any alts such as Seader, Erban and Ornamental popping in and out of dreams and such.

Digos have been taken, mainly 2 year cattens and I have yet to find out if my lifer on Marli has been taken. PLEASE do not buy a lifer off the alt called Marli. It is a kiwi lifer! They will ask you for extra as it is not trans yet!

And now they have taken Seader too. Completely, can not log into him at all.

PS! Silvera has been taken too. Ported once with a feral port. No digos and she is on my selling list. Please any information to back up for the guardians would be great.

PLEASE PM ME - do not post on here as I do not want this bumped too much as it may get locked again and then I can not update it.

Thanks very much for your help guys.

EXTRA: The chars were unlocked by the guardians but.. Well as I clearly said they were now not on my email nor do I have the passwords for them and because I have no idea of how to prove they are mine the guardians will give me no info... Awesome yeah?

All items have been given back! So no more worries people! Thanks for all your help!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 01:16:04 PM by Marli »

Offline Carita

Re: Stolen today
«Reply #1: July 01, 2010, 10:21:56 AM»
I saw Seader an hour ago in Cypress Homes.

EDIT: Seader is still in Cypress Homes. Meh, it has one port and they aren't using any digos.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 10:23:58 AM by Carita »
C a r i t a  :)

Offline Old account

«Reply #2: July 01, 2010, 10:36:04 AM»
Thank you Car, I am on Seader right now. The password has been changed and I am keeping him on so they struggle to log onto him. Thank you for replying though! It is seriously appreciated.

Offline Burst Angel Jo

«Reply #3: July 01, 2010, 11:29:14 AM»
I'll add the other two alts to pounce to see if they log on or not, good luck.
Burst Angel Jo~
Bae~

Blue haired panda bear

«Reply #4: July 01, 2010, 11:59:59 AM»
Stop accusing me of stealing your alts, I didn't do it :(
However, Your predicament is a horrible one. I remember when my main was hacked. It had a port and an SS on it and i felt horrible. I am currently negotiating with your friend on who may have taken it and who did it. I hope you get your alts back.

Offline Jeremy

«Reply #5: July 01, 2010, 12:02:28 PM»
Same thing happened to me back in August, My alt got stolen, Haven't seen it since :(. Friends said they logged on it once, they confronted the hacker and they haven't got on it since. Hope it don't happen to you, good luck getting your characters back.
"Therapy is about every kid's nightmare when people are telling you that you need to get help but all you really want is´╗┐ a hug." --Alex Gaskarth

Offline Old account

«Reply #6: July 01, 2010, 12:12:54 PM»
Stop accusing me of stealing your alts, I didn't do it :(
However, Your predicament is a horrible one. I remember when my main was hacked. It had a port and an SS on it and i felt horrible. I am currently negotiating with your friend on who may have taken it and who did it. I hope you get your alts back.

I never accused you. You told my friend you had it, then you said you stole it, then you said you sold it. Then you said you gave it away.

It is a horrible feeling, this is my main, I put a lot of time, effort and money into him and so fair the guardians have done nothing, not sayign that they will not do something but after having the email my main is registered to hacked by the same person I am now screwed and have no proof as to me owning him other than everything being (c) to me, I have logs of my buying the lifer Digo on him, everything to him. I just want him and Seader back as well as the digos that were taken off other alts.

anonymous

«Reply #7: July 01, 2010, 12:22:19 PM»
Guys, as bad as it is that the alts have been hacked, please keep your posts pertaining to information on getting them back. These types of threads are not a place to post 'i sure hope you get them back!'

Offline Burst Angel Jo

«Reply #8: July 01, 2010, 12:40:23 PM»
Ornamenta has logged on, not sure if you got him/her back yet, but he/she is currently logged on at the moment.

-flees because I am to shy to whisper-

Edit-
Not sure if that was info or not, but was just saying, the do seem to be logging on your alts.
Burst Angel Jo~
Bae~

Offline Harley

«Reply #9: July 01, 2010, 12:42:07 PM»
You don't need proof if you created the alt. The system is not prehistoric, and is quite capable of learning who created alts and logging the IPs of those who signed in with the name. Give Cironir and his crew time to do their job instead of freaking out. It could take a few days to a few weeks depending on the back log and the problem itself, especially if the alts are switching hands quickly. If all works out well, you should get your digos back along with your names. If you happened to have bought the alt, sometimes things can get iffy: rumor is that if you have owned the alt for six plus months and have constant logs of your IP signing into it, it could possibly be returned to you.

Until then, you need to figure out how they got into your account. Have you made sure your antivirus and spyware is up to date? Are you exercising safe browsing techniques and not visiting suspicious webpages? Did you buy a new alt recently and changed the password before changing the email? And if so, are you one of those users who uses the same password for everything? Take this time to check your system for key loggers, viruses, etc. and if you are someone who uses the same password for everything: STOP DOING THAT. You need to go through and change your passwords to individual things, and not something easy to guess (cat123 is a bad password; fiD03kdjKAJD is a good password).