supersaver

Author Topic: Ariela/Schitzo?  (Read 1321 times)

Offline Zanadria

Ariela/Schitzo?
«: May 21, 2010, 11:16:23 PM»
    Well not really sure what is going on but there is some suspicious behavior to say the least. No permission was given since they started ignoring me after I pointed out the obvious however I will break down what happened.
    I am trying to buy a portspace and was contacted by Ariela so I said I would be more than happy to buy a space off her but that I was using GD, which she was okay with . She asked me to gift it to "Schitzo" since she was buying art off them and I kindly explained that I only really deal with secure trades. She said she didn't want to wait a week and that she didn't want to wait for the art however I pointed out that GD is transferable immediately and that it is the portspace that has to wait a week. It was at this point where she started ignoring me.
    Her description says she is leaving Furc so why bother getting art done for your character if you are leaving (unless of course its for another game or personal use which is understandable). Nothing happened however it was extremely suspicious considering I wasn't ignored til I had to turn my badge on to check something. This is just a warning in case something like this is pulled again if it hasn't already.

Aedin

Re: Ariela/Schitzo?
«Reply #1: May 22, 2010, 03:11:21 PM»
I bought portspaces from her recently, she's no scammer (okay she might be, not sure). Might I add her internet went out twice before the trade could be completed. :) Probably a misunderstanding. -- added: I'll keep an eye out.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 03:40:00 PM by Desdemona »

Offline Zim

«Reply #2: May 22, 2010, 03:20:58 PM»
I bought portspaces from her recently, she's no scammer. Might I add her internet went out twice before the trade could be completed. :) Probably a misunderstanding.

One smooth trade does not mean "not a scammer."

Many people who are confirmed scammers will perform a few good trades to up their reputation.

I'm only mean out of necessity.

Aedin

«Reply #3: May 22, 2010, 03:25:09 PM»
Very true. Just thought I'd give my knowledge on this person!

Offline Zanadria

«Reply #4: May 22, 2010, 03:49:21 PM»
Well apparently the art was for another game and she has seen the post. Wasn't very nice to me about it but if someone is unwilling to do a secure trade it puts up red flags. Ignoring me after the fact I pointed out the whole thing about GD just made it look worse. Furthermore having previously traded with someone puts the comment made today about not knowing that GD is transferable immediately to question. It is not wrong to report suspicious behavior and I apologize if this has upset people but the purpose of these forums is to alert people of suspicious behavior and scams. I was not inflammatory towards the person in question, I just wished to find out more and alert others.

Aedin

«Reply #5: May 22, 2010, 03:51:06 PM»
Oh, I didn't notice that part. Shame on me. My mistake.
'Tis odd.
No one's upset over alerts. Things are good to know. :)

Offline Zanadria

«Reply #6: May 22, 2010, 06:15:53 PM»
The apology was for Ariela due to the fact it may or may not be a scam. Just very suspicious behavior. If its nothing to worry about, then a simple change in behavior would prevent further issues. I was simply using the forum for its purpose. Not trying to smear names just tell people to proceed with caution. If there is no fault that's okay, she knows how to prevent further trade issues. I just have a problem when I am ignored until I speak up on the forums about the matter. I had waited a bit for a reply and got none until today, where she complained about this thread. In the future this kind of thing can be avoided by replying in a timely manner. Again, my apologies if this was not intended as a scam. I simply found it incredibly suspicious.

Unless there is no further input/information this thread may this thread be locked in 24 hours? Thank you moderator people :)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 06:18:03 PM by Zanadria »

supersaver