supersaver

Author Topic: FAM Scammer Alert  (Read 836 times)

Offline Martini

FAM Scammer Alert
«: June 29, 2010, 12:44:16 PM»
FAM user We_skate has just scammed me out of $30.  He was aiming for $45, but I at least managed to salvage some of it by tweaking my trading rules.

http://altmarket.net/index.php?topic=36534.0

I created this thread about purchasing Neopets, and as seen, he offered to sell me two UC grey pets.  I opted to buy the eyrie.  He asked for my MSN, which was an immediate red flag, but I stupidly continued.  He proceeded to "haggle" with me (I asked to pay half, get the eyrie, pay the rest.  He said $30 - pet - $15.)  I paid the $30 and he claimed he never received it.  I argued that I sent the money, and the only reason it wouldn't have gotten to him was if he gave me a faulty e-mail address.  He then said he would transfer the eyrie to me, and that was the last I heard.  I realize that takes matters offsite, but I don't expect reimbursement for my own idiocy and a scammer's... I'll censor myself.

Just giving you all fair warning not to do any business with him, and I hope he gets banned from the forum one of these days.  I'm neomailing the REAL owner of the pets to tell him someone is trying to sell them, and that he should specify on his userlookup that he is not engaging in any rule-breaking activities.  That might help deter We_skate.

His MSN address he's using to screw people over is [email protected]
Watch out.
I'm sure he'll change every shred of information he can now that I've posted this.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 12:49:56 PM by Laylah »
Martini in-game.  Whispers are welcome.  ♥

Offline Michelle

Re: FAM Scammer Alert
«Reply #1: June 29, 2010, 12:57:53 PM»
that's a lot of money for a neopet...
did you file a dispute with paypal? please tell me you didn't gift, lol.

also, no offense, but

Date Registered:
    Today at 11:17:38 AM
4 posts
no alts listed..

already looks a bit suspicious.
i'm sorry for your loss, but never send money first if the person doesn't have a reputation. or, at least, that's my method. haven't been screwed yet.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 01:00:35 PM by Michelle »
>>> alts for sale HERE.

Offline Martini

«Reply #2: June 29, 2010, 12:59:36 PM»
Yeah, I did gift.  But it's alright.  I'll probably sell a digo or two to make up for it.
I'm getting a little sick of spending my money online anyway.  There are better uses.  This is just a push in the right direction if you ask me.  xD

Edit::  Yeah, you're right.  There were several warnings signs.  It's my own fault.  But I just hope I can spare someone else that might have a tendency to not think clearly.  Hahaha.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 01:02:55 PM by Laylah »

Offline Michelle

«Reply #3: June 29, 2010, 01:01:57 PM»
that's also another thing to keep in mind; never gift paypal. those are near to impossible to refute..

sorry for your loss. ;(

thanks for the warning, though. <3 i sell neopets related items, and it's the most-likely way of getting scammed.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 01:05:08 PM by Michelle »
>>> alts for sale HERE.

Offline Martini

«Reply #4: June 29, 2010, 01:04:53 PM»
Thank you.  ;;  <3

Some morons just have to learn the hard way... xD