supersaver

Author Topic: PM Psychos  (Read 1271 times)

Offline Loki

PM Psychos
«: June 15, 2010, 05:00:25 PM»
This may or may not have been mentioned. I had about 280 pms in my box.
Suddenly, last night it started freezing on me. I thought maybe I had too many so.. today I have been trying to delete some (got it down to 170 something so far) and it still freezes every time I go in there.

I hate to pm people from my phone. Could someone whisper me on Oz on furc? I'll forget to check this.
do not play furcadia anymore.

Offline Narnia

Re: PM Psychos
«Reply #1: June 15, 2010, 06:19:40 PM»
I'm sorry. What does your phone have to do with anything?

I currently have over 325 PMs in my inbox without problems.
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Alt Market, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Offline Harley

«Reply #2: June 15, 2010, 06:22:31 PM»
I'm sorry. What does your phone have to do with anything?

I currently have over 325 PMs in my inbox without problems.

I think he's having to use his phone in order to respond to PMs.

Offline Narnia

«Reply #3: June 15, 2010, 06:36:35 PM»
Well, then stop doing that... I can't control how this site works or appears on various phone platforms.
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Alt Market, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Offline Loki

«Reply #4: June 15, 2010, 06:41:10 PM»
Lol. I had tons of pms so I deleted over half of them. Every time I would delete one page, it would freeze, I'd have to wait for to unfreeze and then do another page. I'm down to 121pms and it still messes up.

I used my phone to answer 3 pms and it worked fine, didn't bother or lag my phone.

Offline Sheikah

«Reply #5: June 16, 2010, 02:02:21 PM»
There is a chance that your phone may be having trouble fetching the data for all those PMs, so says a techie friend.  The best thing he and I could think of would just be to continue whittling down the number that you have and hope the freezing eventually stops.

Offline Harley

«Reply #6: June 16, 2010, 02:30:32 PM»
There seems to be a communication problem but I'm not sure on whose end.

Loki, are you having trouble using the PMs on a normal web browser (on a computer) or on your phone? To me it sounds like you're freezing using a computer browser and it's forcing you to use your phone in order to respond to PMs.

Offline ADALEINE

«Reply #7: June 16, 2010, 07:00:45 PM»
He said he's answering them fine on his phone.. Lol. I think he's having trouble using a web browser, and he doesn't want to use his phone to continue answering the messages.

I used my phone to answer 3 pms and it worked fine, didn't bother or lag my phone.

Offline Harley

«Reply #8: June 16, 2010, 07:04:06 PM»
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too, Ada, but I just wanted to get it confirmed for everyone else.

Honestly I wouldn't know what the problem is. Maybe you have a bunch of images loading up there? When's the last time you cleared your history cache?

Offline Loki

«Reply #9: June 16, 2010, 10:33:00 PM»
I am almost never use my fone to check pms. I just wanted to see if it would work.

Done and cleaned out for what I know. Still doing it.

Freezes when I open new pm.
alt+ctrl+dlt
I have to tell it to "end task"
"Wait for program to respond"
10min later or so, a popup will ask if I want to let the script continue
I have to relog in
It will then let me respond to one pm.

Offline Narnia

«Reply #10: June 16, 2010, 11:01:13 PM»
What browser are you using?

What OS are you using?

When did the problem start?

Do you have problems accessing any other part of the site?

Do you have a FAZ account, can you read PMs there?

Offline Loki

«Reply #11: June 17, 2010, 08:25:46 PM»
What OS are you using?
IE, Vista, Yes (other problems just started but not as bad as PMs), FAZ account name: Oz (I never used it. Signed onto it a few days ago and no problems.)

Offline Narnia

«Reply #12: June 17, 2010, 09:28:50 PM»
Try it with Firefox?

I can't reproduce this problem.

Offline Julie

«Reply #13: June 18, 2010, 03:05:19 AM»
What OS are you using?
IE, Vista, Yes (other problems just started but not as bad as PMs), FAZ account name: Oz (I never used it. Signed onto it a few days ago and no problems.)

i'm getting this same problem the 'script' thing.

but it's not only when i go to my PM box--it's also when i click certain threads (some threads are fine, others aren't).

i'm using IE, Windows 7.

i'm thinking it's an IE thing...

Offline Exmortis

«Reply #14: June 18, 2010, 08:57:31 AM»
I have had tons of problems with IE, more so when involving FAM or FAZ. For some reason it would give me such a problem just to load FAM.

I don't know if you problems all deal with IE or not, but I figured out mine did.

Offline ADALEINE

«Reply #15: June 18, 2010, 12:43:11 PM»
Someone else had a problem with FAM freezing- I need to ask them about it again, but I'm just making a note here that it isn't just Loki with the problem, and I'm pretty sure the girl uses firefox.

Offline Narnia

«Reply #16: June 18, 2010, 05:29:56 PM»
I made some changes to the site. Please let me know if you're problems have been resolved.

Offline Loki

«Reply #17: June 22, 2010, 01:02:52 AM»
I made some changes to the site. Please let me know if you're problems have been resolved.
Seems to be moving smoother now.

Offline Loki

«Reply #18: June 27, 2010, 07:46:29 PM»
Thank for putting forth the effort to fix the glitch quickly. Even if my gratitude is delayed. Still a donkey, Narnia :P <- Irritating broken smiley

supersaver