supersaver

Author Topic: Questions about banning reasons  (Read 557 times)

Offline Kels

Questions about banning reasons
«: June 15, 2010, 05:43:47 PM»
Uhm okay I have got banned twice now. So I am wondering why exactly what I did was wrong or what did it mean.

One of my bans was for putting a alt on my alt list using a * even though this alt was on another persons list. Now I ddont think there is anything wrong with these seeing as I did I own the alt at that moment the alt was on a unactive users list and the alt was listed as a free alt. So can someone let me know whats up with that?

Also I got a ban for necromancy on the forums? So like what dose that mean I thought necromany was talking to ghost or something. . .So can someone let me know what I did wrong?

Offline Harley

Re: Questions about banning reasons
«Reply #1: June 15, 2010, 05:51:52 PM»
You cannot do the *ALTNAME anymore. The reason being is that it eats up a lot of space on the server and there was a warning put up about it not long ago. Found here. There is a board available here on the forums where you can request that names be deleted, but that should be done only after you have attempted to contact the original owner to have it removed.

The second. Thread necromancy is when you revive a dead thread. A dead thread is one that has not been posted in, in more than a month, especially in the case of the original poster (also known as the OP) hasn't posted in it.

Offline Kels

«Reply #2: June 15, 2010, 06:06:25 PM»
Ahhh oaky thank you for explaining to me and about the dead thread I didnt mean to I just saw it at the top of the list so I posted XD Maybe I should look before I post

Offline Zim

«Reply #3: June 15, 2010, 06:09:43 PM»
Please, next time, contact a staff member to explain why you were banned. Posting this in public was really not the place for it.

I'm only mean out of necessity.