supersaver

Author Topic: Stolen alt: Tak  (Read 1245 times)

Offline Tak

Stolen alt: Tak
«: February 13, 2010, 04:26:37 PM»
So I tried to log onto my alt Tak today, and lo and behold my password and username do not match.
It did not expire, as I log onto her regularly.
I didn't have this problem when I last logged onto her on the 8th of February, 2010.
I have not changed the password, or email address.
So yep, I'm pretty sure she's been stolen.

I've already tried to change the password but received no email from furcadia to change it. It also appears the alt is not under my email anymore.
I've also sent an email to the guardians so all I can really do now is spread awareness.

This isn't the first time Tak has been stolen, as during that whole fiasco where someone hacked into furcadia and stole some passwords, she was one of the unlucky few.
Luckily I was able to get her back and changed her password to something -  I thought - was more difficult to figure out.
Apparently I was wrong.
I do not share the alt. It was given to me a long time ago by a friend and yes, I have changed the password multiple times since then.
She has life classics on her.

So if anyone knows anything, or sees her wandering around and it's clearly not me, please let me know.

I'm on my alts Shackles and Kink. Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 04:56:06 PM by Tak »

Offline Tak

Re: Stolen alt: Tak
«Reply #1: February 13, 2010, 11:43:16 PM»
[EDIT] I tried logging in this afternoon and managed to get on my alt. Changed everything. However my life classics are missing.

Offline Vera!

«Reply #2: February 13, 2010, 11:48:32 PM»
have you sent an email to the guardians about it? they may be able to figure out where the wings went.

Offline Tak

«Reply #3: February 13, 2010, 11:55:20 PM»
Yepyep.

Just waiting for a reply.

Joel

«Reply #4: February 14, 2010, 01:02:44 AM»
what email is the alt now under, or did they change it back to the original?

Offline Tak

«Reply #5: February 14, 2010, 11:04:37 AM»
It was under the one I normally use. ([email protected])
Yesterday morning, it had said the name wasn't under my email.
I tried logging on yesterday afternoon, and it let me get on.
I immediately changed the password and used a different email for her.
Although my life classics are missing.

Joel

«Reply #6: February 14, 2010, 11:17:08 AM»
oooh. so whoever stole them probably changed the password first, then changed it back whenever the thread was made. but it's odd that it wasn't under your email yesterday. o.o

Offline Tak

«Reply #7: February 14, 2010, 12:02:01 PM»
That's exactly what I'm trying to figure out. |:

Me thinks they got spooked from the thread.

Offline ADALEINE

«Reply #8: February 14, 2010, 12:24:05 PM»
Or they just wanted your life classics. :P You should probably change the password to your email address.

Until we get a guardian's reply, I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread. When you do, send me a message, Tak, and I'll post it. If anyone has anything to add, please send me a PM as well. Anything irrelevant will be ignored.